BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/30/2005 8:04:13 AM EDT
I would like tohelp out a little.  

Red Cross?
Salvation Army?

On a side note, I heard that Walmart donated $1,000,000.00

What is everyone doing for those that are less fortunate?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:06:44 AM EDT
[#1]
No monetary contributions yet but - One American Red Cross volunteer here standing by for orders.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:09:18 AM EDT
[#2]
Ya, they're called taxes.

every year i work 3months for .gov.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:10:44 AM EDT
[#3]
I donated $50 to the Red Cross National Disaster Relief Fund.  Their website (www.redcross.org) is slow today, but you can also call 1-800-HELP-NOW.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:15:14 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

And insurance

probably end up making a contribution to our church effort though..
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:16:43 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

same here..........I don't see the reason for giving any more additional money, that will end up in people's pocket who run those "charities", or get diverted to some other "programs".........and BTW I believe you have to work a lot more then 3 months
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:21:50 AM EDT
[#6]
After the 9-11 fiasco I will never donate to charities, it is too difficult to determine the good ones from the bad ones.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:22:50 AM EDT
[#7]
I have a 19" TV that I want to donate but I don't know where to send it
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:23:48 AM EDT
[#8]
I pay my taxes.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:24:14 AM EDT
[#9]
Yep!

I pay taxes, which are going to the relief and I am subsidizing the refineries and off-shore oil rigs with every fuggin fill-up

Edited to add: To paraphrase the late, great Sam Kinison, a true prophet of our time; They knew it was dangerous when they moved there. DON'T SEND THEM MONEY, SEND THEM LUGGAGE AND A U-HAUL!!!

MOVE, STUPID!!! ARGGHH, ARGHH, ARRGGHH!!!!
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 8:27:39 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

+1 and add hiked up insurance rates since the insurance companies will no doubt need to recoup their losses by sticking it to all of their other customers who choose to live in regions of the country that aren't consistently destroyed by the weather.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top