Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 9:05:33 PM EDT
A pitbull was crossing a 4 lane major highway and wham!  A Mercedes SUV took it out.  It didnt die but started howling on its side like there was no tomorrow.  I thought the LEOs were on their way because it sounded like a siren.  His legs were twitching and boy was it loud.  The dude that hit it slowed down looked out and took off.  I wanted to shoot it with CCW gun but I would have probably got into trouble for that.  By the time traffic cleared, I could see a cruiser.  So I didnt see what happened after that.  I hope the cop put it out of its misery.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:11:54 PM EDT
[#1]
I see dogs trying to cross the street and it really makes me nervous...I hate the idea of an animal getting hit by a car...The one time I thought I would be able to go back and try to secure the pooch I would up scaring it off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:15:09 PM EDT
[#2]
That's just cold.  I feel for the animal.  I really wish people would quit demonizing pitts.  Good dogs, some times with really bad owners.  I plan on getting a Pitt for myself.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:17:17 PM EDT
[#3]
poor damn dog....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#4]
It was really sad.  Regardless of how you feel about pitbulls no animal or person should suffer like that.  I mean the howling was LOUD and nonstop.  All its legs were twitching uncontrollably. Most likely its back was broken so it couldnt even move.  If I was in the boonies I would have definitely got out and shot it.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:24:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Heh, that's nothing. I once ran over a squirrel.....with one tire and a cat with the other
Not me, someone else on ARFCOM.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top