Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 7:44:27 PM EDT
What creates a drive to commit crime? What drives a man towards crime?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:46:49 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

"I wanted the money"
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:47:10 PM EDT
[#2]
desperation, uneducation, learned behavior that it's better to steal than work, poor morals, lacking social conscience..
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:47:41 PM EDT
[#3]

It isn't fair that other people have stuff and he doesn't.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:48:34 PM EDT
[#4]
Desperation sometimes.  I've been poor enough to contemplate it but only as a side thought like, damn I wouldn't be this broke if I robbed banks for a living.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:50:04 PM EDT
[#5]
Naw, that's a cowboy score.

You have to plan it out, you know, like in Heat  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:50:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Not sure, but the bastard that robbed the Harris Bank in LaGrange , Illinois yesterday, and holed up in a home in Villa Park, Illinois was found dead this afternoon from a self-inflicted gunshot wound.

Some might say he was brave to rob a bank.  I say the prick was a coward to run and then kill himself instead of meeting his fate.  

May he rot!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:53:33 PM EDT
[#7]
Shit, everyone knows its George Bushes fault.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:03:45 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
desperation, uneducation, learned behavior that it's better to steal than work, poor morals, lacking social conscience..

Leelaw has it - can be many reasons, like he said.

Now who can answer, what makes the head of Enron wake up and say "today I am going to screw my employees, my customers, my shareholders, and my business."

People are always harshed out by the lone loser - he's dangerous for sure, but not near the impact.  However, the guy in the Armani suit who stole billions, well how is he seen...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:36:22 PM EDT
[#9]
My understanding is that most bank robberies these days are by drug addicts---not by meticulous planners or Dillinger/Barrow types.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:40:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Imagine waking up one day and you decide to kill yourself.

Then you say...WTF! Why not try a bank heist first?
If you F it all up, you can kill yourself later.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:40:21 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Leelaw has it - can be many reasons, like he said.

Now who can answer, what makes the head of Enron wake up and say "today I am going to screw my employees, my customers, my shareholders, and my business."

People are always harshed out by the lone loser - he's dangerous for sure, but not near the impact.  However, the guy in the Armani suit who stole billions, well how is he seen...

Well said.

+1

HH
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:41:28 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
My understanding is that most bank robberies these days are by drug addicts---not by meticulous planners or Dillinger/Barrow types.

last guy they caught around here  they were able to figure out  how much he got from the other robberies and how often he did it then staked out banks the week they igured he would be needing money and in the appox part of  town he had been hitting them
they were close he robbed a place  across the street from a bank they had staked out
they figured the guy was burning $1200 a day
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:42:48 PM EDT
[#13]
...after watching HEAT the night before....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#14]
Amusement. Sometimes when I'm in a public place such as a bank, convenience store, or whatever I find myself bored and begin wondering, "could I pull off a robbery here?" I'll start noting things like positions of the exits, cameras, how alert the employees are, whether any of the customers could give me trouble, etc.

Then I switch it around and think, "If somebody in line with me suddenly pulled a gun and announced he was robbing the place, how would I react? Can I reach any particular person immediately? Can I get my knife out in time to surprise him? Can I take cover behind that display over there and sneak out the exit?"

I'm sure that somebody, somewhere, has started a similar train of thought and decided, "Ah, what the heck. Let's find out! NOBODY MOVE! THIS IS A ROBBERY!"

Some crimes, such as the most infamous bank shootout in history, seemed to be perpetrated solely because the bad guys WANTED to get caught and gunned down.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:43:21 PM EDT
[#15]
Well, lets see here.......

I dont have shit, I have never had shit, I don't care about shit, I can get away with it.    

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:

Usually? Women.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:46:08 PM EDT
[#17]
[Honey Bunny] Any of you cocksuckers move and I'll execute every mother-fucking last one of you!!! [/ Honey Bunny]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:47:00 PM EDT
[#18]
You guys are going WAY overboard with this.

It's the same reason people go on a killing spree.
They decided they want to kill themselves, but before they go, they are going to take some mofo's with em. Or rob a bank, or whatever.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:50:46 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
[Honey Bunny] Any of you cocksuckers move and I'll execute every mother-fucking last one of you!!! [/ Honey Bunny]

Be cool, Honey Bunny, be cool.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:05:00 PM EDT
[#20]
I always wondered if some of these guys put "rob bank" in their daily planners or something.  And I'd bet they have a hard time sleeping the night before the robbery, just like I've had the night before a big meeting or job interview or something.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:08:24 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
You guys are going WAY overboard with this.

It's the same reason people go on a killing spree.
They decided they want to kill themselves, but before they go, they are going to take some mofo's with em. Or rob a bank, or whatever.

Every prudent man has a "list" in case this scenario comes to pass.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:10:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Vincent Hanna: I don't know how to do anything else.
Neil McCauley: Neither do I.
Vincent Hanna: I don't much want to either.
Neil McCauley: Neither do I.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:11:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

Crime isnt what it used to be is it.  Its all a bunch of spur of the moment acts it seems.  I dont think I have heard of a "planned" bank heist since the N. Holywood Shootout.. and you see where that went.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:21:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:23:21 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who would rob a restaurant?

That's the beauty of it.

(Eyes his Glock and thinks about the Waffle House down the street..........)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:26:24 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Who would rob a restaurant?

That's the beauty of it.

(Eyes his Glock and thinks about the Waffle House down the street..........)

5 Years in the Pin for $17 and a greasy napkin... No thanks..
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:30:41 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

5 Years in the Pin for $17 and a greasy napkin... No thanks..

Why do you have to ruin everything?
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top