User Panel

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:57:50 PM EDT
[#1]
I love seeing that stuff! Great clip.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:01:34 PM EDT
[#2]
I didn't check the link....

But, if it's a Blackhawk?

I'm not impressd.  You can mount all kinda crazy stuff on the side of a blackhawk.

Wait until it gets in combat.

Utility choppers don't impress me....Not denying the damage they can do unopposed.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:01:35 PM EDT
[#3]
LOVE that sound!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:03:26 PM EDT
[#4]
I refuse to even vist that FU web site.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:08:06 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

lol...the video isnt even graphic.

Even if it was, you cannot run away or deny the bad side of humanity. You must acnolage it first, to condone it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:11:03 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I'm not impressd.  You can mount all kinda crazy stuff on the side of a blackhawk.

Utility choppers don't impress me....Not denying the damage they can do unopposed.

You didn't look at it, and you're not impressed. Well, at least your forming your opinion having seen all the data.

I bet the hadjis on the ground were impressed. I bet the troops who called for the support were impressed too.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:15:28 PM EDT
[#7]
wont play for me.  even though it has the .wmv tag at the end my WMP calls it a unsupported file type
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:18:24 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You didn't look at it, and you're not impressed. Well, at least your forming your opinion having seen all the data.

I bet the hadjis on the ground were impressed. I bet the troops who called for the support were impressed too.

Man,

Ok.  CAN a Blackhawk bring down hell on earth?

Yeah..I already know that. Rockets, Miniguns...Hell yeah!

BUT

There's nothing a Blackhawk can do that an Apache can't do better.

Other than land troops.

There's a reason you don't see Blackhawks doing deep attack missions.

NM.  You're impressed.  Best to keep it that way.

I guess the video probably rocked...Good for our guys.  Glad we were on the giving end!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:24:39 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Man,

BUT

Other than land troops.

The hell you say. Than you for pointing out an attack helo is better at attack. We wouldn't have known that without you here.

I'm sure in your little world that was meant as an insult.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:28:32 PM EDT
[#10]
What was that?  Minigun or chain gun?  Sounds terrifying.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:31:45 PM EDT
[#11]
good Lord in heaven.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:36:24 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man,

BUT

Other than land troops.

The hell you say. Than you for pointing out an attack helo is better at attack. We wouldn't have known that without you here.

Brother, You take it as you want to take it.   I meant it as niether one, nor the other.

If you are impressed by a cargo chopper with guns on it...Super.

If you aren't.  That's super too.

My problem is the continuing "Utility" moves of the military.

I watched our Cobra pilots go from gunslinging SOBs to...Uh...Scout/gunship pilots.

I watched out scout pilots go from seat-of thier-pants hellrasiers to.... uh..Scout/gunship pilots.

This was in 1-7 Cav..95-about 97.

All you have to do is watch "Blackhawk Down" if you want to depend on Utlity choppers as your support.  I love utility choppers, and, I love what they can do, but, I won't just whoop and holler for them and one victory.

Celebrating mounting guns on the sides of utility choppers is a recepie for disaster IMO.

I Probably have delved too far into my personal agenda, and, I won't piss on this thread any more than I have.

I'm sorry to those I offended.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:37:56 PM EDT
[#13]
Looks great as long as nobody is shooting back.  How would it handle a couple stingers in return? Survivability counts. Weapons on a transport helo does not make it an attack helo.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man,

BUT

Other than land troops.

Brother, You take it as you want to take it.   I meant it as niether one, nor the other.

I watched our Cobra pilots go from gunslinging SOBs to...Uh...Scout/gunship pilots.

I watched out scout pilots go from seat-of thier-pants hellrasiers to.... uh..Scout/gunship pilots.

All you have to do is watch "Blackhawk Down" if you want to depend on Utlity choppers as your support.  I love utility choppers, and, I love what they can do, but, I won't just whoop and holler for them and one victory.

Celebrating mounting guns on the sides of utility choppers is a recepie for disaster IMO.

I Probably have delved too far into my personal agenda, and, I won't piss on this thread any more than I have.

You have been out of the loop too long.  If the crazy shit the Kiowa pilots do in Iraq isn't 'seat of the pants hell rasin' then there isn't any such thing..

And the US Navy Seahawks are armed now. About 15 years too late, but better than nothing.

I cant get this video to play, are you sure its a ARMY Blackhawk and not a SH-60R or one of the HH-60H's from the Navy HAL squadrons?

The problem with the Blackhawks in Mog wasnt that they were cargo choppers, its that all they had were door guns and small arms.  If they had rockets and proper ahead-firing weapons, so they could make firing passes instead of having to hover or circle slowly they would have been a lot harder to hit.

Also a lot of the reason why more and more of the helicopters you see in Iraq and Afganistan now sport .50 cals in the doors instead of miniguns, they can stay above RPG range and still shoot back effectively with a .50 cal Browning
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:41:16 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, wasn't this a snotty little thread.

