Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 9:23:58 AM EDT
Where can i find them for a Dodge without having to pay some damn membership fee?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:35:42 AM EDT
[#1]
anyone?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:51:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Dodge owners forum perhaps ????

Usually have a few wrenches on them, in my experience.   Least the Ford one's I've been on.

Probably look it up for you at work, if you ask real sweet and bat your eyelashes some.    A little wiggle couldn't hurt either.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:54:24 AM EDT
[#3]
What are you looking for?  I have access to all service bulletins.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:07:54 AM EDT
[#4]
2002 Dodge Durango, lumbar support

or anything else on the durango
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:13:55 AM EDT
[#5]
NUMBER: 23-003-02

GROUP: Body

DATE: Jan. 21, 2002

SUBJECT:
Seat Lumbar Adjuster Inoperative

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves repairing the seat lumbar adjuster cable.

MODELS:

2002 (DN) Durango

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The mechanical lumbar adjuster in the power seat may become inoperative. This could be caused by the separation of the two piece cable in the adjuster mechanism located under the seat.

DIAGNOSIS:

Inspect the lumbar adjuster mechanism cable under the seat (Fig. 1). If the cable has become separated at the coupler, perform the Repair Procedure.

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

1. Locate the plastic coupler in the center of the adjuster cable and snap the two pieces together.

2. Place the coupler and cable against the seat frame as shown (Fig. 2). Make sure that the opening in the coupler is turned towards the seat frame to prevent separation of the components in the future. Wrap a nylon tie strap around the coupler and through the existing hole in the seat frame, and secure the coupler to the seat frame.

POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:20:00 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
NUMBER: 23-003-02.........

THANKS MAN! Is there anything on a check engine light that wont go away for TROUBLE CODE P0456, EVAP MONITOR SYSTEM? I've unhooked the battery 3 times and the P0456 code eventually comes back
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:24:09 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:
NUMBER: 23-003-02.........

THANKS MAN! Is there anything on a check engine light that wont go away for TROUBLE CODE P0456, EVAP MONITOR SYSTEM? I've unhooked the battery 3 times and the P0456 code eventually comes back

Yes there is, but it is for a reflash.  You probably need to see the dealer about that one.

NUMBER: 18-002-03

GROUP: Vehicle Performance

DATE: Jan. 31, 2003

THIS BULLETIN SUPERSEDES TECHNICAL SERVICE BULLETIN 18-016-02 REV A, DATED SEPTEMBER 23, 2002, WHICH SHOULD BE REM9VED FROM YOUR FILES. THE REVISION IS HIGHLIGHTED WITH **ASTERISK** AND INCLUDES AN ADDITIONAL MODEL YEAR FOR THE WJ VEHICLES.

THIS BULLETIN IS BEING PROVIDED IN ADVANCE. THE TechCONNECT/MDS2 MUST BE OPERATING WITH CIS CD2126 OR HIGHER, AVAILABLE FEBRUARY 17, 2003.

SUBJECT:
Flash: MIL Illumination For Erroneous DTC P0456 - EVAP Monitor Small Leak Detected

OVERVIEW:
This bulletin involves selectively erasing and reprogramming the Powertrain Control Module (PCM) with new software.

MODELS:

2002            (AN)            Dakota

2002            (DN)            Durango

**2002** -      (WJ)            Grand Cherokee

NOTE :THIS BULLETIN APPLIES TO 2002 (AN) DAKOTA AND (DN) DURANGO EQUIPPED WITH ANY CORPORATE ENGINE AND, **2002** - 2003 (WJ) EQUIPPED WITH THE 4.7L ENGINE (SALES CODE EVA OR EVC).

SYMPTOM/CONDITION:

The Malfunction Indicator Lamp (MIL) may illuminate due to the erroneous detection of a small leak in the vehicle's evaporative system. The Diagnosis Trouble Code (DTC) associated with this condition is P0456 (EVAP Monitor Small Leak Detected.) No system leaks are detected when the evaporative system is tested. The DTC may be intermittent.

DIAGNOSIS:

If MIL is on and Diagnostic Trouble Code (DTC) P0456 is present, perform the Repair Procedure.

EQUIPMENT REQUIRED:

REPAIR PROCEDURE:

1. Connect a battery charger and set as close to a 14 volts charge as possible.

2. Flash the PCM using the TechCONNECT/MDS2 and DRBIII(R).

NOTE :DUE TO THE PCM REPROGRAMMING PROCEDURE, A DTC MAY BE SET IN OTHER MODULES (TCM, BCM, MIC, SKIM, ETC.) WITHIN THE VEHICLE, IF SO EQUIPPED. SOME DTC'S MAY CAUSE THE MIL TO ILLUMINATE. ALL DTC'S RELATE TO A LOSS OF COMMUNICATIONS WITH THE MODULE THAT IS BEING REPROGRAMMED. CHECK ALL MODULES, RECORD THE FAULTS, AND ERASE THESE FAULTS PRIOR TO RETURNING THE VEHICLE TO THE CUSTOMER. ERASE ANY FAULTS IN THE PCM ONLY AFTER ALL OTHER MODULES HAVE HAD THEIR FAULTS ERASED.

NOTE :THE FOLLOWING STEPS ARE REQUIRED BY LAW.

3. Type the necessary information on the "Authorized Software Update Label" p/n 04669020 (Fig. 1). Attach the label to the PCM and/or TCM as necessary and cover the label(s) with the clear plastic overlay.

4. Type the necessary information on the "Authorized Modification Label" p/n 04275086AB and attach near the VECI label (Fig. 2).

POLICY:
Reimbursable within the provisions of the warranty.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:26:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Dammit! I guess I'll have to pay for that one it's out of warranty.

Thanks again Roadhawk for your help!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:30:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
https://www.autozone.com/servlet/UiBroker?UseCase=U001&UserAction=myZoneToCustRegistration

Yeah I saw that but you have to be a paid member. If i was a mechanic or dealer i could see paying for a scrip. but I will hopefully very rarely need these things.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top