Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/30/2005 11:59:12 AM EDT
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:07:12 PM EDT
[#1]
All those people wading in water to rob a store deserve malaria as an added bonus, "for the oppressed peoples."
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:07:18 PM EDT
[#2]
Not gonna click on it (cause I'd just get irritated)

Said it before & will say it again: In 1977 when Johnstown was devastated by a flood (77 dead); the mayor issued a public edict, "looters will be shot on sight" and ya know what? there wasn't much looting after that.

Sad part is, the looters will trun people off from helping those genuinely in need...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:07:22 PM EDT
[#3]
lock and load
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:09:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Looters?  What looters?  Oh!  Those thieves, yeah, well... I read'em from the book.

"can I borrow your car?" -looter.  What a dumbshit.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:10:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Not gonna click on it (cause I'd just get irritated)

youd likely be more than irritated. its beyond what you would even be able to consider unreasonable.

...just wait till someone ODs on looted drugs and the family sues because no effort was made to secure such things.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:10:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:11:57 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:13:17 PM EDT
[#8]
Undocumented shoppers.

I fucking hate looters.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:13:46 PM EDT
[#9]
so even the cops got in on the action, huh?

d00p...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:14:28 PM EDT
[#10]

“This is for the sick,” Officer Jeff Jacob said. “We can commandeer whatever we see fit, whatever is necessary to maintain law.”

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:15:52 PM EDT
[#11]
What do you do?

You are at your home......you are tired and scared. Almost everything you own is gone, the little you have left is being taken by a gang of looters.

There is no 911 and the Police and National Guard that are around are too busy or do not care.

The looters are coming for your food and water................and they are prepared to go through you to get it.

If you fire to protect yourself, the police will THEN COME (heard the shot) and take YOU away, then your family and home are left defenseless.

A no win situation....................
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:16:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Police commandeer pharmacy
At a drug store on Canal Street just outside the French Quarter, two police officers with pump shotguns stood guard as workers from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel across the street loaded large laundry bins full of medications, snack foods and bottled water.

“This is for the sick,” Officer Jeff Jacob said. “We can commandeer whatever we see fit, whatever is necessary to maintain law.”

Another officer, D.J. Butler, told the crowd standing around that they would be out of the way as soon as they got the necessities.

“I’m not saying you’re welcome to it,” the officer said. “This is the situation we’re in. We have to make the best of it.”

The looting was taking place in full view of passing National Guard trucks and police cruisers.

How about that angle?

ETA:  That is starting to really burn me.  When I do it for me or mine it's looting.  When uncle suger does it in force that's all fine and dandy.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:18:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dupity Dupe.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384317

BigDozer66

Yet the other thread gets locked?

I do not understand how the decision to lock or not lock is made?

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:18:51 PM EDT
[#14]
Why are they not being shot for christ's sake?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:18:55 PM EDT
[#15]
Looks like the water missed some...

fuckers.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:19:39 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dupity Dupe.

www.jobrelatedstuff.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384317

BigDozer66

Yet the other thread gets locked?

I do not understand how the decision to lock or not lock is made?

BigDozer66

This thread was started earlier.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:20:28 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
All those people wading in water to rob a store deserve malaria as an added bonus, "for the oppressed peoples."

They really deserve a bullet right between thier eyes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:20:37 PM EDT
[#18]
pretty sad shit that "it" has come to this.

God help 'em if looters ever made a run at my house...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:20:58 PM EDT
[#19]
Locked thread: 3:58:02 PM
This thread: 3:59:12 PM

but who cares
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
What do you do?

You are at your home......you are tired and scared. Almost everything you own is gone, the little you have left is being taken by a gang of looters.

There is no 911 and the Police and National Guard that are around are too busy or do not care.

The looters are coming for your food and water................and they are prepared to go through you to get it.

If you fire to protect yourself, the police will THEN COME (heard the shot) and take YOU away, then your family and home are left defenseless.

Why would the police take you away for defending yourself and your family?  Where do you live?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:23:08 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

but who cares

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:27:23 PM EDT
[#22]
The demographics of the looters is interesting.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:29:42 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

but who cares

This is what I am talking about!

Maybe this thread originator is more popular than the other thread originator?

BigDozer66

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:34:37 PM EDT
[#24]

“To be honest with you, people who are oppressed all their lives, man, it’s an opportunity to get back at society,” he said.

I'm calling my uncle about this...

I'd be banned for voicing my thoughts...

My body would not be found...

The authorities will not be notified...

There would not be a thread in the pit about it...

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:38:04 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
How about that angle?

ETA:  That is starting to really burn me.  When I do it for me or mine it's looting.  When uncle suger does it in force that's all fine and dandy.

No I think he's right. He coudl have handled it better though, like stating how the state will probably re-emburse the store owner for whatever was taken. (At least they better)
There's a big difference in stealing jeans for your homies and taking medication to help sick and injured. The officer could have been a little more diplomatic about it, but he was in the right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:49:35 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:
What do you do?

Why would the police take you away for defending yourself and your family?  Where do you live?

Welcome to the New AmeriKa.
Get in line.
Don't ask questions.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:56:49 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

At a drug store on Canal Street just outside the French Quarter, two police officers with pump shotguns stood guard as workers from the Ritz-Carlton Hotel across the street loaded large laundry bins full of medications, snack foods and bottled water.

