Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 6:17:32 PM EDT
I figure that if I can write, surf the web and email, I'm happy.

I replaced my last POS computer with another POS computer, an old 333 mHz.

I would gladly buy a newer, faster machine if I felt I needed it, but I don't feel I do.

I figure that unless I'm trying to build a nuclear submarine or a Mach 12 fighter jet or something like that, just about all computers over P-1 are pretty much the same.

After all, with dial up, they're in effect all 56ks, anyway.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:21:58 PM EDT
[#1]
You're such a rebel.  Retro computer revolutionary.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:24:49 PM EDT
[#2]
You're nuts anyway, but we like ya anyway.

Kidding!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:28:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Provided you're willing to wait for 2.5 hours for Windoze Bloatware to boot, I agree.

My impression is that the faster we make the hardware the more bells, whistles and pork the software guys (not all of them) put in the code.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:56:47 PM EDT
[#4]

Hey Pic, nice to see you back.

Missed the SEC stories a bunch    How's the little hellion doing ?  Well, I hope.

I ran a 200Mhz Pentium Pro for the longest and it was MORE than fine for dicking around on the net.   You're more than good to go !    Don't let the geeks and kiddies tell you otherwise man.

Good to see ya,

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:58:12 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Hey Pic, nice to see you back.

Missed the SEC stories a bunch    How's the little hellion doing ?  Well, I hope.

I've missed the SEC as well, but another PA member told me he died.  Is this true?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:59:11 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
I figure that unless I'm trying to build a nuclear submarine or a Mach 12 fighter jet or something like that, just about all computers over P-1 are pretty much the same.

You've obviously never done much encoding.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:59:21 PM EDT
[#7]
I just built an Athlon 64 1.8Ghz (overclocked to 2.6Ghz)
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 7:25:20 PM EDT
[#8]
SEC baby!!!

SEC!!!!

CMOS
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:08:00 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
[I've missed the SEC as well, but another PA member told me he died.  Is this true?

The little guy is on his last legs, but still very much a character. A couple of weeks ago, I thought it was going to be the end and even went so far as to get a set of cat tags made to mark his final spot, but he rallied a bit. It's now day to day, but I'm enjoying him while I still can.

As long as he's a PITA,and a cat, we'll keep him going.

I've taken him outside a few times and it's a mixed situation. It's heartbreaking to see him old and sslow, but it's a joy to watch him snoop around and be a cat.
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 6:15:32 AM EDT
[#10]
Many read/post here on PSP's,  just pretend you are mobile and all will be well. Really the only consumer need for high end machines is gaming and video. Spend your money on a xbox360, dvd player ,and keep your cheap ass comp.

ETC: late night grammer errors
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top