Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 11:59:30 PM EDT
A few hours ago, I went into the laundry room and found a huge ass web between the window and table.  In it was some dead insects including a wolf spider, and a fucking black widow who died via a lighter held under it.  Now I am afraid of infestation.

If I were to be bit by one of these fuckers, would I feel it?  I mean. I have been bitten by harmless spiders in my sleep and I never woke from pain.  Is a black widow's bite painful?

Also, how would I know I was bitten?  Swelling?  How risky are these little bastards?  My understanding is that they are not dangerous at all to a grown human.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:00:47 AM EDT
[#1]
Nuke the room with RAID.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:01:41 AM EDT
[#2]
Maybe Dr Fridge can help
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:02:24 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
Nuke the room with RAID.

Yep.

Also you will definetly know it if you are bit.  It hurts.  But the real pain is in recovery while the tissue dies and regrows.  I would bomb it.  Probably just that one spider though.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:02:56 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
A few hours ago, I went into the laundry room and found a huge ass web between the window and table.  In it was some dead insects including a wolf spider, and a fucking black widow who died via a lighter held under it.  Now I am afraid of infestation.

If I were to be bit by one of these fuckers, would I feel it?  I mean. I have been bitten by harmless spiders in my sleep and I never woke from pain.  Is a black widow's bite painful?
Also, how would I know I was bitten?  Swelling?  How risky are these little bastards?  My understanding is that they are not dangerous at all to a grown human.

Depends on the person. When i was bit, it was a huge welt and blister that the scar stayed with me for more than 6 months but there was hardly any pain at all. Some eople get nasty reactions.

By the way if your washer breaks... no offense... dont call me. I dont like spiders all that much.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:09:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Depends on the person. When i was bit, it was a huge welt and blister that the scar stayed with me for more than 6 months but there was hardly any pain at all. Some eople get nasty reactions.

By the way if your washer breaks... no offense... dont call me. I dont like spiders all that much.

Well, it IS a GE.  Bought it just over a year ago, before reading about them from you.  
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:48:14 AM EDT
[#6]

My understanding is that they are not dangerous at all to a grown human.

Not dangerous, maybe. Make you feel like warmed-over shit for a couple of weeks, you betcha. Get a couple of foggers, and frag the room.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:38:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Better fog the hell outta that room , at least a couple of times
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 2:52:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 3:01:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Pour about 5 gallons of diesel in the room and toss in a road flare.   It's the only way to be sure.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top