Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 8:01:59 AM EDT

Anyone got a guess as to what the rifle might be?

www.newindpress.com/NewsItems.asp?ID=IEA20050826031440&Page=A&Title=Southern+News+-+Andhra+Pradesh&Topic=0

Cop shoots self accidentally

Friday August 26 2005 13:36 IST

HYDERABAD: A sentry, K Gopal, posted at Labour Minister G Vinod’s residence, suffered a bullet injury when the 303 rifle, which he was carrying, went off on Thursday.

He was operated upon in a hospital and his condition is stated to be stable. Gopal, attached to the City Armed Reserve, carried the weapon when he went to answer nature’s call.

The rifle went off when his hand accidentally pressed the trigger.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:02:51 AM EDT
[#1]
I'm the only one  prof.....NEVERmind
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:03:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Damn Glock fotays
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:15:46 AM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

the rifle didn't "go off".  it was fired by the officer.

i'm sick of people making it sound like it was the gun's fault...  

[guywhoshotminself]the gun just went off for some crazy reason, i mean, all i did was pull the trigger.  i don't know what happened[/guywhoshothimself]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:15:56 AM EDT
[#4]
NDWDD
Negligent Discharge While Dropping a Duece.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:16:55 AM EDT
[#5]
His finger pressed the trigger .....? Maybe the saftey was broke .  A .303 Brit ? He probably figured it out right off .
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:18:01 AM EDT
[#6]
That'll buff out

....well, somebody had to say it
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:20:09 AM EDT
[#7]
.303 Brit? Just a flesh wound, besides it was not an assault weapon round so not as harmful or dangerous.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:30:37 AM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
besides it was not an assault weapon round so not as harmful or dangerous.

and it wasn't a highpower round like an AR fires(according to the news at least)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:34:44 AM EDT
[#9]
He disregarded rule 303.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:37:01 AM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
Damn Glock fotays

Glock fotay gatrifles.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

[guywhoshotminself]the gun just went off for some crazy reason, i mean, all i did was pull the trigger.  i don't know what happened[/guywhoshothimself]

If it's an AR he'd better be happy it went off at all
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:59:56 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I agree that the term "Accidentally" is not a good one to use when stuff like this happens. I also believe that there are two kinds of people who handle firearms.....those that have had an ND and those that WILL have an ND. Mine occurred at the range when I was chambering a round in my .9mm Colt Commander. I was using store bought reloaded ammo and the round I was chambering had a "high primer", so when the round finally seated, it was struck by slide and discharged. The muzzle of my pistol was pointed downrange, but the range master had a few well deserved choice words for me, because I hadn't checked all of my ammo BEFORE loading up. This was back in the days when the majority of troopers were carrying revolvers, so the range master also made some cracks about those "Damned autos" and put the three or four of us who had them at the far right hand side of range away from everyone else.

As for the identity of the rifle, it could have been a British Enfield rifle or a maybe Savage as they made their Model 99 lever action in .303 Savage.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top