Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 12:07:11 PM EDT
I am trying to sight in my .177 cal pellet air rifle.  It's a Gamo.

muzzle velocity is 1000 fps

Scope is a BSA and is almost exactly 1 inch above bore axis.

What is the recommended sight in distance?  Is there a calculation already in existence for holdover, or must I figure it through trial and error?  This is problematic, as I live in a residential area and am able to shoot only occasionally.

Thanks!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:11:48 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
I am trying to sight in my .177 cal pellet air rifle.  It's a Gamo.

muzzle velocity is 1000 fps

Scope is a BSA and is almost exactly 1 inch above bore axis.

What is the recommended sight in distance?  Is there a calculation already in existence for holdover, or must I figure it through trial and error?  This is problematic, as I live in a residential area and am able to shoot only occasionally.

Thanks!

Is the Scope made for airguns? I understand a magnum powerd airgun can kill a good quality riflescope. I sighted in my kids for 10yds, its only 500fps and thats the exact distance it wil be shot at.

Mine is sighted in for 25yards. The distance from my back door to my fence.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:24:14 PM EDT
[#2]
I think the answer to your question is "What distance will you be shooting it at"

I'd think 25 yards would be max...
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top