BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/27/2005 5:54:07 AM EDT
Off-Duty Bexar Deputy Opens Fire On SUV
No One Wounded; 2 People Arrested

POSTED: 6:55 a.m. CDT August 26, 2005
UPDATED: 7:12 a.m. CDT August 26, 2005

Story by KSAT.com

SAN ANTONIO -- An off-duty Bexar County sheriff's deputy is under investigation Friday after he fired several shots at a vehicle that three people were in.

None of the people were wounded in the incident that occurred at Loop 410 and Culebra Road at 1:45 a.m.

San Antonio police said the shooting was in response to a beer can allegedly thrown by the people in the vehicle at Deputy Mark Vargas's personal vehicle.

When the trio sped off in a Mitsubishi Montero, Vargas, who was off-duty at the time, gave chase and ordered the driver to pull over.

"The passenger became irate and began screaming at him," said Sgt. Curtis Coolidge, of the San Antonio Police Department. "He yelled at them to pull over again. They refused. The deputy stated that the individual had something in his hand, holding in a manner like a pistol would be held."

Fearing for his life, Vargas opened fire on the vehicle, hitting it six times and blowing out a rear tire.

No one inside the SUV was hurt, but a woman who was driving was arrested on suspicion of driving while intoxicated and a man was arrested on outstanding warrants.
Another man was released.

The Bexar County Sheriff's Office will conduct an investigation and determine if Vargas' actions were justified.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#1]
I could see that.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:01:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Would YOU pull over for some regular joe?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:06:52 AM EDT
[#3]
Not if I was drunk and had just picked the wrong vehicle to throw my dead soldier at.   Shoulda killed 'em all.  Less losers for us to support.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:07:49 AM EDT
[#4]
That ain't shit, we had a triple homicide simply because some guys thought that members of thier own gang were cheating them at a fucking dice gmae. The dead had nothing to do with it either.....
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:09:42 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:
That ain't shit, we had a triple homicide simply because some guys thought that members of thier own gang were cheating them at a fucking dice gmae. The dead had nothing to do with it either.....

Let me make sure I understand this...
Your sad because a couple of gangbangers blew away a couple of other gangbangers?
I'm havin a hard time finding a downside to this story........
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:11:59 AM EDT
[#6]
That should have been a .
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:12:27 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 6:12:55 AM EDT
[#8]
Did they have a dog in there vehicle.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top