Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 1:09:11 PM EDT
So I just went on a gun buying spree again (new lower from Denny's Guns, S&W .460 mag, Sig Trailside and a Marlin 45-70, along with a total custom 10/22 I built from scratch) and first, I take the Marlin out of the box to look it over and attempt to open the action.  It seems a little stiff and while operating the lever, the side of the stock POPS OUT where it meets the grip area????  It will not cock and the lever is incredibly stiff.  Time for a phone call to Marlin C.S.  Then, a couple of days later, I decide to go shooting...I'm putting the required 500 rounds throught the 10/22 to break it in while verifying sight-in and at about 300 rnds or so, the trigger will not operate.  The bolt will cycle and the trigger is not activating the hammer???  So I put it away to be taken apart at home and start shooting the Trailside.  It periodically fails to go into battery so I have to start bumping the back of the slide with my thumb.  I am about to lose my mind so I break out the .460 (it has just a LITTLE perceived recoil) and the Denny's upper I had already owned now mated to a Denny's lower to match it, and finally things go better.  The .460 is a hoot to shoot and the Denny's stuff worked flawlessly as expected.  Anyone else ever have such a frustrating time with new deliveries?  That is enough to make a nun cuss!!!!    
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 1:20:17 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:
So I just went on a gun buying spree again (new lower from Denny's Guns, S&W .460 mag, Sig Trailside and a Marlin 45-70, along with a total custom 10/22 I built from scratch) and first, I take the Marlin out of the box to look it over and attempt to open the action.  It seems a little stiff and while operating the lever, the side of the stock POPS OUT where it meets the grip area????  It will not cock and the lever is incredibly stiff.  Time for a phone call to Marlin C.S.  Then, a couple of days later, I decide to go shooting...I'm putting the required 500 rounds throught the 10/22 to break it in while verifying sight-in and at about 300 rnds or so, the trigger will not operate.  The bolt will cycle and the trigger is not activating the hammer???  So I put it away to be taken apart at home and start shooting the Trailside.  It periodically fails to go into battery so I have to start bumping the back of the slide with my thumb.  I am about to lose my mind so I break out the .460 (it has just a LITTLE perceived recoil) and the Denny's upper I had already owned now mated to a Denny's lower to match it, and finally things go better.  The .460 is a hoot to shoot and the Denny's stuff worked flawlessly as expected.  Anyone else ever have such a frustrating time with new deliveries?  That is enough to make a nun cuss!!!!    

Ahh the good ol Ar prevails a happy ending. That sucks about your 45-70 I was thinking of actually picking up one of those guide guns in .450
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 9:11:07 PM EDT
[#2]
Yes...thank goodness for Denny.  I think it's hard to beat his builds.  My new AR package just looks badass.  And a revolver always seems to go bang, doesn't it????  I can't wait to pull the 10/22 apart and see what's up with that.  I used nothing but the best components to build it so I am very surprised that there is a problem.  It was shooting very good groups though, until it stopped shooting
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top