Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/29/2005 5:45:15 PM EDT
I drive a 98 2500 Ram with a Cummins engine and 195K miles on it.  Most of the time a wonderful truck to own and drive.  Gets better gas milage then my last truck, a Dakota, so all in all I have been very happy with it.

Till this last week.  The Fuel Pump Control Moduel has been dying hard on me.  What I mean by this is the dumb ass engineers at Dodge decided it would be a good idea to put an electronic control unit on top of the fuel injection pump.  The fuel injection pump is located next to the engine, this means that they both get VERY hot.  High tempurature + electricity = very bad things.  Well, it was having trouble starting when the engine was hot, I was compensating for this and making sure I had time to let the truck cool down before I had to start it again.  And getting complimentary cups of ice every once and a while and icing down the FPCM.  I figured I had maybe a month till it would die completly, giving me and my girlfriend time to figure out alternate transportation while I ripped out the fuel pump and shipped it off to be fixed.  If you cant tell from the title I didnt get that time.  It did a full belly flop on me today, I am barrowing a car from her while she barrows a car from her dad.  Tomarrow I get to pull the pump and ship it off.  All in all very frustrating.  I hate not standing on my own two feet.  Depending on anyone (besides my girl) makes me edgy.  Specially since her dad talks crap about me to her when I am not around (and sometimes when I am there but he does it in Korean so I cant understand).  Anyways, just had to vent.  Carry on.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top