Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/27/2005 4:30:34 AM EDT
This story made my local news.  The "victim" (why the hell they call him the victim, I don't know) pulled a gun and threatened another man who happened to have his CCW.  I was suprised this made the news.

Link to article

A dispute over money leads to a gun battle in Osage County. One man was killed.

It happened just before 3 PM Wednesday on the outskirts of Sand Springs near Prue. Investigators say three people went to a house to pick-up a motor home they were buying.

During an argument over the sale, deputies say the victim, 34-year old Larry Cunningham, pulled out a gun and threatened the buyer. Authorities say the buyer then pulled *his* gun, the two exchanged gunfire. Six shots were fired, Cunningham was killed.

Investigators say they believe the buyer acted in self-defense. Osage County Undersheriff Louann Brown: "After interviewing all the people that are here and the physical evidence that we have, that's what it appears at this time."

The name of the shooter has not yet been released and they say at this point they don't believe any charges will be filed.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top