Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 9:39:48 PM EDT
I'm just wondering if they have enough guys to even begin to deal with this adaquetly or are they one of the state gaurds thats heavily forward deployed?

(Please no politics, I'm just curious as to how many full sets of boots LA is gonna have to drain New Orleans, and whether its enough)
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:43:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Whatever the amount is, it won't be enough.  That city is full of more thugs than a hairy dog has fleas!!!  And that's just the police!!!  Didn't New Orleans lead the naiton in murders a few years back??  Good Luck !!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:51:12 PM EDT
[#2]
With all the folks deployed overseas from that area, not many or should I say not enough.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:52:45 PM EDT
[#3]
My state governor has alerted the KY Guard to be prepared to go help as well. I expect many other states are doing the same. So if LA doesn't have enough of their own, they'll be able to get assistance from other states.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:54:13 PM EDT
[#4]
The Air Force Reserve and Navy Reserve units in AZ have been put on notice to go.

(I wasn't even aware AZ had Navy Reserve)
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:55:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Governor Rick Perry (R-TX) has called to active duty STATE GUARD units from Beaumont and Longview.  These are STATE GURADSMEN.  Their name tapes read TEXAS STATE GUARD.

Not a penny of federal funds here.  A gift from the State of Texas.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:57:21 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:58:25 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
Governor Rick Perry (R-TX) has called to active duty STATE GUARD units from Beaumont and Longview.  These are STATE GURADSMEN.  Their name tapes read TEXAS STATE GUARD.

I didn't know you had that. What's the story with them?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:59:26 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's Texas for ya!  

TEXAS INVADES NOLA UNDER COVER OF HURRICANE KATRINA
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:02:37 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's Texas for ya!  

TEXAS INVADES NOLA UNDER COVER OF HURRICANE KATRINA

As if we wanted it...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:05:30 PM EDT
[#10]
www.ar15.com/forums/topic.html?b=1&f=5&t=383784

Looks like the guard are right there in the dome with the rest of the population.

If they'll be enough?  Who knows, but in this country, every Federal, State, and County organization wants to help.  Most everyone I've ever met would want to help.

Oh, the national guards of many states will be there to help, and so will as many of a vast country as can and has the will.

If it is a great disaster, then it will be like any great disaster in this country.  There will be too many boots, but they'll be there, helping when they can.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:15:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Not to sound like a jerk, but everyone in the country will be helping out when the FEMA starts handing out checks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:24:58 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I didn't know you had that. What's the story with them?

These are the volunteer militias, organized.  Authorized by The Defense Act of 1941, HB 45.  

The units called to AD are the 8th and 19th Brigades, both Military Police units.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top