Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/29/2005 9:07:00 AM EDT
According to the talking heads on t.v. refering to the stupid imbeciles' standing out in 120 mph winds to "get the truth to the public"

fuckin idiots.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:08:10 AM EDT
[#1]
Agreed. Just waiting for some large debris to take one out.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:08:20 AM EDT
[#2]
I was shouting dumbass at the tv a little while ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:09:41 AM EDT
[#3]
I still laugh like an idiot every time the reporter on the Family Guy gets hit by the debris.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:12:25 AM EDT
[#4]

"Our reporters are "so courageous entertaining informative stupid"

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:13:49 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

A monster storm caused by global warming and President Bush's failure to sign the Kyoto Accords, is suspected of directly causing the death of one of our courageous and intrepid reporters.

Yeah, I think I can imagine one of the talking heads blurting this out later tonight.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:14:24 AM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'd settle for multiple K5s with 150mph broomstraws.

And, BTW "the truth?" WTF? Is there a military/industrial/presidential conspiracy to prevent the public from learning the dirty secrets behind the hurricane?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Yeah, just like in the movie, Day after Tomorrow, WAP! by a piece of wind blown debris.

Just a bit of BS grand-standing by the talking heads news media, nothing more.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#8]
While I am interested in seeing footage of the storms, and so forth.  I have a hard time finding out what "truth" they are providing the public.  Is the weather a little known secret, maybe something attached to the "Star Wars"  missle defense system I know nothing about.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:20:18 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Did your wife take away the stress ball?
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:20:35 AM EDT
[#10]
Just saw one go tumbling in what looked like a parking garage area.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:22:16 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Did your wife take away the stress ball?

No, I got it back. But this time it was a dumbass reporter in a storm. I save my throws for politicans and talking heads.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:31:38 AM EDT
[#12]
I was just laughing at the CNN guy ducking behind  the  mailbox.  

"What's it like out there, John"

"Well, it's raining and the wind is blowing really hard"

DUh.  I have heard hurricanes are known for rain and wind.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:35:59 AM EDT
[#13]
Reporters are morons.  Bad hair and they're nosy as hell.  I'd never be one because quite frankly, I'd like to keep my soul.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:37:41 AM EDT
[#14]
the idiots aren't even wearing eye protection.  imagine a grain of sand hitting your eye at 120.. or something bigger.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:37:46 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
And, BTW "the truth?" WTF? Is there a military/industrial/presidential conspiracy to prevent the public from learning the dirty secrets behind the hurricane?

you didn't know that. Jeez, everybody and their mom knows it is a ploy by the Bush office to take our attention off of Iraq and to raise oil prices at the same time. The hurricane was belived to have been started by the simutanious flushings of all of the karans in Guantanimo Bay. It's no coincidence that this hurricane starts with a "K".
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:37:54 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I was just laughing at the CNN guy ducking behind  the  mailbox.  

"What's it like out there, John"

"Well, it's raining and the wind is blowing really hard"

DUh.  I have heard hurricanes are known for rain and wind.

Damn good thing they're out there, otherwise us unwashed masses would have no idea exactly what 100+ mph winds were like.  
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:39:14 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

you didn't know that. Jeez, everybody and their mom knows it is a ploy by the Bush office to take our attention off of Iraq and to raise oil prices at the same time. The hurricane was belived to have been started by the simutanious flushings of all of the karans in Guantanimo Bay. It's no coincidence that this hurricane starts with a "K".

Whooooaaaaa! I just realized that hurricanes ROtate!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:40:22 AM EDT
[#18]
So you guys don't think it takes courage to go out in a hurricane?  I don't generally like reporters either but I can't dispute the fact that it would take some big ass balls to go out in a storm like that.  

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:41:41 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
So you guys don't think it takes courage to go out in a hurricane?  I don't generally like reporters either but I can't dispute the fact that it would take some big ass balls to go out in a storm like that.  

