Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 2:14:25 PM EDT
Clearence price $5. Regular 13 somethin'.  Not a bad deal me thinks.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:33:34 PM EDT
[#1]
Your going to need to fill out a Walmart background check before you can buy it.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 2:38:20 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Your going to need to fill out a Walmart background check before you can buy it.

You may not be far from the truth.

I got "beeped" (age check) at the checkout once for a .177 pellet trap.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:45:09 PM EDT
[#3]
I picked up one today, along with 5 cans of Powder-blast ($2 / can) and a SWEET three mode LED flashlight ($5).

Quality look OK . . . not quite Camp Perry but good enough for the Enfield that I keep in the trunk.

Thanks!

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:53:26 PM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You may not be far from the truth.

I got "beeped" (age check) at the checkout once for a .177 pellet trap.  

WTF?

Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:35:48 PM EDT
[#5]
You guys will be sorry. Don't fall for junk....
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 4:39:01 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

I got a leather military style shooting sling for my PSS at Wal Mart. It is U.S. made and very good quality.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 2:37:44 PM EDT
[#7]
A cheap sling is ok if you're going for a look, if you are going for function, you'll be sorry.

I bought a couple 1907 type slings from Creedmore Sports, and found out real quick they were junk. Price was about $25.00 a piece. That's $50.00 bucks down the drain. I have $250.00 worth of Turner slings, and couldn't be more happy.

Not to say everyone should buy a Turner. You only need a good sling, if you shoot with it.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 5:34:49 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quality look OK . . . not quite Camp Perry but good enough for the Enfield that I keep in the trunk.

Thanks!

Disconnector

I'll check it out. I bought a few and thought they were a good deal at $13. Made in India so they ended up on my Ishapore .410,.303 & .308 Enfields.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:00:03 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I got a leather military style shooting sling for my PSS at Wal Mart. It is U.S. made and very good quality.

Hahah thats hillarious.

You shoot sling method with that cheap chinese 1903 sling rip off and you'll see how quality it is.

This tells me that you don't know how to properly shoot sling method....
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:04:18 PM EDT
[#10]
I have a couple of Turners, but these days I use a cotton USGI sling for matches.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:15:08 PM EDT
[#11]
So is it Turner or nothing? I own one Turner have it one my AR I was thinking of a couple cheaper ones from midway for my Garand Tanker 7.62 and my '55 FAZ Enfield. Roben.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:15:36 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hahah thats hillarious.

You shoot sling method with that cheap chinese 1903 sling rip off and you'll see how quality it is.

Honestly, I don't know or care what you think is proper. The method of wrapping the sling around my arm that I use to stabilize the rifle works very well for me and this sling works with this method. I have fired a few hundred rounds with the sling on my PSS and have had zero problems.

Once again for the illiterate, the sling I bought at Wal Mart is U.S. made, not chinese.

Hahaha, yourself, funny man.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:20:27 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
So is it Turner or nothing? I own one Turner have it one my AR I was thinking of a couple cheaper ones from midway for my Garand Tanker 7.62 and my '55 FAZ Enfield. Roben.

Seriously, I've gone from a Turner back to a USGI cotton sling. Many other competitive shooters have, too.

Ask on the competitive forum if you don't believe me.
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:22:10 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hahah thats hillarious.

Honestly, I don't know or care what you think is proper. The method of wrapping the sling around my arm that I use to stabilize the rifle works very well for me and this sling works with this method. I have fired a few hundred rounds with the sling on my PSS and have had zero problems.

Once again for the illiterate, the sling I bought at Wal Mart is U.S. made, not chinese.

Congrats to you.  I know someone that bought one to use in a garand match and the cheap brass teeth bent right out of shape.

Then again, who cares for the money we're talking about here.

For those who want a sling to truly use for sling method shooting, spring for Turners - specifically those new all weather bio-slings.  Those rule!
Link Posted: 8/29/2005 6:29:30 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Hahah thats hillarious.

Congrats to you.  I know someone that bought one to use in a garand match and the cheap brass teeth bent right out of shape.

Then again, who cares for the money we're talking about here.

For those who want a sling to truly use for sling method shooting, spring for Turners - specifically those new all weather bio-slings.  Those rule!

We must be talking about totally different slings. I bought mine two years ago for about $24 and I don't think I could bend the teeth on it shooting if I tried. If the slings you are talking about really are chinese, they are defiantely different.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top