Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 7:14:36 PM EDT
I have assembled all of the components necessary to turn the old refrigerator I moved into my basement into a Kegerator.

I just have one quetion. Can I drill a hole through the side of the fridge without hitting anything important? I don't think there are any electrical or refrigerant lines running through the sides but I want to be sure. That fridge was such a pain in the ass to move down there I don't want to wreck it and have to remove it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:16:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Paging Dr. Frige, Paging Dr. Frige......notice Frige does not contain a "d".....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:17:12 PM EDT
[#2]
yes, drill through the door.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:33:17 PM EDT
[#3]
No no NO, not through the side. That would be a crapshoot depending on where the refrigerant lines are run. If you have a hotwall condenser ( outside skin of refrig gets warm while running) there is no way.  Try the door.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:36:30 PM EDT
[#4]
I have three holes in the side of mine.  I is not hard to tell where the refrigerant lines are, usually in the back.  YMMV.

Homebrew currently on tap.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:29:40 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
No no NO, not through the side. That would be a crapshoot depending on where the refrigerant lines are run. If you have a hotwall condenser ( outside skin of refrig gets warm while running) there is no way.  Try the door.

I can see the coil on the back of the fridge.  I presume that a "hotwall" type of fridge would get noticebly warm to the touch? Pretty easy to feel?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:34:42 PM EDT
[#6]
IBTSP.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top