Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 3:18:58 PM EDT
I haven't been able to figure this out reading the forums. So I gotta ask: What is a Zombie?

I'm way out on a farm, very rural, way way out of the loop, and with limited info updates.

How would I identify a Zombie?

Do I need to prepare for Zombies, or are they just a city thing?

If I need to prepare, how should I?

Clue this ol' farm boy in please!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:22:12 PM EDT
[#1]
Watch the training films and learn young padawan.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:22:20 PM EDT
[#2]
The proliferation of zombie type movies in the last few years have caused this message board to dabble with zombie eradication theory.  Kill them anyway that you like.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:22:38 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:23:46 PM EDT
[#4]
since you are out in the country you are probably familiar with the Type-M zombie...they can usually be identified by thier odor, visibly bad teeth and dirty finger nails. They are also refered to as "meth heads", and should be avoided at all costs. If you cannot avoid one and are about to be or are being attacked you should shoot the offender in the head in hopes of de-capitation. I recommend using a .45 ACP for this procedure.

Good luck to you
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:30:05 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

50cal, what films, and what in the name of tarnation is "young padawan"? Are you funning me?
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:34:14 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

50cal, what films, and what in the name of tarnation is "young padawan"? Are you funning me?

Some of the more popular zombie training films are Night of the living dead, and Dawn of the Dead. There are several others, but those are the most popular educational.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:34:59 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:
since you are out in the country you are probably familiar with the Type-M zombie...they can usually be identified by thier odor, visibly bad teeth and dirty finger nails. They are also refered to as "meth heads", and should be avoided at all costs. If you cannot avoid one and are about to be or are being attacked you should shoot the offender in the head in hopes of de-capitation. I recommend using a .45 ACP for this procedure.

Good luck to you

gaspain,

Are you for real? They are dope fiends? I've heard of meth-heads. And they are Zombies? I got me a .45 acp, some ARs, some '03s, a couple Carbines, bunches of 12 ga., and a slew of other stuff, will all of these work on Zombies? Oh yeah, one other thing: Is "Zombie" always capitalized? I like to be proper and polite as I can. Thanks.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:38:57 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

by "films", he means the sacred scriptures upon which all of Arfcomanity bases its most essential theology.

padawan == apprentice from Star Wars (a fictional movie, has nothing to do with zombies).
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:40:43 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Night of the Living Dead, both versions. Dawn of the Dead, both versions. Day of the Dead.

"young padawan" Jedi in training.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:44:26 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck to you

gaspain,

Are you for real? They are dope fiends? I've heard of meth-heads. And they are Zombies? I got me a .45 acp, some ARs, some '03s, a couple Carbines, bunches of 12 ga., and a slew of other stuff, will all of these work on Zombies? Oh yeah, one other thing: Is "Zombie" always capitalized? I like to be proper and polite as I can. Thanks.

well, capitalization is a matter of respect. I guess you should respect the Zombies otherwise you might get complaciant and accidentally get your head ripped off.

As far as the "dope fiends" as you call them...I fear that you may already be under their close observation. They usually lurk nearby, behind doors or next too windows waiting for you to come nearby- then they will strike. DONT MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVEMENTS....covertly pick something up to slash them with before you go around your house looking for them. You better be observant otherwise they could suprise you and bite you, then..well I will pray for your soul because you will become one of them.

God speed
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:47:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:49:25 PM EDT
[#12]
You may also want to include "28 days later" and "resident evil 1 & 2"
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:49:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:50:00 PM EDT
[#14]
You've probably seen them when you took your occasional trips into the big city.  they're the slow moving things most people refer to as "homeless people".  They are so slow, they usually just eat rats when the rat comes up to them to take a bite---then they grab it.  They arent really that big of a problem because of their speed.  I saw one once in New York city and it went after 2 or 3 people.  They just waived it off and kept walking in a hurry like nothing happened.  But thats a big city and people are always in a rush.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:50:45 PM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:50:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Go to www.raptorman.us and read the journal.  It has valuable information for surviving early zombie infestation.   The later journals were taken down but a search of www.archive.org will find them if you're a patient researcher

Take your time, your life depends on this vital information.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:01:38 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Good luck to you

gaspain,

well, capitalization is a matter of respect. I guess you should respect the Zombies otherwise you might get complaciant and accidentally get your head ripped off.

