Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/28/2005 9:21:16 AM EDT
I got this question and I'm stumped on what its even asking...Please explain.

Under Terry v. Ohio, identify the Constitutional issues supporting an investigatory stop.

Thanks
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:27:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Whew.......... That exceeds even my intellectual abilities..............
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:27:56 AM EDT
[#2]
Illegal search and seizure?

A "investigatory stop" could be taken as a illegal search. Fishing for info. looking for warrants with no real reason to stop the person/people.

That is my take anyway.

4th:

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

A "investigatory stop" could be taken as a illegal search. Fishing for info. looking for warrants with no real reason to stop the person/people.

That is my take anyway.

no, they want the issues that "support" the illegal stop....therefore you must read into the "living document" and distort the original meaning and intent of the Constitution....  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:30:58 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
Whew.......... That exceeds even my intellectual abilities..............

yes, you must not have a "logical mind" but one with "emotion and feeling"....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 9:32:39 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

That is my take anyway.

no, they want the issues that "support" the illegal stop....therefore you must read into the "living document" and distort the original meaning and intent of the Constitution....  

Oh damn, I just reread your 1st post. That is messed up.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top