Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/30/2005 8:49:08 AM EDT
My good friend Woden, My daughter and I went shooting this weekend. Here's a video.

Bomber

Video

Please right click and save as
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:20:20 AM EDT
[#1]
Sweeeet video.

That girl has incredible control over all of the firearms she shot. You're doing something right.

Was that a Socom 16? or the Scout Squad?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:29:43 AM EDT
[#2]
Nice. Thanks for the vid. Almost as good as going to the range myself (yeah, right)
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:39:31 AM EDT
[#3]
Thanks for the Video
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:40:13 AM EDT
[#4]
nice vid.  at first, I couldnt figure out why you were aiming so high.  then i saw the hill.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:41:09 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Sweeeet video.

That girl has incredible control over all of the firearms she shot. You're doing something right.

It's my buddy Woden's Socom 16. I was never a fan of the M14 platform until I shot his. I think the Scocom is better balanced that the full size and scout versions which makes it nice to shoot. Woden also took the video and edited it.

Thanks for the compliment on Morgan. She's 11 and shoots very well for her age. She did shoot the Krink but we didn't get any video of it......I guess that means we'll have to go out again.

Bomber

PS I excited to get a new avatar our of it
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:46:17 AM EDT
[#6]
is the handgun she is shooting a walther or a steyr?

she can maybe out shoot me lol
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:53:35 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
is the handgun she is shooting a walther or a steyr?

she can maybe out shoot me lol

The first one is a SA XD9 Service model. The second one is a Walther P22.

Did you see the trigger discipline when she first took the UMP? Proud to say the least.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 9:55:14 AM EDT
[#8]
how does she like the XD-9  I have a female friend about 5'2" tall.  Does that have a thin grip on it? She has pretty small hands.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:09:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Great vid, thanks for sharing it.

My fav is the kid on the usc/ump with no failers, yet all adults get em.

Also is that the S.E.A.K III krinkov?

ETA: www.ak47.net/forums/topic.html?b=4&f=64&t=74980
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Sweeeet video.

It's my buddy Woden's Socom 16. I was never a fan of the M14 platform until I shot his. I think the Scocom is better balanced that the full size and scout versions which makes it nice to shoot. Woden also took the video and edited it.

Thanks for the compliment on Morgan. She's 11 and shoots very well for her age. She did shoot the Krink but we didn't get any video of it......I guess that means we'll have to go out again.

Bomber

PS I excited to get a new avatar our of it

Watching the video, I was just amazed at how well she handled all of the firearms. Perfect trigger control, grip, stance, and even aim! Indeed, you should be very proud.

I'm seriously considering a Socom 16, but I was worried about the fps and accuracy loss compared to the 18 and 22 inch barrels. How far out was the furthest gong that you were shooting at?

How loud was it? and how bad is the muzzle blast and kick? It looked surprisingly tame.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:46:37 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

I'm seriously considering a Socom 16, but I was worried about the fps and accuracy loss compared to the 18 and 22 inch barrels. How far out was the furthest gong that you were shooting at?

How loud was it? and how bad is the muzzle blast and kick? It looked surprisingly tame.

We were shooting a chest sized steel swinger at 150 yards.  

I find it to be as easily controlled as my AR.  Mebbe slightly more kick.  I've never noticed the muzzle blast.  I love shooting it.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:50:09 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

We were shooting a chest sized steel swinger at 150 yards.  

I find it to be as easily controlled as my AR.  Mebbe slightly more kick.  I've never noticed the muzzle blast.  I love shooting it.

Sweet, and thanks.

I think I'm just about sold on one.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 10:55:38 AM EDT
[#13]
-1 for no ar's
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:00:59 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
-1 for no ar's

I would agree if it were true. For some reason we didn't film any of them. We actually had 3 ARs  there including a 6.8.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:02:42 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
how does she like the XD-9  I have a female friend about 5'2" tall.  Does that have a thin grip on it? She has pretty small hands.

She like it a lot but it is still a little to large for her. My guess is your adult friend who is much taller than Morgan will have no problems with the grip size.

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:04:56 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
Great vid, thanks for sharing it.

My fav is the kid on the usc/ump with no failers, yet all adults get em.

Also is that the S.E.A.K III krinkov?

It's actully a Yugo M92 Krink (7.62 x 39)

Bomber
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 11:20:03 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:
-1 for no ar's

I would agree if it were true. For some reason we didn't film any of them. We actually had 3 ARs  there including a 6.8.

Bomber

I can tell you the reason...it's the camera operator likes to shoot guns more than video
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top