Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 7/18/2001 12:12:00 PM EDT
Okay boys and girls, botton line it for me- Should I buy a flat-top upper receiver, or one with the sights and the carrying handle? My main use would be varmint hunting/target shooting. Are the receivers with the handle more difficult to shoot with the addition of a scope, and if so do those slip on cheek pieces help? I figure the price is the same either way so that isn't a factor.
Link Posted: 7/18/2001 12:22:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Since you mention your primary use as varmint hunting I would opt for the A3 version as there are many more scope mounting options and more types of mounts available than for the A2 w/ carry handle.

I have owned an A2 w/ scope and cheek piece but it never felt right to me.  Flat tops are much more suited for optics and I have better accuracy as the scope is closer to line of sight on the weapon.

You could just solve your dilemma by getting an upper with the removable carry handle.  This way you could experiement and arrive at what is best for you.

Link Posted: 7/18/2001 1:22:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Flat top!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top