Posted: 8/26/2005 10:42:02 PM EDT
40% of their workers are illegal but they didn't know? Riiiiiight

Alleged illegals arrested at SoCal Army base
TIM MOLLOY
Associated Press Writer
08-26-2005
Los Angeles
sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/n/a/2005/08/26/state/n202303D18.DTL
As part of a crackdown on undocumented workers employed in sites deemed important to national security, immigration officials arrested six men they said were Mexican nationals working for a company that helps build military housing.

U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement agents apprehended the men as they arrived for work Friday at Fort Irwin, east of Barstow. The agency said the men worked for Laurence-Hovenier, Inc., a Corona-based company that does construction framing for housing at the Army base.

The company's Fred Hovenier said his business didn't hire anyone without proper documentation.

"If they were working for us, they provided us with the necessary documents," he said.

At least one of the men arrested had a counterfeit green card, officials said. But the agency also said an audit of hiring records found that more than 40 percent of those on the company's payroll may not have been authorized to work in the United States.

"We are continuing to investigate," agency spokeswoman Virginia Kice said.

The arrests were part of a wider effort targeting businesses that provide workers for such sensitive locations as airports and military bases. The agency says unauthorized workers could be exploited by terrorists, smugglers, or traffickers.

Fort Irwin is home to the National Training Center for Army brigade combat teams, the agency said.

The names of the men arrested were not released. One of the men had illegally re-entered the United States after being deported and is subject to criminal prosecution, the agency said.

The others will either be voluntarily returned to Mexico or deported there after facing immigration charges, the agency said.

The men's names were not released.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:15:57 AM EDT
[#1]
I was working security at a base when I was a Corporal and had to deal with this shit. I would not allow any Illegals through my AO Period. I had a Colonel try to override me but I won everytime. I had 2 contractors banned from the base and all future contracts, one was held at gunpoint by me and another NCO until the locals arrived to arrest them. Things got crazy, I still miss that details sometimes!
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 12:26:47 AM EDT
[#2]
I am wondering when everyone decided illegals were angels and that they would NEVER
be working for the terrorists, the illegals I have come in contact with would sellout anyone
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 5:04:26 AM EDT
[#3]
Base commander should be demoted and sent to Iraq.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:17:52 AM EDT
[#4]

Quoted:
I am wondering when everyone decided illegals were angels and that they would NEVER
be working for the terrorists, the illegals I have come in contact with would sellout anyone

I believe the PC movement and Jorge Bush are responsible for those lies.
Link Posted: 8/28/2005 7:50:08 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I believe the PC movement and Jorge Bush are responsible for those lies.

Looks like the illegal alien mexican coyotes are making a liar out of him, again

Mexican Migration Officials Arrest Three Iraqis Near U.S. Border
The Associated Press
Aug 28, 2005
ap.tbo.com/ap/breaking/MGBW5JQUXCE.html
MEXICO CITY (AP) - Three Iraqis carrying invalid Greek passports have been detained in the northern Mexican city of Mexicali, across the U.S. border from California, Mexico's Interior Department announced Sunday.
The three Iraqis told Mexican officials they were Christians attempting to reach the United States to seek asylum from religious persecution, according to a government news release.

Last month, Mexico's attorney general's office announced that a Greek citizen was being held over for trial on charges he participated in a smuggling network that sold fake Greek passports to Iraqi migrants bound for the United States.

It was unclear if the recently arrested Iraqi migrants face prosecution or expulsion from Mexico.

The Interior Department referred all questions to the National Migration Institute, where officials could not be reached for comment. The federal attorney general's office had no further information.

The Iraqis were detained by migration officials within the "last few days," according to the Interior Department statement.

Greek Dimitrios Kiassos faces trial on charges he participated in a smuggling network that charged Iraqi migrants US$6,000 (euro5,000) for fake passports with the goal of reaching Tijuana, across the U.S. border from San Diego, and later crossing into the United States, according to prosecutors.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top