There's a big differece between having balls and being a dumbass.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:42:26 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

It would take balls for me to go dodging traffic on the interstate too.  And it would be just as necessary too.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:43:44 AM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:

I think it takes inane stupidity.  Say you were going outside to retrieve your child or help someone or something along those lines, that's completely different.  They're standing outside in a hurricane just to get the story that we already know about.  What the hell's wrong with staying inside and commenting on the images coming trhough satellite?  You don't need to duck mailboxes and we still get the same story regardless of if someone is outside in the storm or inside in the studio.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:48:08 AM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:

There's a big differece between having balls and being a dumbass.

+1. The animating force behind pointless risk to life and limb is not something I'd call "courage." These dolts are only "courageous" and "ballsy" if people who test ballistic vests by wearing them while being shot, who test 440V circuits by touching exposed wires with wet fingertips, and who wear bloody chum suits while diving in shark-infested waters are  "courageous" and "ballsy." IMO, the lot of 'em, including people standing in a hurricane delivering the "truth," are dumbasses.

Now, a cop or fireman braving a hurricane to rescue a helpless person - I'd call that courageous.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:53:42 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Now, a cop or fireman braving a hurricane to rescue a helpless person - I'd call that courageous.

Of course.

A cop/fireman/Rescue/NG/etc. puts themselves in harms way intentionally because they have to. They'd probably be thrilled if every dumbass evac'd so they didn't have to go out.

Reporters don't have to be there, but go anyway which does two things
a)Rescue may have to go get them
b)People think "Well, the guys from CNN can ride it out so can I."
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:56:09 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
Reporters are morons.  Bad hair and they're nosy as hell.  I'd never be one because quite frankly, I'd like to keep my soul.

Nothing like a little gratituitous stereotyping.
I, and a lot of folks I respect, chose that career. I've stood in hurricane/gale force winds reporting from Mobile, Biloxi, Grand Isle,and New Orleans, numerous times. It was my job. I did it well and I
still have my soul.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:58:13 AM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I, and a lot of folks I respect, chose that career. I've stood in hurricane/gale force winds reporting from Mobile, Biloxi, Grand Isle,and New Orleans, numerous times. It was my job. I did it well and I still have my soul.

Sorry, didn't mean to stereotype.  Still something I'd never do.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:58:17 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:
I, and a lot of folks I respect, chose that career. I've stood in hurricane/gale force winds reporting from Mobile, Biloxi, Grand Isle,and New Orleans, numerous times. It was my job. I did it well and I
still have my soul.

TRUE THAT! Reporters get the same bad rap that lawyers do. And it's only because a small majority ruins it for everybody else.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 10:27:53 AM EDT
[#27]
No disrespect intended to reporters but, it's STILL stupid. I used to live in Houston and have been through a few hurricanes. I remember during Alicia in the 80's, I was in my sister's apartment looking out the window. I watched as a large doghouse flew through the air followed promptly by a metal parking garage roof and big ass trees. I then watched as a semi-tractor trailer rig ON IT'S SIDE was pushed down the street by the WIND.

The only time I have ever been out in bad weather like that has been in my role as a LEO. Why, because others don't have the same common sense or respect for nature. Even now, living in North dakota, I have to go out in blizzards because some dipshit HAS to go get a beer or a gallon of milk.

You could accomplish the reporting of the weather by filming it using remote cameras and commenting on the images. You could rig them up with temp, wind-speed, etc. You could even leave them in armored boxes so that when they got blown away you could have some action footage. Having a human being standing out in it just so they can "risk life and limb" is idiotic when it isn't needed. How credible are you when you announce that local authorities have warned a manditory evacuation and not to go outside and then go stand out in it for the visuals.

You sirs are placing the hope to have a Dan Rather like moment above your own personal safety AND the safety of others who look to you in that moment as an example... He was just as stupid to stand out in that crap but, at least he had a minor excuse that technology had not advanced sufficiently to allow him to do it from the protection of shelter.

Stop making excuses and have the common sense to come in from the rain.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:00:44 PM EDT
[#28]
That fucking Geraldo will no doubt be involved.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:06:43 PM EDT
[#29]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top