Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 4:57:00 PM EDT
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:58:45 PM EDT
[#1]
Still not much word from the Mississippi coast, but some reports that many homes are destroyed, even some of the homes that stood through Camille.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:01:15 PM EDT
[#2]
I'm glad the storm wasn't what was originally predicted.Still fucked up,but not as bad as it could have been.

See LEO's driving down Bourbon street on FNC now,so it looks like it was somewhat spared.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:01:44 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Still not much word from the Mississippi coast, but some reports that many homes are destroyed, even some of the homes that stood through Camille.

Earlier they said there was massive damage in MS, almost complete devastation in some areas
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:01:47 PM EDT
[#4]
Any news sources listing what parts of the city+suburbs are flooded?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:02:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Damn, all of those trees with no leaves.

It is weird to see how calm it is now, knowing how violent it was just a few hours ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:02:58 PM EDT
[#6]
geez, did you see those images of the Hyatt?

every window gone on a 25 story building
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:03:33 PM EDT
[#7]
The worst of the weather is here now.  I'm in Starkville (NE MS).

I'm pretty sure the only reason I still have power is because I am on the same grid as the Hospital across the street.

Wind is really strong and it's been raining non-stop since early this morning.  The worst I have gotten is that my cable went out for an hour or so and the power went off for about 10 seconds at one point.

I went out earlier and at one intersection I smelled smoke then saw that a large tree had fallen on a power line and the power company was working on it.  It looked like several large sections of the city had no power.

There are a lot of trees down and tops broken out of trees around the city... and I went out before the worst of it arrived.

Talked to my parents who live in Jackson (central MS) and they got some really strong winds.  A section of our fence was blown down, but other than that they didn't get any damage to the house.

All classes were canceled after 12pm today and until 12:30 tomorrow so I have had nothing to do but stay inside and watch the news.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:06:31 PM EDT
[#8]
Dupe

www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384064

Just had to call in the dupe squad, a dog needed shooting.

The ariel photos look bad, hope the water receeds soon. I am west of Memphis and we are under a inland  tropical storm warning
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:07:03 PM EDT
[#9]
CNN just showed some highrise buildings and all of the windows are GONE!!!!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:09:30 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Dupe

The ariel photos look bad, hope the water receeds soon. I am west of Memphis and we are under a inland  tropical storm warning

And a thread needs tasing.

Whos the asshole
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:10:59 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Dupe

And a thread needs tasing.

Whos the asshole

WTF?? Asshole??
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:11:16 PM EDT
[#12]
The damage is more widespread than I was expecting.  How many Arfcommers are affected, anyone know?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:14:52 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
The damage is more widespread than I was expecting.  How many Arfcommers are affected, anyone know?

When they actually get footage of the worst areas I predict you ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm betting this one did a shitload of damage. Hope too many people didn't get killed. Anything Cat 3 or above is no joke - people die.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Haven't seen much word from Miss. members in the Hometowwn forum (understandable) I Have no idea which if any Mississippi members live on the coast.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:15:57 PM EDT
[#15]
Fema director said power restoration could take weeks to months.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:16:17 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

When they actually get footage of the worst areas I predict you ain't seen nothing yet.

I'm betting this one did a shitload of damage. Hope too many people didn't get killed. Anything Cat 3 or above is no joke - people die.

With the winds as strong as they are here, 250 miles from the coast... I can't imagine what it was like there.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:16:37 PM EDT
[#17]
We got a call at work today from the Coast Guard.  They were wanting to know how many freight containers we could sell them.  They were also intrested in reefers.  Any ideas on what they might use all those containers for?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:16:48 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:16:53 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

WTF?? Asshole??

It is a joke for gloftoe.......

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:18:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Search is your friend http://www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=384064
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top