Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 9:42:23 AM EDT
It is absolutely horrible.

It's a demonic gray clad sky which pours constant rain.  An inch so far today...with an addtional inch in the forecasts and no end in sight through tomorrow morning.  The gutters in the front of my house apparently require cleaning as water froths over their brim in front of my garage...causing flooding in an isolated corner which may or may not require some sponging up.  I doubt my homeowners insurance will cover the damage to a tattered carboard box with scraps of used sandpaper of various grits contained therein.

Winds are a treacherous 10-15 mph...with occasional gusts as high as 20mph.  Its barely audible whispers occasionally rising above the steady drone of rain against my roof.

I hope I can find a way to persevere this disaster.

The horror....the horror...

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:49:43 AM EDT
[#1]
You know my satellite TV had rain fade this morning?

I thought it was a sign of the coming apocalypse for a few seconds there..

Seriously though..

GL to everyone on the gulf coast, stay safe.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:53:48 AM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

It's a demonic gray clad sky which pours constant rain.  An inch so far today...with an addtional inch in the forecasts and no end in sight through tomorrow morning.  The gutters in the front of my house apparently require cleaning as water froths over their brim in front of my garage...causing flooding in an isolated corner which may or may not require some sponging up.  I doubt my homeowners insurance will cover the damage to a tattered carboard box with scraps of used sandpaper of various grits contained therein.

Winds are a treacherous 10-15 mph...with occasional gusts as high as 20mph.  Its barely audible whispers occasionally rising above the steady drone of rain against my roof.

If they declare martial law there,  you (as a dog) are in real trouble.  Keep us posted.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:01:08 AM EDT
[#3]
So Zippy the wonder dog....Do you have a dog named Zippy?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:11:55 AM EDT
[#4]
Only one thing to do...  start shooting looters!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:12:02 AM EDT
[#5]
Hey we are getting let out of work at 3:00pm today because of the weather...so I'm not complaining.  Although the weather is just rain right now.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:15:21 AM EDT
[#6]
Its because you're not in California.  

Remember a year or two ago they had the "storm of the century".  It rained 3" - in one day!! Oh the humanity!

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:24:11 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
You know my satellite TV had rain fade this morning?

I thought it was a sign of the coming apocalypse for a few seconds there..

Seriously though..

GL to everyone on the gulf coast, stay safe.

I know what you mean.  Throughout the day I have experienced occasional pixelation or even outright loss of signal.  My connection to the outside world cut off...untill I could make my way over to my laptop to open the lid for internet access.

The power could possibly go out at any minute.

The horror...
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:26:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:27:34 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Remember a year or two ago they had the "storm of the century".  It rained 3" - in one day!! Oh the humanity!

My buddy in CA was busitng on the people of AL about getting a little wind and rain. I had to remind him he lives in an area that receives 11" of rain anually. It can rain 6" a day here.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 2:30:17 PM EDT
[#10]
The unbridled horror I have been facing....

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:20:41 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Probably NOT enough minorities impacted by it to warrant coverage by the media
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:22:40 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/geneevans/RAD_MOS_STATE_IL_N0R.gif

wow, Ohio is gettin douched...

[hijack]what is up with the KY governor issuing blanket pardons?[/hijack]
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:29:22 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Last year it rained for three months straight. Just because its Kalifornia don't mean its nice all the time. Hell, look at LA!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:31:08 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

img.photobucket.com/albums/v290/geneevans/RAD_MOS_STATE_IL_N0R.gif

wow, Ohio is gettin douched...

[hijack]what is up with the KY governor issuing blanket pardons?[/hijack]

Yeah, I heard about that, but don't know of any substance behind it.

BTW...the flood levels in the southwest corner of my garage have come within 10" of my car's right rear tire.  I am tempted to call on the Illustrious Kentucky National Guard for some assistance and relief, but they are all probably too busy chasing their sisters around the house with perversive intentions.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:33:52 PM EDT
[#15]
I had to put on my rain gear to take out the trash today. Then I had to proceed to the curb with the can in tow. I did manage to jump across a 10" puddle without getting stuck.

We too had satellite fade today off and on. I almost had to subcribe to cable to hear our pending doom. Our local news said we may have many tornados to deal with this afternoon. I am still in the underground bunker and bailing out the fresh water with a dixie cup. I hope KY comes out of this ordeal ok.
I can not look out of the bunker without getting a very fine rain mist in my eyes. I wish I stocked up on goggles now.

Oooooh............I hear something!
Yes, it's the...
Ice cream man............I may run for my life and buy an AK47 for good measure from him to stop all of the looters.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:51:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
BTW...the flood levels in the southwest corner of my garage have come within 10" of my car's right rear tire.  I am tempted to call on the Illustrious Kentucky National Guard for some assistance and relief, but they are all probably too busy chasing their sisters around the house with perversive intentions.

* sending an urgent request to the UN for emergency humanitarian shipments of ArmorAll *
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:56:01 PM EDT
[#17]
maybe because tomorrow KY won't look like this
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top