Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 8:40:00 PM EDT
Anyone have experience with them? Aside from getting tasered because you followed advice from this board on how to interact with cops.

Is this total trash, or worth a buy? Link for 900000 volt mini taserHow about the tasers in general on Ebay?

Not every situation calls for the use of a gun. Sometimes macing them or shocking the hell out of them will work perfectly fine. Just looking for a little input on this.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:09:53 PM EDT
[#1]
Honestly, I think if you were dealing with someone on drugs or seriously motivated to hurt you, non-lethal weapons like this will probably just piss the attacker off.  I'd prefer an ASP baton myself in situations calling for non-lethal force.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:16:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Well, they have the potential to be the worst of both worlds.

They're not 100% non-lethal and they're often not effective.

Stick with a gun.  You KNOW it's lethal, the offender KNOWS it's lethal and most importantly it's always effective.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:38:01 PM EDT
[#3]
I let my friends shock me with their gun show special stun gun.

There was a little pain, but overall it did nothing to incapacitate me.  I could continue doing whatever I wished.

The next day, I had two little "burn" marks everywhere they touched me with it (they did it several different places).

The worst time, was when they did it on my spine.  It actually did make me fall to my knees for a second.  But I had full use of my arms.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top