User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 10:26:42 PM EDT
Don't I feel silly, when I saw the headline about the march being inclusive
I thought they meant that whites and jews would be welcome

Farrakhan Says March to Be Inclusive
Associated Press
August 29, 2005
www.newsday.com/news/nationworld/wire/sns-ap-million-man-march,0,6403450.story?coll=sns-ap-nationworld-headlines
NEW YORK -- Nation of Islam leader Louis Farrakhan said Monday that the 10th anniversary commemoration of the Million Man March will include a broad spectrum of black organizations from mainstream civil rights groups to black nationalists and "street organizations."

"For the first time in our history, every spectrum of black thought is in the same room on the same page with a cause bigger than our persons, bigger than our organizations, and the cause is to ease the suffering of the masses of our people," said Farrakhan, whose 1995 Million Man March drew hundreds of thousands of people to Washington, D.C.

The 10th anniversary effort, called the Millions More Movement, will include a rally Oct. 15 on the National Mall.

The Million Man March was criticized for excluding women; this year's rally will include women.

The Rev. Al Sharpton, who joined Farrakhan at a news conference at a midtown hotel, said the 1995 event had a positive effect on black Americans.

"If you look at what happened right after the march in '95, there was a marked decrease in crime and an increase to family responsibility," he said. "Black men were going home. Families were being reconciled."
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:29:46 PM EDT
[#1]
That's all good....ask him to handle things down in New Orleans right now...that place is about to turn into a shitfest.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top