User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 6:01:58 AM EDT
State Police Trooper Attacked Outside 7-Eleven
Warren Man To Be Arraigned In 43rd District Court

POSTED: 10:46 a.m. EDT August 25, 2005
UPDATED: 1:18 p.m. EDT August 25, 2005

Story by Click On Detroit

MADISON HEIGHTS, Mich. -- A Michigan state police trooper was attacked outside a 7-Eleven store in Madison Heights on Wednesday night.

The trooper stopped at the store on 11 Mile Road and Hampden for a cup of coffee when he heard footsteps behind him upon returning to his squad car, according to a MSP news release.

Before the trooper could turn around, a man jumped on his back and wrapped his arms around the trooper's neck and his legs around the trooper's waist, police said.

Police said the attacker started choking the trooper while yelling that he was from the militia
and that the trooper was going to take him up north.

The struggle sent the two men crashing into the side of the patrol car, causing damage to the door, according to the release.

The trooper attempted to break the man's chokehold by throwing his cup of hot coffee on him, but the man would not let go, police said.

The two men were separated after falling to the ground. Police said that's when the man attempted to grab the trooper's gun from his holster, but was unsuccessful. The trooper pinned the man to the ground and radioed for backup while witnesses called 911, according to the release.

Officers from the Royal Oak and Madison Heights police departments responded to the scene and assisted the trooper with the arrest.

While lying on the ground, the attacker told the trooper that he was going to beat the charges, police said.

The trooper suffered abrasions to his knees and left elbow and complained of pain to his left shoulder. The attacker suffered an abrasion to the left side of his face, according to police.

The attacker, from Warren, was described as white, 5 feet 9 inches tall and 145 pounds. His name was being withheld pending an arraignment in 43rd District Court in Madison Heights on Thursday.

He faces possible charges of attempting to disarm a police officer, malicious destruction of police property and resisting and obstruction of a police officer.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:03:54 AM EDT
[#1]
Wow, those acid flashbacks are a bitch.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:04:00 AM EDT
[#2]
No Assaulting a police officer?!

DA feelin generous today I guess....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:06:11 AM EDT
[#3]

The attacker, from Warren, was described as white, 5 feet 9 inches tall and 145 pounds

Sounds more like a crackhead.

And I'll bet it's the southern part of Warren he's from.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:06:25 AM EDT
[#4]
5 ft. 9 and 145 pounds?

Methhead.

REAL militia men look like this:

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:15:17 AM EDT
[#5]
The suspect was training for the UFC reality show, going for the rear naked choke.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:19:20 AM EDT
[#6]
Just proves you can't always listen to the voices in your head.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:13:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Is ASSweb missing another moderator?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:17:03 PM EDT
[#8]
Remember position and then set the choke. I bet he had a bad rear mount, thats how the po po got away.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:18:22 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
5 ft. 9 and 145 pounds?

Methhead.

REAL militia men look like this:

photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=39394

That is always the image that pops into my head when i hear modern day millitia
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:23:31 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:

The guy kneeling reminds me of Robert Paulson.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:26:36 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
photos.ar15.com/ImageGallery/Attachments/DownloadAttach.asp?iImageUnq=39394

The guy kneeling reminds me of Robert Paulson.

The guy from Fight Club?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 3:56:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Wonder where he learned those tactics?
I can't remember the "run up and jump on from behind" method in any of my military training.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:14:09 PM EDT
[#13]
As he "Identified" himself as Militia I doubt he really is, probably a crackhead
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:32:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
As he "Identified" himself as Militia I doubt he really is, probably a crackhead

Probably someone who is going to get shot....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:47:38 PM EDT
[#15]
haha!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top