Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 6:46:54 PM EDT
I have a couple of sites I go to other than ARFcom, but I just tried to go to one of them. A long time favorite, & this hacked by so and so pops up & covers over the page everytime I try to open it.

So now what do I do to get in?

christianpipesmokers.org
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:48:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Clean out all your cookies, and go the the Main Page like you were going there for the very 1st time.

I *should* work.

HH
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:49:14 PM EDT
[#2]
wow thats bad...   I see what your talking about, there isn't much you can do but contact them and let them know that its been "hacked"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:50:48 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
I have a couple of sites I go to other than ARFcom, but I just tried to go to one of them. A long time favorite, & this hacked by so and so pops up & covers over the page everytime I try to open it.

So now what do I do to get in?

christianpipesmokers.org

Ya don't.

site's been hacked. Gotta wait till they fix it.

Christian pipe smokers, eh? Sounds like some christian pole smoker website. lolo...j/k
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:51:35 PM EDT
[#4]
Looks like the site owner's got some work to do.....

HH
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:52:56 PM EDT
[#5]
So could Lord jerkoff do that to ARFcom as well?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:54:09 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:56:27 PM EDT
[#7]
load it, and click stop before the page finishes and it won't redirect, at least in Firefox that worked. it'll still have the "hacked by" thing at the top, but you'll be able to click the links for the site
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:57:41 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
It's just the main page that got nailed.  Once it loads up (or loads up partially till you can see the link that you want to click), start laying on the "STOP" button, or hitting the "Esc" key.  That will stop the re-direct code, and let you click on links on the main page.  I just did, and was able to go into the forums.

Running Firefox 1.06 on Windows XP.

Bingo! Pretty lame hacker. Doesn't appear to load anything malicious, just redirect the browser. Click STOP as soon as the page Cigar Page loads. You have about 1 second before you are redirected. Once you stop the redirect, it should be fine.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:00:59 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
So could Lord jerkoff do that to ARFcom as well?

Possibly, but it would have to be someone better than 'Lord Jerkoff'. He just exploited a hole in the PHPBB code. From what I understand, a good portion of this site is custom coded by Goatboy. That makes it more difficult to hack for most people.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:04:57 PM EDT
[#10]
oh, and btw, you should never post your email address online, because spammers run spiders that crawl the web looking for addresses.

so he shouldn't have listed [email protected] as his e-mail address.  I mean posting <a href="mailto:[email protected]">[email protected]</a> online may encourage spammers to send him spam.

so never post things like [email protected] online.

anyone notice the muslim emblems on the hacked by graphic???

eta:  webmaster needs to remove "<meta http-equiv="refresh" content="1;URL=www.yenilik.8k.com">"  from index.php
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top