Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 8:09:12 PM EDT
Well, here goes.....

Had it with the soon to be ex.  She is wanting to file a chapter 13 because she can't manage money.  Already been through it once before.  I make good money, but she somehow manages to keep us flat broke.  So, I write up a letter for her to sign.  If she wants me to sign off on the 13 (which would come 100% out of my check) she has to sign this.....

Agreement for divorce

This shall constitute a legally binding agreement between *************(husband) and *************(wife) for the terms of dissolution of marriage.  Due to the continuation of differences between the above mentioned parties and that these differences are irreconcilable both parties agree to dissolution of marriage under the following terms.

Both parties shall file for chapter 13 bankruptcy in order to protect that property which is currently jointly owned.
The home and both cars, Jeep Grand Cherokee and Toyota Supra shall become sole property of Bonnie Shown.
All home furnishings excluding 1 food processor and 1 stand mixer shall become property of wife.
All pets shall become property of wife.  This includes all equipment such as aquariums, stands and filters as well as supplies for dogs and cats.
DVD's shall be divided as previously agreed between both parties.
All VHS tapes shall become property of the wife excluding husbands graduation video and airbrush videos.
Husband shall retain ownership of his clothing, cookbooks, the previously listed kitchen appliances, Calphalon cookware, and those books which are established as his.
All property currently in the husbands work truck shall remain the husbands property.
Husband shall retain ownership of his tools, cornet and all other property established as his.
There shall be no ($0.00) spousal support upon dissolution of marriage.
If the wife sells the home or cars, equity in these items shall go toward that portion of the bankruptcy that applies to said property.  Any remaining equity shall go entirely to wife.
Husband is to be released from any financial responsibility for any property or any other aquired expenses beyond the terms of the bankruptcy.
The verizon cell phone account shall be transferred to husband and he shall be responsible for  this account.
Husband shall be released from Suntrust bank account.  Veterans Administration disability for husband will be redirected to a new account.  Any monies deposited in Suntrust account by VA shall remain property of wife until such a time as the Veterans administration deposits into new account.  If this time period exceeds 6 months, all VA deposits are to be forwarded to husband.
Wife shall file for a change of name to return to her maiden name.  Wife shall not retain married name (******).

__________________________                                 _______________________________
************    Date                                            ****************Date

__________________________                                 ________________________________
Witness     Date                                                             Witness    Date

Hand it to her and tell her I am getting in my truck (company semi) and going to my sisters.  She follows me out claiming I have some of "her" DVD's.  Goes to climb in the truck and I tell her to stay out, I will hand them down for her to go through.  I step to the back to get what I have and she climbs in.  Fine, I stack all the DVD's and let her go through them.  She takes 3 (all of which I had bought for myself).  Fine, anything to get her out of my life.  I tell her to get out of the truck, I am leaving and she says no.  I tell her again and she refuses again.  So, I call on mr LEO to come out.  Address, description, names, phone number I am calling from, Am I armed? I tell dispatch I have a firearm in the truck and she has one in the house but neither is drawn.  After a few more minutes of her bitching and me ignoring, the cops arrive.  2 Double occupied cars.  "Ma'am you need to get out of the truck"    her"I will in a minute"  Cop asks me "Is this truck owned by you or your employer?"  Me"It is a company vehicle owned by my employer"  Cop "Ma'am, get out now or I will arrest you."  She starts talking about being "abused and gonna get a restraining order"   She finally gets out.  Cop talks to me about what is going on and I explain.  She is just talking shit to try for an upper hand at the divorce hearing.  Cop says he has seen and heard that before and his report will immediately be forwarded to the courts and flagged.  When my case comes up, his report will go to the judge and it will show that I was perfectly calm, polite and presented no threat to anyone regardless of what she was saying.  Tells me his report can be used for evidence in a malicious prosecution case if she does go for a restraining order.  

Now, here is the funny......none of the 4 officers ever asked about my firearm.  No comment made about it whatsoever.  No question about CCL, is it loaded, where in the vehicle is it or anything.  OK cops get called on a domestic situation where they know firearms are present, send 2 squad cars and never say a word about the firearms.    Anyway, after he tells me about his report, wishes me a good evening and tells me to drive carefully.  

Other than being shocked that he never mentioned the firearms, this officer acted in an extremely professional and courteous manner.  I truly did appreciate him.  (sorry to other LEOs, but as a truck driver, we tend to get harrassed a lot so most of our dealings are not good.  Seems that being a truck driver is probable cause enough....)  Anyway, this officer was great.  I wish I would have gotten his name because I would call his supervisor and put in a good word for him.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:14:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Best story I've read all day.  At first, I thought you were giving up WAY too much, but the more I read the more sense it made.

Sounds like your soon-to-be ex should be watched very carefully....it's probably going to get even worse than anything you've ever seen.

Good luck and btw...nice contract!

HH
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:17:43 PM EDT
[#2]
TN is good people.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:19:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Call anyway,  give the date and time, place of call,  there will be a record of who was there,  he will apreciate the gesture alot.

