Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 12:07:47 PM EDT
michaelyon.blogspot.com/

A buddy of mine sent me this link about a former SF guy embedded right now with a Stryker Brigade unit.  He has written about some very interesting and amazing experiences that the main stream media doesn't tell us about.  

This brief part of the story caught my attention;

"And then help arrived in the form of one man: CSM Prosser.

Prosser ran around the corner, passed the two young soldiers who were crouched low, then by me and right to the shop, where he started firing at men inside.

A man came forward, trying to shoot Kurilla with a pistol, apparently realizing his only escape was by fighting his way out, or dying in the process. Kurilla was aiming at the doorway waiting for him to come out. Had Prosser not come at that precise moment, who knows what the outcome might have been.

Prosser shot the man at least four times with his M4 rifle. But the American M4 rifles are weak--after Prosser landed three nearly point blank shots in the man's abdomen, splattering a testicle with a fourth, the man just staggered back, regrouped and tried to shoot Prosser."

From his site:

Michael Yon is an independent, informed observer chronicling the monumentally important events in the efforts to stabilize Iraq. His dispatches have the benefit of his life experiences without drawbacks based on deadlines or demands of marketplace. The cost of these dispatches is borne solely by Michael. Readers who enjoy these dispatches and want to support Michael's mission in Iraq, can make a contribution using the following PayPal link. Donations can also be sent to Michael Yon P O Box 416 Westport Pt MA 02791

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:13:30 PM EDT
[#1]
dupe

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:14:22 PM EDT
[#2]
FYI....This is a dupe from last week.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:14:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Sorry for the dupe. Should have known better.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top