Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 6:39:25 PM EDT

Malaysian Kuah Mershel, daughter of a bonsai cultivator, holds the smallest of her miniature bonsai at her residence in Kuala Lumpur August 24, 2005. These miniature bonsai from a local species known as 'water jasmine' measure 22mm. REUTERS/Kamarulzaman Russali

In this artist rendering provided by Destination Grand Canyon, a glass skywalk is shown extending from the Grand Canyon. An American Indian tribe with land along the canyon is planning to build a glass-bottomed walkway that will jut out 70 feet from the canyon's edge. The skywalk, expected to open in January, is part of the Hualapai Tribe's $40 million effort to turn 1,000 acres of reservation land into a tourist destination that will also feature an Indian village and Western-themed town. (AP Photo/Destination Grand Canyon)

Portuguese bullfighter Francisco Calado (2nd R), head of the 'forcado' group, hugs the bull's head and horns helped by teammate (R) during a show in Caldas da Rainha bullring in central Portugal, August 13, 2005. Bull tackling, a mixture of sport, spectacle, high testosterone machismo, male bonding and, some say, art, the rough-and-tumble event is as unique to Portugal as port wine or codfish ice cream. Wearing traditional stocking cap, short jacket and breeches, a forcado jumps on a bleeding bull's head as it charges him, while the other seven team members pile onto the animal until it is immobilized. 'We know that it's a very dangerous affair where we run the risk of death, but that is part of the Latin way of life,' said Jose Fernando Potier, head of the National Association of Forcado Groups. REUTERS/Jose Manuel Ribeiro

A three-week-old Assamese Macaque baby sucks its finger in the zoo in Shanghai August 2, 2005 as it is held by a zoo keeper after its zoo-born mother lost the ability to feed the baby. Macaques are native to Asia and Northern Africa, but thousands are housed in research facilities, zoos, wildlife or amusement parks, and are kept as pets in private homes throughout the world. REUTERS/Aly Song

A higher-than-usual number of hurricanes are expected to slam into the United States this year, a leading hurricane forecaster said on Monday, threatening areas trying to rebuild from last year's devastating storms. A London-based storm forecaster, raised its outlook for hurricane activity in the Atlantic this year by 30 percent from its July outlook on the expectation of higher-than-normal sea temperatures and winds in the region. Cars sit underwater at a dealership after flooding occurred following the remnants of Hurricane Dennis in Lithia Springs, Georgia, July 11, 2005. (Tami Chappell/Reuters)

A man looks at the damage caused to an airplane at the Kendall-Tamiami Airport after Hurricane Katrina struck Miami, August 26, 2005. Hurricane Katrina killed four people, cut power to 2.4 million and left Florida's densely populated southeast coast littered on Friday with branches and fallen trees. REUTERS/Carlos Barria

A US soldier of Delta Company, Task Force 4-64 Armor guards during a traffic control mission, as part of Operation Thunder in Karadah district in Baghdad. General Richard Myers expressed concern about a 'growing gap' between the US public's perception of the war on Iraq and that of the troops fighting it.(AFP/Liu Jin)

An orangutan plays on water skis at an event marking 100 days to the Asia-Pacific Economic Cooperation meeting in Pusan, southeast of Seoul, August 10, 2005. The APEC meeting will be held in Pusan in November.  REUTERS/Yonhap
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:41:14 PM EDT
[#1]

No fucking way I'm gonna go out on that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:42:39 PM EDT
[#2]

w00t !!!

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:47:26 PM EDT
[#3]

* Ding * Ding * Ding *

50 Cal! Getcher 50 Cal! Come'n get it!

* Ding * Ding * Ding *
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:48:51 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Adapted by ME!

The Democratic Party's Best hope for the 2020 Presidential Election.

Senator Kennedy in shown enjoying water skiing during the summer break…
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:56:49 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:02:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:04:47 PM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

My thoughts exactly. In fact, my asshole's puckering just looking at that pic.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:12:10 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

Quoted:

... my only phobia and "fear" I have in my life is that of heights. I love the Grand Canyon, the sheer cliffs exhilarate and tantalize my emotions in a supercharged way. Pure fear, but facing it, kinda thing.

... I'll be all over this shit, may take a couple stiff drinks, but I'll be among the first to post pictures hear
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:15:59 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:18:24 PM EDT
[#10]

Quoted:
w00t !!!

+1

a double monkey Pics In The News post!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:18:48 PM EDT
[#11]
Very cool and interesting photos, JR..thanks!

HH
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:28:14 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050826/capt.ny12808260249.canyon_tourism_ny128.jpg

... my only phobia and "fear" I have in my life is that of heights. I love the Grand Canyon, the sheer cliffs exhilarate and tantalize my emotions in a supercharged way. Pure fear, but facing it, kinda thing.

... I'll be all over this shit, may take a couple stiff drinks, but I'll be among the first to post pictures hear

Come on now,
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:59:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Thanks for the pics!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:16:21 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
us.news3.yimg.com/us.i2.yimg.com/p/ap/20050826/capt.ny12808260249.canyon_tourism_ny128.jpg

Just dont jump up and down on that thing and you should be ok
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:16:38 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

... pictures hear

Come on now,

.. Hey, fcuck you!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:21:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:40:53 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

If they offer bungee jumping, I'm in.  

Pansies!!!

... Not THAT would take a couple more than a FEW drinks!
(you have bigger balls than me if you ever did that)
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:49:28 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:12:39 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

In this artist rendering provided by Destination Grand Canyon, a glass skywalk is shown extending from the Grand Canyon. An American Indian tribe with land along the canyon is planning to build a glass-bottomed walkway that will jut out 70 feet from the canyon's edge. The skywalk, expected to open in January, is part of the Hualapai Tribe's $40 million effort to turn 1,000 acres of reservation land into a tourist destination that will also feature an Indian village and Western-themed town. (AP Photo/Destination Grand Canyon)

There is NO FRIGGIN WAY you could get me to walk on that. Give me a chute an let me base jump off it yeah, but there is no way I would be able to walk a complete loop on that without peeing my pants.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:24:30 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

If they offer bungee jumping, I'm in.  

Pansies!!!

Let me predict there will be at least one suicide/death within the first year of it being open.

I crawled to the edge of the Grand Canyon when I was there.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:40:29 AM EDT
[#21]
Strangly enough it's not the height that gets me. Although that's part of it. I think it's more a fear of edges than the heights themselves. Now if that thing was made of iron lattice work I would have more "trust" in it and could walk it. You know, something to hang on to.

But glass with a glass floor. NO EFF'N WAY. Like he said, I'd pee my pants out there.

Now I've always liked the idea of bungee jumping and basejumping but have never tried it. I don't think I would be as frightened because I have "saftey" equipment.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 4:59:54 AM EDT
[#22]
I couldn't even get to the edge before going out on it. I get woozy looking out a window when I'm 20 stories up in a highrise! Weird though considering I enjoy flying. Just not too fond of the take off or landings though but I love looking out the window at 35,000 on a clear day.
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:12:52 AM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:

You got that right! It gives me the willies just thinking about it.

AB
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 5:13:54 AM EDT
[#24]
I really don't know why it's called "fear of heights", when it is really "fear of falling"
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 8:42:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/27/2005 10:56:35 AM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

I couldn't agree with you more.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top