Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 7:45:43 PM EDT
The AR board is a little slow lately..

So, what better time than now to ressurect a good ol' fashioned Pit Bull thread!

IMO - These dogs are a menace to the general public, as well as the families that own them.

OK, before all the Pit proponents come out of the woodwork, this is not about "the dog was never trained properly"  this is about a dog with breeding to fight to kill.

As far as I'm concerned, if a Pit attacks a child, the parents should be arrested.

For insance.. Thursday's news..

Pit Bull Attacks 2-Year-Old
Family Agrees To Euthanize Animal

POSTED: 5:03 pm PDT August 25, 2005

SAN DIEGO -- A 2-year-old girl was attacked by her family's pit bull at their Paradise Hills home Thursday, suffering facial injuries that left her hospitalized, authorities reported.

The dog attack occurred in the 2300 block Morningside Street about 9 a.m., according to San Diego police.

The toddler was taken to Children's Hospital, SDPD public information Officer Gary Hassen said. Her name and condition were not released.

Animal control personnel took custody of the canine and reportedly received the family's permission to euthanize the animal following a rabies exam and other tests.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:50:02 PM EDT
[#1]
That's right, BAN the evil dogs    (NOT the answer)

IBTL
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:56:02 PM EDT
[#2]
It is USUALLY the owners. They are banning pit-bulls in Ontairio now. It is the simpletones solution, a few attatcks (yes I don't like them, but read on maybe you''ll get what I'm thinking) BANNING a breed is like BANNING an AR, or handguns cause they are used for harmful reasons in a few instances. Automatically banning something, inanimate object or an animal based on a few events is flawed. You hardly hear of german sheppards, or collies or such doing harm, but IT DOES HAPPEN, it's not publicized as much though. I in no way have a pit bull, ever had or probably ever will, I've owned nothing but black labs and shepard mixes and collie muts all my life, but banning something as a solution based on a few cases seems the EXACT same mentality as the gun control the liberals push. Funny how I heard pitbull owners say , why our dogs and not something harmful like "HANDGUNS" and the guys who have guns and no pit-bulls or boxers or bull-terriers say "ban the dogs, not our guns." Outright banning and grandfathering and destruction of objects (animal or mechanical) isn't the answer. What next, any dog that can't fit in your lap?? Whatever happened to personal freedom, responsibility and liability??

Sorry for the rant, just my humble opinion and observation, YMMV.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:57:59 PM EDT
[#3]
Wekk I thought I could make it in before the haters, but this is a hating thread. Everyone has an opinion. MY APBT is well behaved, docile, well mannered, well trained. To each his own. Flame away, I like my APBT.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:00:41 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's a (possibly) dumb question, but what sort of legal consequences (if any) would I face by killing a dog that was attacking a loved one?

Granted, if a dog was attacking my daughter I'd kill first and ask questions later-but what kind of legal aftermath might I be facing afterward?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:00:53 PM EDT
[#5]
I grew up with our family pit bull, never had any problems. Well let me take that back, he was always hogging up my space on the blankie.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:01:43 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
It is USUALLY the owners. They are banning pit-bulls in Ontairio now. It is the simpletones solution, a few attatcks (yes I don't like them, but read on maybe you''ll get what I'm thinking) BANNING a breed is like BANNING an AR, or handguns cause they are used for harmful reasons in a few instances. Automatically banning something, inanimate object or an animal based on a few events is flawed. You hardly hear of german sheppards, or collies or such doing harm, but IT DOES HAPPEN, it's not publicized as much though. I in no way have a pit bull, ever had or probably ever will, I've owned nothing but black labs and shepard mixes and collie muts all my life, but banning something as a solution based on a few cases seems the EXACT same mentality as the gun control the liberals push. Funny how I heard pitbull owners say , why our dogs and not something harmful like "HANDGUNS" and the guys who have guns and no pit-bulls or boxers or bull-terriers say "ban the dogs, not our guns." Outright banning and grandfathering and destruction of objects (animal or mechanical) isn't the answer. What next, any dog that can't fit in your lap?? Whatever happened to personal freedom, responsibility and liability??

Sorry for the rant, just my humble opinion and observation, YMMV.

Seems to me that a gun is an inatimate object, that it will no do wrong (or right) on it's own initative.  A gun is simply a mechanical extension of the user.

A mean dog is not.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:06:08 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
That's right, BAN the evil dogs  

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=29397

IBTL

+10,000

BTW dog apologist here. I bet the dog was around before the kid (animals do get jealous, jealous enough to kill). Also most Pit owners are idiots to begin with.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:20:18 PM EDT
[#8]
Well, most murders with firearms in my city are comitted by African Americans (those not actually from Africa), so I say we should ban African Americans from owning firearms.  Same thing as your pit dilema.  On the other hand very few black Americans (consider themselves my equal as they should and don't want Gov't handouts) or true African Americans (those actually from Africa) commit murders using firearms.  

OTOH, why bring up a subject that you know has been beaten to death and people won't agree on?  I guess you just like stirring stuff up, so I added to it to give you something else to think about.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:23:48 PM EDT
[#9]
dogs are not inanimate objects that require a person manipulating them to do harm. it is illegal to keep lions, tigers, bears, wolves, etc as pets because they are wild animals that cannot be tamed and are dangerous to people. the same with pit bulls.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:25:41 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
The AR board is a little slow lately..

So, what better time than now to ressurect a good ol' fashioned Pit Bull thread!

If you would bother to look through GD you would see that there's already a strongly-running thread on this topic, if not 2 or 3 additional threads about dog breeds.

Are you tired of stirring up trouble in the AZ Hometown Forum? Decided to try in GD?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:26:06 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
dogs are not inanimate objects that require a person manipulating them to do harm. it is illegal to keep lions, tigers, bears, wolves, etc as pets because they are wild animals that cannot be tamed and are dangerous to people. the same with pit bulls.

That has to be one of the stupidest fucking things I have ever read on arfcom, even beats aquabumping.

Pat your self on the back.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:27:17 PM EDT
[#12]
And last time I check this thread by definition is trolling. And with that breaks COC and since now every thing is by the books this thread should be locked.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:28:44 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

Sorry but thats above ignorant. Most pit owners are jackasses plain and simple. Thats the problem.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:33:54 PM EDT
[#14]
One thing I hate, People who just spew idiot wind. Brother it boils down to the owners! You want to ban pits, lol I'll be watching you...  here is a few pics of my baby son with my killer blood lusting pit!! lol. U ARE AN ASSHAT. HKUSP_40http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/joshua72/Vitoandsadie2_0001.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/joshua72/000_0094.jpg

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b165/joshua72/ut_asshat_poster.jpg

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 8:34:52 PM EDT
[#15]
dont get them a pitbull get them one of these

Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top