As far as the "dope fiends" as you call them...I fear that you may already be under their close observation. They usually lurk nearby, behind doors or next too windows waiting for you to come nearby- then they will strike. DONT MAKE ANY SUDDEN MOVEMENTS....covertly pick something up to slash them with before you go around your house looking for them. You better be observant otherwise they could suprise you and bite you, then..well I will pray for your soul because you will become one of them.

God speed

Jumping Jodphers! I'm taking my trusty 1911 and M4 out right now (with plenty of ammo) and checking all my outbuildings for them zombies! Note: I lost my respect for them and they ain't gettin' no more big letter "Z" from me no more!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:01:39 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:06:49 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Hey, l-r-t!

You know me, you've been here, you've seen my place. Right? Do you think I need to worry about zombies way out here? What do you think? You being a Marine and all, should I patrol the perimeter? Should I string wire? Sandbag this whole farm? Set up some night ambushes? What do you think?

Your pal, RV
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:08:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:09:13 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
Go to www.raptorman.us and read the journal.  It has valuable information for surviving early zombie infestation.   The later journals were taken down but a search of www.archive.org will find them if you're a patient researcher

Take your time, your life depends on this vital information.  

I read all that a year ago, but it stopped.  Did the guy ever finish them

TXL
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:23:17 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:

Oh, those county boys!

Don't worry TRV, we'll fill you in at the next shoot.

Dang me! And I just been walkin' around out here like nobody's business thinking I'm just a reg'lar guy with nothin' to worry about, and you boys didn't clue me in about them zombies! Now I'm all shaky in the knees and my trigger finger is itchy and I ain't got no night vision!!!

How come they didn't try to snatch you when you were here V-g? Maybe they didn't want to alert me to their presence? Man I wish I had some tracers!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:28:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:36:20 PM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:
You may also want to include "28 days later" and "resident evil 1 & 2"

Yet another training film, "Hide And Creep" should be on the list also.  Low budget "B" movie at best but worth checking out.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:40:12 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:
I haven't been able to figure this out reading the forums. So I gotta ask: What is a Zombie?

I'm way out on a farm, very rural, way way out of the loop, and with limited info updates.

How would I identify a Zombie?

Do I need to prepare for Zombies, or are they just a city thing?

If I need to prepare, how should I?

Clue this ol' farm boy in please!

This movie clip titled: "Greatest movie line ever" explains exactly what a Zombie is:

www.blogtelevision.net/p/Watch-Video-___1,2,,53864.html
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:44:56 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:27:54 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, l-r-t!

You know me, you've been here, you've seen my place. Right? Do you think I need to worry about zombies way out here? What do you think? You being a Marine and all, should I patrol the perimeter? Should I string wire? Sandbag this whole farm? Set up some night ambushes? What do you think?

Your pal, RV

Howdy Brother

Dang toot’ in you need to provide a secure area away from those dang Zombies out your way, those country Zombies are crafty and well versed in stalking yah.

First of all, yah set up some kind of perimeter to secure yer house.

Next get yah some of them thar Claymore mines and hang them from trees about yay high.

Then open up a bottle of fine creek water and prepare fer the fellers.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:48:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Just be careful of a TWITCHER....shoot them a second time  because they can still bite....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 4:55:13 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hey, l-r-t!

Your pal, RV

Howdy Brother

Dang toot’ in you need to provide a secure area away from those dang Zombies out your way, those country Zombies are crafty and well versed in stalking yah.

First of all, yah set up some kind of perimeter to secure yer house.

Next get yah some of them thar Claymore mines and hang them from trees about yay high.

Then open up a bottle of fine creek water and prepare fer the fellers.

Aye, aye! I'll report back after I've De-Z'ed this place. Who can provide air support, if needed?

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:16:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Air Support??????

Nothing but the best.

Link Posted: 8/30/2005 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#31]
OK.....where to start...

Movies...ahh I mean training films for the Zombie concerned;
1. Night of the Living Dead (1967)
2. Night of the Living Dead (1990 remake....it really is very, very good.)
3. Dawn of the Dead (1978)
4. Day of the Dead (1986) - Not the finest entry, but worth the watch.
5. Zombie (1979) - Italian entry.

I could go on and on.....in fact my Zombie/Living Dead DVD/VHS collection is quite lengthy!

Let me put it this way....I just got back from a 4 day weekend where I convinced my wife (with our kids!) to travel to Pittsburgh, more exactly Monroeville, to visit the mall used in Dawn of the Dead production back in 1976!!  I am such a Zombie-phile it is scary...ask my wife!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top