Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 4:15:59 PM EDT
I havn't got it yet. but its in at the gun store and im gonna pick it up friday. its a bushmaster xm15e2s A2 target model with a 20" barrel. as soon as i get it im gonna take personal pictures and post them here when possible. im soooooo exited. Ive been wanting one of these for 5 years now. And finally My wildest dream has come true!  :) :D [<]:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:36:10 PM EDT
[#1]
I have the Bushy XM15 A2 with the 20 incher. Its a kick ass shooter. It was my first AR that I bought, but I had shot quite a few. Plus the military takes care of that for you. I was extremely impressed with the accuracy. Havent had one problem with it unless you count the pos frankenmag that came with it. I sent it back to Bushmaster and in a week had a brand new 10 rounder. I use mainly Thermolds in mine and have never had a problem with em. Once you have one your going to want more and more and more.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:37:36 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
..finally My wildest dream has come true!  :) :D [<]:)]
View Quote

I'm glad I'm not the only one who's wildest dream is about firearms!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:41:03 PM EDT
[#3]
wildest dreams - i thought those were normal dreams. [:D]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:43:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Excellent choice for a first AR15 purchase.
Pick up a few USGI magazines and lots of ammo you'll be all set.
Enjoy!
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:51:13 PM EDT
[#5]
ive got a bushy carbine and i love it. it is my first AR. yeah, the 10 rounder i got with my rifle wouldnt feed. its a P.O.S. i dont even want a 10 rounder so i didnt worry about sending it back. ive got a thermold and i like it a lot. im gonna get some USGI's too.  
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 4:52:36 PM EDT
[#6]
I remember my first AR, a Bushmaster 16" carbine. I paid for it on layaway at a local gunstore (Target Masters in Columbia for those here in Missouri).

I would actually go by the shop everyonce about once a week and fondle it. How sick is that?

Anyway, congratulations on the new AR. With Bushmaster you won't be disapointed.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 6:45:17 PM EDT
[#7]
As you will soon find out,

1 is just not enough. [:D]

It will start with just a small itch.
And you already got that. [;)]

Have fun.
Del
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:01:25 PM EDT
[#8]
I've got this exact same gun...
I was losing faith in AR's, due to a few bad experiences with frankenguns....Until I bought my XM15E2S 20" Bushmaster...
This gun shoots FANTASTIC !!!
This is the gun I use to try and  convert my AK-47 buddies over to the AR-15...
So far, none have bought an AR yet, but they are now seriously considering it after shooting the 20" Bushmaster...

This is one gun you won't be sorry you bought...

Also, 3 things...

...DON'T use junk ammo
...DON'T use junk mags
...DO keep it clean

AND FOR GOD'S SAKE, DON'T SHOOT YOUR EYE OUT !!!

...(A Christmas story)[:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:28:45 PM EDT
[#9]
Congratulations & welcome!!!
Your Bushie will give you many years of enjoyment & hopefully this place will too[:D][:D][:D]

ColtShorty

GOA KABA COA JPFO SAF NRA

"I won't be wronged,  I won't be insulted
and I won't be laid a hand on. I don't do
these things to other people and I require
the same from them."
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:32:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Ahh I remember when it was my wildest dream, now that involves a bunch of paperwork and a tax stamp. [-!-]
I have the same setup, it is a good start. Unfortunatly far too soon you will be saying 'now I need a.' Nonetheless; congratulations and good shooting. [:)]
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 7:37:07 PM EDT
[#11]
That was my first AR as well.  You'll love it, and then you will want another, maybe a preban, then maybe a 24" bbl squirrel killling machine, and then magazines, many magazines!  and then there will be deals on ammo from south africa and you will buy as much as you can afford!  Oh, by the way hide your checkbook, or you'll use em all up!!!

[beer]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:00:45 AM EDT
[#12]
thanks guys. there has been a change of plans though. I was going to pick it up tomorrow but Ive found that ill be able to pick it up today. Ill have to pick it up after work though and by the time I get home itl be too late to shoot :( seeing as how the gunstore is in the next county (none around here :( ) but I have friday off for a little vacation. and Ive got 40 rds of ammo though im gonna pick up ALOT more whenb I buy the gun. so friday should be the best day of my life! :D
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:27:52 AM EDT
[#13]
[b]It's a sickness...[/b] [BD]

I currently have 5 AR's.  I've owned another 6 or 7 previously!

I would imagine that within the next couple years when my finances settle down, I'll end up getting another dozen or so, just because...

[b][*] While the AR is not my FAVORITE firearm, it is definately my favorite firearm![/b]  ~[i]Only a hardcore collector could translate this properly.[/i]
Link Posted: 7/19/2001 5:53:06 AM EDT
[#14]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top