Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 7:43:50 PM EDT
Anybody know about buying cigs off the internet, legal stuff, who to buy from/not buy from, etc ?  Good idea/bad idea ? Do you get in trouble for not paying state/local taxes, etc ?  Firsthand experience/information are what I am seeking here.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:53:17 PM EDT
[#1]
Somebody posted a while back, an artical about people being billed for back state taxes owed.

GM
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:01:50 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:09:46 PM EDT
[#3]
It's common knowledge that MANY states (NY in particular) have reciprocal agreements with
the Attorney Generals /DOJ in other states.

If the State in which the product is sold decides to Audit ANY Company , for ANY reason ,
They will give info on credit card purchases to the home state of the cardholder.

You pays your money and you takes your chances.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:12:31 PM EDT
[#4]
Best advice for buying cigs. QUITE SMOKING!

Everybody will like you, your wife, g/f or b/f, bank, gunstore, etc., only the govt and the cig companies will hate you.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:21:17 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Best advice for buying cigs. QUITE SMOKING!

Everybody will like you, your wife, g/f or b/f, bank, gunstore, etc., only the govt and the cig companies will hate you.

I'm not a regular smoker anyways, just do it once in a while and I'm great at bumming cigs off of people.  Never actually bought any in my life.  I keep it secret from people who'd care and such.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:17:19 AM EDT
[#6]
WI has started to collect back taxes for internet sales after they got a list of buyers from one of the domestic online sellers.  I used to deal with a seller out of europe, but it seems that customs has been inercepting shipments.  Nowadays, I just by 2 for 1's, ends up costing me $20 a carton for Marb's whereas offshore price was $14 delivered.  Was a great idea a while back, now too many hands are out wanting $$$.  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:19:40 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
ARFCOM Hive Mind: Buying Cigs Off The Net

ARFCOM keeps bees that smoke ?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:40:23 AM EDT
[#8]
I ordered a carton of cigs from yesmokes.ch a few years ago. My cigarettes arrived in a padded sleeve a few weeks later. But they seemed to be stale and they came from overseas where the European blend is different than the US blend. I didn't like the cigs so I didn't place another order. If you want some truly nasty cigarettes go to Mexico and buy a carton of Mexican Marlboros. One of my highschool mates brought back two cartons of these unearthly things in the eighties. They taste like donkey dung and pesticide.

If you really want to save money on cigs learn how to roll your own. I started doing it a few months ago. I pay $12.00 for 8oz of tobacco and 230 rolling papers. I have to buy a few extra sheaves of rolling papers to finish the can. One can lasts me a month. This sure as heck beats paying $30 for a carton of factory rolled cigarettes. And don't waste your money on silly rolling machines. If a burned out junky stoner can learn how to roll tight joints, you can surely learn how to roll perfectly good cigarettes. It just takes time and practice.

And yes: quitting is the cheapest option of all. I'd like to quit. I haven't gotten around to it just yet and I have a job that leaves me with a lot of free time on my hands. It is very incondusive to quitting.

Galland
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 12:53:34 AM EDT
[#9]
Grow your own.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:30:37 AM EDT
[#10]
We had several cartons (bought from Yesmoke) seized by the ATF last November from JFK Airport.  Last month we got a statement from the ATF, saying that we could either file claim and therefore pay the taxes and/or get held accountable, or we could just forfeit them.

We forfeited.  I suppose a bunch of ATF puffers didn't have to buy smokes for a while.  We had already got the charges on our CC reversed.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 1:40:15 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
I ordered a carton of cigs from yesmokes.ch a few years ago. My cigarettes arrived in a padded sleeve a few weeks later. But they seemed to be stale and they came from overseas where the European blend is different than the US blend. I didn't like the cigs so I didn't place another order. If you want some truly nasty cigarettes go to Mexico and buy a carton of Mexican Marlboros. One of my highschool mates brought back two cartons of these unearthly things in the eighties. They taste like donkey dung and pesticide.

If you really want to save money on cigs learn how to roll your own. I started doing it a few months ago. I pay $12.00 for 8oz of tobacco and 230 rolling papers. I have to buy a few extra sheaves of rolling papers to finish the can. One can lasts me a month. This sure as heck beats paying $30 for a carton of factory rolled cigarettes. And don't waste your money on silly rolling machines. If a burned out junky stoner can learn how to roll tight joints, you can surely learn how to roll perfectly good cigarettes. It just takes time and practice.

And yes: quitting is the cheapest option of all. I'd like to quit. I haven't gotten around to it just yet and I have a job that leaves me with a lot of free time on my hands. It is very incondusive to quitting.

Galland

How do you clean your yellow colored fingers though?

I bought a can of TOP and half way thru it i noticed the yellowish looking tar / nicotine on my fingers and it won't wash off!! I can only imagine how fast my lungs are tarnishing also since smoking these without a filter has to be much worse than a filtered cig  
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:44:09 PM EDT
[#12]
I was told by two gentlemen from the UK that roll your own was real big over there due to the ungodly taxes that are placed on cigs. We were going to do a ryo product here in the states for sale in the UK, but the goddamn taxes were too high because it would have been an import, and not an import from the EU. For that matter the taxes in this country are ridiculous.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top