Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 7:19:24 PM EDT
Isn't that pretty bad or something in the Native American Culture?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:21:07 PM EDT
[#1]
And happy pubic lice to you too, my friend.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:21:31 PM EDT
[#2]
read a book called thunderhead by douglas preston and lincoln child
not sure how accurate it is but a OK book
basiclly a cranked up witch doctor that likes to poison and gut people
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:22:29 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

It's about as bad as an Irishman wishing you to live in interesting times, an arab yelling dirka dirka, or your redneck inmate telling you that you've got a purty mouf.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:24:39 PM EDT
[#4]
Nice.   I never specified who I was wishing it upon.  Michael Moore, he's a member on here.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:25:24 PM EDT
[#5]
He is.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:25:43 PM EDT
[#6]

taint exactically neighborlike  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:40:27 PM EDT
[#7]
A Skin Walker is apart of the Navajo beliefs. As the story goes, they are real people who walk around day or night (but they prefer night), wearing a coyotes head as a mask. They are mischievious, evil people who have to power to tap into the spiritual world to cast spells, or turn ordinary people agianst each other. They also like to taunt their victims, playing with them by throwing rocks into bushes, making howling noises and stuff like that. Dont let them fool you, they will kill a person. They are one of the most feared creatures in the Navajo beliefs. This is what a SkinWalker would look like:
http://www.strangehorizons.com/2002/20021007/gallery/Skinlg.jpg

Another spirit to look out for is the chindi. This is the name for the angry, wandering souls that roam the earth. They arent neccasarily all evil, but rather confused "ghosts".
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:42:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Thought they were shapeshifters that could assume different forms or appearances  to fool unwary humans...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:46:15 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Thought they were shapeshifters that could assume different forms or appearances  to fool unwary humans...

Yup. They're the origin for the North American version of werewolf folk-lore.

Japan has similar legends, but don't mistake them for jin-roh.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:48:37 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

As Swindle said, they are shapeshifters as well.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:35:35 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

(I know, it's not the same)

But its full therianthropy symbols.

Why not?  They are both man/animal creatures.  Though maybe they have different purposes.

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:44:22 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

somebody wish this upon you????
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 8:47:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Skin Walker.  Texas Skin Ranger.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 9:08:31 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

www.bde.enseeiht.fr/clubs/japanim/galerie/galeries/affiches/images/jinroh.jpg

(I know, it's not the same)

But its full therianthropy symbols.

Why not?  They are both man/animal creatures.  Though maybe they have different purposes.

I KNEW somebody was going to post this!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:07:11 PM EDT
[#15]
A friend of mine claims to have known one many years ago. He is a medicine man himself and a bit strange by modern standards. He would have been right at home 200 years ago.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#16]

Show me one and I'll kiss its ass.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:12:35 PM EDT
[#17]
no stranger than any other religious belief

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:21:48 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
A Skin Walker is apart of the Navajo beliefs. As the story goes, they are real people who walk around day or night (but they prefer night), wearing a coyotes head as a mask. They are mischievious, evil people who have to power to tap into the spiritual world to cast spells, or turn ordinary people agianst each other. They also like to taunt their victims, playing with them by throwing rocks into bushes, making howling noises and stuff like that. Dont let them fool you, they will kill a person. They are one of the most feared creatures in the Navajo beliefs. This is what a SkinWalker would look like:
www.strangehorizons.com/2002/20021007/gallery/Skinlg.jpg

Another spirit to look out for is the chindi. This is the name for the angry, wandering souls that roam the earth. They arent neccasarily all evil, but rather confused "ghosts".

And this is what he looks like with 8 rounds of .45acp

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:24:29 PM EDT
[#19]
got a flyer there....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:53:50 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
got a flyer there....

High stress moment. Shit happens, taint perfect.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:15:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Skin Walker is basically an Indian witch, from what I understand.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:23:04 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Quoted:
got a flyer there....

High stress moment. Shit happens, taint perfect.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:07:57 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:
www.strangehorizons.com/2002/20021007/gallery/Skinlg.jpg

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/Rescue35/shootSkinlg.jpg

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 3:16:30 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
A friend of mine claims to have known one many years ago. He is a medicine man himself and a bit strange by modern standards. He would have been right at home 200 years ago.

A medicine man and a skin walker are two different ppl in the navajo beliefs. As a matter of fact, a medicine man combats against the skinwalkers. A "White wizzard" if you will.

Quoted:

i6.photobucket.com/albums/y243/Rescue35/shootSkinlg.jpg

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:31:41 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Wait a second... Are you a real Iroquois?
Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:33:12 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

It's about as bad as an Irishman wishing you to live in interesting times, an arab yelling dirka dirka, or your redneck inmate telling you that you've got a purty mouf.

moUf....you said moUf....i say that all the time.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top