Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/28/2005 5:44:47 PM EDT
You str8 guys just are NOT "on the ball" (so to speak)
I waited OVER 3 DAYS, and with ALL the "gay" topics ya'll post, and you IGNORE this one? WTF???

Falwell: Basic rights for all homosexuals

Ron Brown
[email protected]
August 26, 2005

The Rev. Jerry Falwell said Thursday he supports basic civil rights for homosexuals, including equal opportunities to serve as public school teachers.

“I have always believed that all Americans should have basic human rights,” Falwell said. “I’ve made it clear that I don’t consider the right to fair housing or employment a conservative or liberal value. Those are American values.
(emphasis MINE)

More
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:54:53 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:55:02 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:55:57 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
God looks at him and just shakes His head in dismay.

Wow, when do I get to speak on behalf of God?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
"Right to fair housing or employment"?
Sorry, Kacer, but those aren't a right.

Well not for white, straight men. No..... No it's not. Not if you are black, brown, yellow, purple or blue its a right.

Same with education whites come last since they where all born with the silver spoon.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:07:28 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:09:14 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Well not for white, straight men. No..... No it's not. Not if you are black, brown, yellow, purple or blue its a right.

Same with education whites come last since they where all born with the silver spoon.

That doesn't make sense.

Never mind mubble jumble rant.

Just saying if born white and if you arent gay you are pretty much seen as some one who gets to have to much and doesnt deserve a damn thing. While the rest of society is being held down by whites.

you blue eyed devil
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:09:50 PM EDT
[#8]
I go out of my way to avoid reading anything about that asshat, even if he sometimes says something good
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:10:07 PM EDT
[#9]
Cry me a river!  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:12:59 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That doesn't make sense.

Never mind mubble jumble rant.

Just saying if born white and if you arent gay you are pretty much seen as some one who gets to have to much and doesnt deserve a damn thing. While the rest of society is being held down by whites.

you blue eyed devil

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:14:40 PM EDT
[#11]
Now where did I put that popcorn?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:20:53 PM EDT
[#12]
We have a lesbian member?????

This thread is worthless without pictures!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:23:05 PM EDT
[#13]
God hates fags....................
But he thinks lesbians are the shit!!!

I saw that on a T-shirt!

Balming
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:27:35 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Actually we have two......not counting BK1
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:30:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Lets not treat the mental disorder, lets just let them run free amung the rest of us and our kids.  There are assylums for a reason.  Why is it when someone is mentaly insane they get sent to a place where they can be studied and treated, but someone who is perversly insane is allowed to roam free?  I believe that homosexuality is a mental dissorder or retardation and needs to be studied so that treatment can be understood and administered.  Only then can there be a cure for this mental disease.  Being gay doesn't make you a bad person, it's not your fault.  Trying to fight for these so called "Rights" only keeps you from getting well.  Just like how Minorities are used by hate groups formed by Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton to promote their leftist policies, Homosexuals are being used the same way.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:30:31 PM EDT
[#16]
Hell, truth be known, I'm  a lesbian too!  Women only for me please!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:33:45 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Oh fine.....everybody wants to be a lesbian now
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:42:17 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even you want to be a lesbian!

My sister wants to be a thespian.....

Is that kinda the same thing?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:53:22 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:00:57 PM EDT
[#21]
It's sad that people have no other identity than that they are gay. Pathetic really.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:02:49 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
It's sad that people have no other identity than that they are gay. Pathetic really.

+1 I don't wanna know about it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:05:49 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Even you want to be a lesbian!

Technically I'm a Hasbian
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:08:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Sooooooooo, everyone is just gonna pile on the ARFCOM lesbian?  WTF? She likes guns ya know
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:10:28 PM EDT
[#25]
this thread is teh ghey
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:15:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Tag IBTL...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:16:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Sooooooooo, everyone is just gonna pile on the ARFCOM lesbian?  WTF? She likes guns ya know

I met her and SS at Bulletfest. I have no problem with either of them.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:16:26 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

That makes her a gunowner and I'm cool with that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:18:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Actually we have two......not counting BK1

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:19:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:22:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Equal rights for all.  Special rights for none.  

I don't have a problem with that.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:28:23 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

The proper expression is "I'm a lesbian trapped inside a man's body."

Kacer,

Do you think Falwell is trying to tell us something?  I have to admit that I would find it rather amusing if he were to stumble out of the closet.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:31:46 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:

Now if I could just get the rest of the LGBT to see that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:36:24 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a friggin' second here. I swear to whichever almighty deity you pray to, I thought StonerStudent was a dude.

BTW, [THREAD HIJACK] StonerStudent, what's up with that part for my Emerson Karambit!?[/THREAD HIJACK]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:39:42 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Wait a friggin' second here. I swear to whichever almighty deity you pray to, I thought StonerStudent was a dude.