After 10 years as a park ranger,  I can't think of how many tires I changed for old ladys,  lost kids found,  picnic stuff in the back of my truck delivered to your picnic area, etc.   I recieved exactly one letter in all 10 years thanking me for my help.  I have it framed in my office.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:20:44 PM EDT
[#4]
You don't need his name.  Just contact the local PD and talk to a Supervisor.  Explian the type of call, where it wasat and the time of day.  They will have no problem finding out who the responders were.  

As for the divorce, good luck she sounds like a real fighter.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:22:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Wow, that letter was pretty funny.  Painful but funny.  

Its all about the DRAMA.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:29:44 PM EDT
[#6]
WhoooHaa - It's TENNESSEE the #1 Bankruptcy state in the USA.  

So it's better to claim Chapter 13 and not be responsible for your debts, (or those of your spouse - since you were married when the debt was incurred) than to take the adult path to a higher plane.

Sorry - no sypmathy here.  You need to be a Man (or act like one) and take care of business.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:34:55 PM EDT
[#7]
Not a fighter....A conniving thieving backstabbing lieing cold blooded..........................................

I get an advance of $125 when I leave out every sunday.  This is to cover all my non fuel expenses.  That is the entirety of what I have lived off of for the past several years.  I usually have money left over at the end of the week because I manage my money.  I plan things out.  I am very thrifty.  I get 1 carton of cigarettes and spend about $20-$25 per week on groceries.  The rest is for scales, oil, little misc. parts (light bulbs etc.) tolls and everything else.  I usually have at least $20 in my pocket when the week is over.  My pay check ranges from $500-$800 per week take home after all deductions.  We have no kids.  Where is it all going?  She expects me to take care of her for the rest of her life.  Let her figure it out on $150 a week.  If she refuses to sign, then the house must be sold, and the equity split.  She can't get more than 1/3 of my check and I will show a base of 500 per week.  She will come out behind.  If we do the chapter 13, I will have to pay for it entirely (she is disabled () and draws a check of $720 per month.  Bankruptcy can't touch that.  So, that means that I would have to pay for it all.  My income will be drastically shortened for a few years.  But, to get her out of my life and out of my pocket for good, it is worth it to me.  Or, I can get a return for all the time I have busted my ass working while she sat on hers and pay a little for the rest of her life.  Anything to get rid of her......
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:39:58 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

So it's better to claim Chapter 13 and not be responsible for your debts, (or those of your spouse - since you were married when the debt was incurred) than to take the adult path to a higher plane.

Sorry - no sypmathy here.  You need to be a Man (or act like one) and take care of business.

Well, when you work your ass of for 15 years and she fucks everything, then you are left with very few options.  I am responsible.  She is wasteful.  You have no idea what I have been dealing with.  I had a good office job and she screwed everything up, so I go back out on the road and increase my income $400 per week.  I set out a plan to get everything caught up and savings set aside for the future.  She treats it like a joke.  She bounces checks and blames it on the bank.  They took her Debit card away, not mine.    And a little lesson, chapter 13 is repayment.  Chapter 7 is fuckit.  I repay my debts.  She doesn't.  Don't even think to condem me when you don't know me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:41:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Was anyone else hoping that she'd get tazed somewhere in there?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:45:46 PM EDT
[#10]
sorry to hear that your having a bad run right now, i hope that you keep everything ya want and get her outta yer life, all the power to ya man. your doing the right thing, come to raleigh and we can get tore up!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:53:11 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
sorry to hear that your having a bad run right now, i hope that you keep everything ya want and get her outta yer life, all the power to ya man. your doing the right thing, come to raleigh and we can get tore up!

I do get through Raleigh on occaision.......But not much anymore.  Primarily head up through IL.  Gonna move there (Southern IL, Herrin) and from there out to Vegas area.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:57:27 PM EDT
[#12]
My sister's ex tried to do the same thing.  Except she locked the car door and when he started banging on the window, she just ignored him and backed out anyway... right over his foot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:04:29 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

I was waiting for it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:12:13 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

I was waiting for it.

Honestly, I am not vindictive and don't want her hurt.  I just want her out of my life.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:22:09 AM EDT
[#15]
Bump for the day shift.......
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:26:53 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd stash the guns at a bud's house anyway, she can lie and get a DV restraining order and you can be served unjustly anways, your guns seized until everything blows over.  
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:30:35 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Reread it - it wasn't HIM, it was her.

Why should he be saddled with her irresponsibility?
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:32:01 AM EDT
[#18]
Hide the guns and record every conversation you have with her from now on.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:40:18 AM EDT
[#19]

Why people get married anymore is completely beyond me.

Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:45:12 AM EDT
[#20]
This do-it-yourself lawyering (even if you were a lawyer which I doubt) can easily turn into self-inflicted injury.  Get one.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 7:28:35 AM EDT
[#21]
One gun is all I have left.  I had to sell the rest to pay bills that she forgot about.  It is secured in my company vehicle.  As for a lawyer, got that in the works.  The letter was just to make things easier and point out exactly what I wanted.  Bring about an uncontested divorce and be done with it.  As for the house, I have lived there since I was 11 years old.  I am now 41.  She moved in at the end of 1990.  My parents bought the house when I was a kid.  But I am willing to give that up because of her.  I think I am giving a hell of a lot.  But to get rid of her, it is worth it.  
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top