Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 6:02:03 AM EDT
I'm pretty sure I'm still legally intoxicated.  (Goes and checks...)   Yep, there's some blood in my alcohol stream.  Hopefully this gatorade will give me some comfort.  Anyways, the guys and I started drinking around 4pm yesterday, and we really didn't stop until about 3:30-4am.  No one got arrested, so that is always a plus.  

I distinctly remember feeling my hangover somewhere around 11pm, as did a few others, but we persevered and kept drinking.  At least we didn't light anything on fire (which is usually standard for the group I hang out with).  But someone did manage to break one of my windows, and I cut my hand somehow during the ensuing clean-up.  My clothes wreak of a brewery/ashtray (downside to going out for a few).  Even my hands smell like I've been smoking.  No bad altercations at the base club, the apartments, or the bar.  We definately blew off some steam, so to speak.

Well, my head feels, um, not good.  I think I even sense a BM in my near future.  Edit: That's completed now.  Why do we do this to ourselves?  Ah, who the hell cares!  I think it was Hemmingway that said this,

"I feel sorry for sober people.  When they wake up, that's the best they're going to feel all day."

Oh, and what were we celebrating?  Vance AFB Joint Specialized Undergradute Pilot Training Class 05-14 just got their assignments, 52 weeks after beginning pilot training.  Three lucky individuals will stay as instructors (2 from the T-38 side, and 1 from the T-1 side).  On the T-1 side, we got a nice drop.  6 C-17s, a C-130, KC-10, C-5, 4 KC-135s, E-6, I got an E-3, and the T-1 FAIP.  The T-38 guys had an A-10, F-16, B-1, and two got T-6 FAIP.  The funny thing about our class, not one of the guys that got FAIPed did T-37s here at Vance, they all did the first half of their training at Whiting Field in Pensacola, flying the T-34.  

2 more weeks until graduation.

(FAIP - First Assignment Instructor Pilot)
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:29:05 AM EDT
[#1]
Ahhh, the good ole days. Can't remember how many times I lay sprawled on the floor under the toilet telling myself that if I survive this I will never drink again.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top