Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 4:55:04 PM EDT
I usually don't do chili during the warmer months, but I was heading to the grocery store today and got one hell of a craving, so here we go. I'll play Emeril.

Nearly four pounds of hamburger meat. Hurricane is coming, and I want plenty left over. If I get called in to work, there won't be time to cook.

MMMMM Bell peppers. Need I say more?

Everything else that's going into the pot.

I know it's not right for me to use these, I should make my own, but I don't know how and didn't have that much time. Ya gotta race what ya brung to the track.

Coming along nicely. I drained the grease cuz it makes Mrs gorilla not feel well. Back during my single days, well, lets just say grease adds flavor.

Yes! BEANS! 3 kinds of em. You godless heathen bastards who don't put beans in your chili...well, I prayed for you today, and God says I'm gonna be OK, even with all these beans, but he's pretty sure you're fucked.

Damn, that smells good. all we gotta do now is turn the stove on Low and let it sit for a couple of hours.

Dinner is served! Damn that's good stuff. I prefer "Burn your balls" hot, but Mrs gorilla don't do spicy stuff , and I'm sure as hell not gonna tell her to stuff it.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:56:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Beans
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:58:26 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
Beans

YOU GO TO HELL! YOU GO TO HELL AND YOU DIE!!!!(likes beans in his chili)

ETA:
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:59:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Mmmm, Kidney beans
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:00:37 PM EDT
[#4]
looks good excet the beans, and the peppers ! lol

i'm a picky eater !
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:04:08 PM EDT
[#5]
   DAMN!   Pass me a bowl would you, that looks good.   A bowl of meaty bean chile and some crusty homemade bread and real butter.  

I like to cook, but there's 2 recipes that I can't get right.  That's chile and the other is chicken and dumplings.

I guess it's my northern upbringing.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:04:37 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
looks good excet the beans, and the peppers ! lol

i'm a picky eater !

You like Chili Sauce then?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:06:49 PM EDT
[#7]
Where are you in Florida, Bro? I was in Ft Myers for 30 years. Chilli looks damn good, maybe you should have used venison
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:09:16 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:
Where are you in Florida, Bro? I was in Ft Myers for 30 years. Chilli looks damn good, maybe you should have used venison

Tallahassee. I would have used venison, but I'm STILL waiting on my deer to come back from processing from last year. I guess I can't complain, it was dressed and processed for free, as a job on the side. I just wish he'd speed it up a little. Fucker probably ate it all.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:12:25 PM EDT
[#9]
Yum!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:14:21 PM EDT
[#10]
mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:17:15 PM EDT
[#11]
make my Chili pot with only one standard ingredient,Beer whatever added after is just imagination,luck and season to taste enjoy it's hearty comforting worth.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:20:35 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:
Beans

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:22:35 PM EDT
[#13]
THe only peppers I dare put into chili are jalepenos and cayennes...

Other than that, it looks good!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Tallahassee. I would have used venison, but I'm STILL waiting on my deer to come back from processing from last year. I guess I can't complain, it was dressed and processed for free, as a job on the side. I just wish he'd speed it up a little. Fucker probably ate it all.

How the hell do you wait a year for a deer to get processed??

Great looking pot of chili dude.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:35:03 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Whoa there dude after about a month I woulda been over there beating his door down. All the while yelling "GIMME MY VENISON YOU BASTAGE".
After 2 months I would taken his wife and kids hostage.

But hey thats just me, and I process my own venison.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top