BTW, [THREAD HIJACK] StonerStudent, what's up with that part for my Emerson Karambit!?[/THREAD HIJACK]

Easy Lapp_Dance........no sex change here [of course Kacer may cut something off me after screwing up her thread]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:37:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Quoted:

MEEEEE! I'm one tooo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:40:23 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

I have other identities, I usually don't make a big deal about the lesbo thing. I actually seem to get on most gay peoples nerves, not politcally correct enough or something, hell who knows.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:47:08 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:

Some choose to make it their sole identity.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:49:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I'm with Stealth on this one

WTF is LGBT?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 10:51:18 PM EDT
[#41]

Quoted:

WTF is LGBT?

Lesbian Gay Bisexual Transgendered

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:15:41 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:

Ironically the vast majority of the gay topics are started by the "non-gay".
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 11:54:16 PM EDT
[#43]

Falwell said. “I’ve made it clear that I don’t consider the right to fair housing or employment a conservative or liberal value. Those are American SOVIETvalues.”

Fixed it Comrade Falwell
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 3:53:58 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:04:01 AM EDT
[#45]
sounds like the REV may be planning to make a big announcement  soon!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:07:19 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
You str8 guys just are NOT "on the ball" (so to speak)
I waited OVER 3 DAYS, and with ALL the "gay" topics ya'll post, and you IGNORE this one? WTF???

Falwell: Basic rights for all homosexuals

Ron Brown
[email protected]
August 26, 2005

The Rev. Jerry Falwell said Thursday he supports basic civil rights for homosexuals, including equal opportunities to serve as public school teachers.

“I have always believed that all Americans should have basic human rights,” Falwell said. “I’ve made it clear that I don’t consider the right to fair housing or employment a conservative or liberal value. Those are American values.
(emphasis MINE)

More

I believe you will find that Christians like myself have never proposed that homosexuals be treated as second class citizens. I am opposed to the idea of gay marriage for several reasons, but I have never argued that the bill of rights doesn't apply to those who choose homosexuality. Gay folks have as much ownership of the BOR as I do.

The problem is that the media has portrayed folks who believe as I do like we want to lock gay people in cages or some similarly stupid thing.

It never has been, nor ever will be true.

Homosexuals are people. As such, they have rights just like mine. They have the right to free speech. To free association. To sit on juries. To own property. To vote. The same rights I posess. No sane person has ever argued to the contrary....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:11:56 AM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
sounds like the REV may be planning to make a big announcement  soon!

Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:16:58 AM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:
Kacer,

Do you think Falwell is trying to tell us something?  I have to admit that I would find it rather amusing if he were to stumble out of the closet.

Does anyone here have solid evidence that Fallwell ever said that homosexuals should not be allowed basic civil rights like the rest of us? Does someone have evidence where he has stated in no uncertain terms that the Constitution doesn't apply to gay people? That they don't have the rights to life, liberty, and property like everyone else?

If so, I would like to hear them.

Otherwise, this really isn't a reversal in ideas by the Rev. at all, and frankly isn't news.

Few people who are not Christians themselves know what Christians actually think and believe about the topic. All they know is the lies fed to them by the media and the uber-leftist organizations who advance their own personal power by trying to make people more afraid of Christians than of the social agenda they want to push....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:29:30 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Nobody has a perspective on what equal rights even is anymore, because somebody or somebodies has invented a whole bunch of new rights and are trying to discard the old boring ones.
Just go to DU outside of the Gun Dungeon, where everybody has the right to free medical care, but only the NG has the RKBA.

Not to forgo Kacer's thread but this is an interesting point.

The entire "everyone's equal" mentality is what's wrong.  Everyone isn't equal.  The fact is that in order for everyone to be equal people must be "taxed" if you will to compensate for those who are their lessor.  In college I read a story [I think it was called "Eldon Bergeron" but I won't swear to it ] that was about a family who was the smartest and best looking.  In order to be equal in society the father had to wear thick eye classes and a goofy clown nose and a loud ring would sound off in his ear on occassion to disrupt his thought.  Similar things were placed on the other members of his family and the story was about how with these 'limitations' how they interacted in this "equal" society.  Great book.  

Patty
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:35:55 AM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
The entire "everyone's equal" mentality is what's wrong.  Everyone isn't equal.  The fact is that in order for everyone to be equal people must be "taxed" if you will to compensate for those who are their lessor.  In college I read a story [I think it was called "Eldon Bergeron" but I won't swear to it ] that was about a family who was the smartest and best looking.  In order to be equal in society the father had to wear thick eye classes and a goofy clown nose and a loud ring would sound off in his ear on occassion to disrupt his thought.  Similar things were placed on the other members of his family and the story was about how with these 'limitations' how they interacted in this "equal" society.  Great book.  

Patty

I remember the story. I think Orwell wrote it.

Those that were smarter than others had to have an implant where loud noises happened every so often to keep them from being smarter. Those that were better looking had to wear hideous masks.

In the story two ballet dancers were performing, each burdened by hideous masks and heavy weights strapped to them so as not to be more graceful than anyone else. After a bit, they both shed themselves of their burdens and danced beautifully for a couple of moments, and were then gunned down by the equality police.

Equality is an over-rated concept.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top