Site Notices
Posted: 8/28/2005 3:01:45 PM EDT

Might be my next  ride......
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:02:18 PM EDT
[#1]
Amish buggys rule.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:03:15 PM EDT
[#2]
We all may be driving those, if things keep going the way they are........................giddy up bessy!!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:03:41 PM EDT
[#3]
too cool. I bet he drove through there laughing at people taking out small loans to fill up the SUV
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:04:07 PM EDT
[#4]
Yep they prob laugh at us  every day when they pass those  pumps
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:08:45 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
Amish buggys rule.

You obviously don't have several dozen of them on your road every Sunday.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:04:59 PM EDT
[#6]
I can tell you from personal experience..there is nothing funny about Amish buggies. They are extremely dangerous considering the rate of speed most people are traveling now a days. The horses sometimes do not have shit collection hooked up so it lands on the road.

High speed sports cars, horse shit and winding roads do not make for an enjoyable afternoon. The total for my negligence (I forgot that not all Amish were courteous enough to pick up their horse shit) was over $7k. I lost control of my car and slid into a ditch where it grabbed the right front tire and drug the entire right side of the car.
When you look back on the road you can see exactly where my tire hit the apex of the corner and also the 8-10ft swath of horse shit. The police officer did not issue a ticket but he did take note of the horse shit at the exact point of my losing control.

Amish should have to pay CAR/BUGGY INSURANCE - or clean up after themselves.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top