Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/26/2005 4:23:12 PM EDT
Will your driver's license still work? Do you need a passport now?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:26:22 PM EDT
[#1]
DL is fine. I've never needed more
although seeing how the address on my license is within 30 miles of the border that likely helps
might want a second picture ID just to be safe
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:29:35 PM EDT
[#2]
DL is fine if you are driving over the border.  I would use a passport if flying.  I forgot my passport when I flew, and it caused me to get sent into the immigration office for a million questions.

Next year you will be required to use a passport driving or flying.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:50:30 PM EDT
[#3]
We'll be driving... My 2nd form of picture ID is my CCH.. i wonder how the Canucks will react
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:03:29 PM EDT
[#4]
I take my DL and my birth certificate.

I need to take some time to go get a passport.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:14:10 PM EDT
[#5]
i have a girlfriend who lives in canada and the past month we've criss crossed the border several times with no problem but it may help that i'm a state C.O. since i have my DL and state ID.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top