Another officer, D.J. Butler, told the crowd standing around that they would be out of the way as soon as they got the necessities.

“I’m not saying you’re welcome to it,” the officer said. “This is the situation we’re in. We have to make the best of it.”

The looting was taking place in full view of passing National Guard trucks and police cruisers.

How about that angle?

These cops need to be charged with theft, plain and simple.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:59:19 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How about that angle?

These cops need to be charged with theft, plain and simple.

Nope.
Sorry - .gov can take ANYTHING you have if they deem it neccessary for the re-building effort, common good, etc.
In addition they can "draft" you to serve as labor in the rebuilding effort.
Aren't executive orders fun?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:59:33 PM EDT
[#29]
So I guess the lesson ehre is that if I can roll up to a drugstore with enough firepower, I can commandeer as I see fit too?

As for the looters - all I can say is that alligators, disease, and storeowners' bullets don't know that you're "oppressed," and don't care.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:05:05 PM EDT
[#30]

Looters are "oppressed" suppressed people

Or at least they would be if they showed up at my door.  As in under suppressive fire. . . .
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:07:20 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
The demographics of the looters is interesting.

Yes, very interesting indeed. I'm shocked.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:21:37 PM EDT
[#32]
Looters a some where between GnagBangers and child molestors in my book, Just kill them all, No questions asked, just open fire.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:35:45 PM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:39:57 PM EDT
[#34]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Looters a some where between GnagBangers and child molestors in my book, Just kill them all, No questions asked, just open fire.  

With badges or without.

This thread will go down hill fast.

But those cops are no better than the looters.  Stealing is stealing.  Just because you have a badge doesnt make it right.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:42:41 PM EDT
[#35]
From the article

Some in the crowd splashed into the waist-deep water like giddy children at the beach.

Do you think that these folks are smart enough to figure out that the water is full of nasty stuff like sewage???  There are going to be some very very sick people in the next couple of days.  

Paybacks are a bitch, even when your not the one handing them out.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:55:33 PM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:11:49 PM EDT
[#37]
A conversation about Looters should be about "depressed trigger" not "oppressed people".
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:16:55 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With badges or without.

But those cops are no better than the looters.  Stealing is stealing.  Just because you have a badge doesnt make it right.

Did you actually read the post?  Two cops were standing by as employees of the Rits-Carlton loaded up the medicines.  Would you rather some drug addict/looters came and took it?  You jump to a big conclusion that they are stealing it for thier own profit.  Although that is possible, it is just as likely or more likely they were doing it for good.

Cop bashers crack me up sometimes at how fast they will jump to a negative opinion of Law Enforcement.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:27:09 PM EDT
[#39]
Being too lazy to get an education or a job, collecting welfare all your life, and receiving free housing does not make you "opressed" and grant you free pass to be a dirty thieving POS.

That is all.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With badges or without.

Dis you actually read the post?  Two cops were standing by as employees of the Rits-Carlton loaded up the medicines.  Would you rather some drug addict/looters came and took it?  You jump to a big conclusion that they are stealing it for thier own profit.  Although that is possible, it is just as likely or more likely they were doing it for good.

Cop bashers crack me up sometimes at how fast they will jump to a negative opinion of Law Enforcement.

The cops' rationalization for looting doesn't matter in the least.  Theft is theft.  If they plan to compensate the store owner, then it's an entirely different matter, but the article makes no mention of that.  So we're left to conclude that the cops were aiding and abetting thieves.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:42:28 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

but who cares

This is what I am talking about!

Maybe this thread originator is more popular than the other thread originator?

BigDozer66

maybe because this thread had 9+ posts and the other had 2 and was slipping off page 1. had we caught it early enough it would have been this one.

I give up because I have had threads locked that were dupes when mine had more posts but were time stamped later.

BigDozer66
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:20:07 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:21:48 PM EDT
[#43]
When I saw that on the news it reminded me of all the load bearers crossing the river in the old Tarzan movies.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:23:10 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:28:08 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With badges or without.

Damn another advocation of Killing a Cop......where does it stop.

Um, no, this thread is about looters.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:30:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 7:34:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:12:54 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

With badges or without.

Damn another advocation of Killing a Cop......where does it stop.

I GUESS ADVOCATING THE MURDER OF LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS IS NOT A CoC VIOLATION

You ask where will it stop? Who knows. All I know is I came to ARFCOM in 2002. Back then, things were great. Now, it's full of asshats crapping out this LEO hate.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:30:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Ok, I'll bite

They (leo) are not "enforcing a law" if they are looting, they are looters.

That being said, if a stockpile of resources is being "utilized" then that is what will happen for the common good (hopefully)

But if joe citizen has a house/business/cash of defended supplies, and is being assaulted....well you know the drill.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:34:44 PM EDT
[#50]
I think it's funny how the cop they interviewed said that they "can comandeer anything they want to maintain law."  

Strictly speaking, conspiring with looters is a violation of the law.

Now, to maintain order?  sure, thats plausible.  But the law?  Sounds to me the cop they interviewed seems to think that the Law is whatever he decides it is.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top