MD71, thanks for the vid just the same.

FB
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:45:35 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Man,

BUT

Other than land troops.

You have been out of the loop too long.  If the crazy shit the Kiowa pilots do isn't 'seat of the pants hell rasin' then there isn't any such thing..

And the US Navy Seahawks are armed now. About 15 years too late, but better than nothing.

I cant get this video to play, are you sure its a ARMY Blackhawk and not a SH-60R or one of the HH-60H's from the Navy HAL squadrons?

I didn't watch the video, and, I stated that to begin with.

What I mentioned with the Scouts and, Gunships happened when the Army turned in it's Cobras and, Kiowas for Kiowa Warriors.

Both of our Air troops got Neuterd...

Oh, yeah..We got female pilots too.

I can't speak for any of the other high speed stuff you mentioned...Only what I saw personally.

Cargo choppers with crap on the sides dont' impress me.

Sorry if I make people mad saying it.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:50:01 PM EDT
[#17]

What I mentioned with the Scouts and, Gunships happened when the Army turned in it's Cobras and, Kiowas for Kiowa Warriors.

If you beleve that you are a fool...
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:57:30 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:

If you beleve that you are a fool...

Ok.  I wasn't there and, I didn't see it.

Whatever man.

Want me to post an obstical report when out "new"
pilots were hovering over an obstical while the A Troop morters were ready to fire
smoke time now?

Ok..No..Never mind.  I didn't see a degradation in quality becasue I wasn't there,
so, I don't know.  My bad.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:01:36 PM EDT
[#19]

I can't speak for any of the other high speed stuff you mentioned...Only what I saw personally.

And attack helicopters are just helicopters with crap on the side, some of them flown quite well by female pilots.  Some of the special-purpose H-60's kick ass and can carry dudes to save your butt besides.  I'd be willing to bet you might change your mind if one was after you, though.  
Matthew
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:05:08 PM EDT
[#20]
I wouldnt get comfortable thinking our blackhawk is a god weapon.

If the Iraqi's had half assed anti aircraft weapons im sure they could negate the helicopter.  Like shoulder fired missiles.  Probably all they had was those gun explacements you seen the first few days of the invasion.  THose are probably easier to take out then little jihaders running around with shoulder fired missiles.

Else I cant see how the blackhawk could survive flying around like that.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:10:40 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:15:32 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

And attack helicopters are just helicopters with crap on the side, some of them flown quite well by female pilots.  Some of the special-purpose H-60's kick ass and can carry dudes to save your butt besides.  I'd be willing to bet you might change your mind if one was after you, though.  
Matthew

Oh good.

The peanut gallery.

You said that denegrating stuff about attack helos, not me..

I hope all incoming takes that under advisment.

Brother, you didn't walk in my shoes, and, I didn't walk in yours.

I won't tell you happened when you served, don't tell me what happened when I served.

I LOVE Blackhawks..BTW..You can't seem to fathom that.

I DOUBLE GAZZILLION love Blackhawks, and, all their sexy varients make me
all gushy inside.  

Seriously, they rock...But, you can't just slap a gun on the side of a cargo bird and call it a gunship.  AFAIC, if a Blackhawk is my cover, there is a serious flaw in the plan.

It's akin to calling a Bradley a "tank" 'casue it's got treads and a turret.

(Btw...If you want to refute that THAT happened with the Infantry mafia, feel free.  It did.)

Females in the military is a thread I'll leave to other threads, and, not piss on this one any more with.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:29:02 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

I don't think the intent of the original post was to say "Hey everyone, I'm a helicopter nerd, and my *favorite* hellicopter is the Blackhawk, it rules over ALL others! It's the best! Do you think it's the best? Discuss." He just posted a vid of stuff getting blown up... Man, lighten up!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:33:25 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I don't think the intent of the original post was to say "Hey everyone, I'm a helicopter nerd, and my *favorite* hellicopter is the Blackhawk, it rules over ALL others! It's the best! Do you think it's the best? Discuss." He just posted a vid of stuff getting blown up... Man, lighten up!

Yeah.  I screwed up.  I'm a kneejerk over the helo thing.

I'm a helo-nerd to a degree...blah blah..lol..

I'm seriously sorry for pissing on the thread.  I should start my own.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:37:47 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
What was that?  Minigun or chain gun?  Sounds terrifying.

When you're on the muzzle end of the gun, either one is terrifying.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:55:40 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

lol...the video isnt even graphic.

Even if it was, you cannot run away or deny the bad side of humanity. You must acnolage it first, to condone it.

Displays of graphic carnage don't bother me much. I've seen my share first hand. It's what that site
represents that bothers me.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 6:35:37 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Spot on.  It could of been video of a hot air balloon attached with a mini-gun and rocket launchers, wouldn't have mattered to me... just liked the visual and auditory destruction!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top