Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Posted: 8/26/2005 12:02:22 PM EDT
I was taking him for a walk, he was on a leash as usual.

my buisness is in a heavy industrial area, and we have 2 groups of hippie types that dont live here who have made it there mission to set up a welfare state and throw of the balance of nature by coming here 2 times a day to feed the ferrel cats. No kind of spayed or neutered action here just keep em breeding, needless to say, the neighborhood is over run w/ferrel cats..

now im no fan of cats in fact i think i hate them, well i know i do but that's a nother story.
the cat people have these plastic storage bins set on there side so the cats can eat in the shade.., which makes for a great place to use up all of your 9 lives ..

so my dog and I dont see "kitty fresh" chillen' in the shade until  it's too late..cat tries to make a move, dog reacts..clamp down, death shake..3, 2, 1 dead cat.

in reality it probably took a minute for the cat to give up the ghost, which was strange/ allmost sad to watch it struggle to save it's life. I think if it wasnt a cat i might have felt bad...

but I had to spend $80. at the vet for some anti-biotic shots, and my dog got some scratches on his cheek

Im not shur why im sharing this story..opening myself up for cat lover attacks, but besides that it was wild to see it happen , and hippie cat lovin people are crazy

sarge? got my 6

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:04:43 PM EDT
[#1]

Quoted:

sarge? got my 6

No, no I don't.

You refused to control your dog and it killed a cat for no reason.  Not that I care much for strays, but you shouldn't let the cat suffer like that.

Sgatr15
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#2]
You suck and so does your dog.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:05:33 PM EDT
[#3]
the cat came close enough that your dog on a leash could still get to it?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:05:46 PM EDT
[#4]
Police dog?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:08:28 PM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:08:54 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:
Im not shur why im sharing this story..opening myself up for cat lover attacks, but besides that it was wild to see it happen...

Actually, it sounds like you posted this to invite controversy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:09:53 PM EDT
[#7]
[dpmmn]September 2004[/dpmmn]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:10:09 PM EDT
[#8]
yeah there are so many of them here it's pure stats. that this is gonna happen  thay are behind every corner or not..too many cats

and my dog was on a 6 foot leash, when the cat jumped out of no where
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:10:17 PM EDT
[#9]
One down, about 6 billion to go.  You have to get busy.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:12:17 PM EDT
[#10]
A neighborhood tomcat (don't know that it belonged to anyone - didn't have a collar) climbed over the fence of our yard and was mauled by my 100 lb Malamute and 75lb German shepherd.

Wife and I pulled the dogs off as soon as we heard the ruckus and saw it was badly wounded, put it in the car and headed to the emergency vet clinic. They said it had massive internal injuries, was going into shock, might be able to save it, but could cost thousands. We felt bad, but had no choice but to let them euthanize. I know it had no business in our yard - but I still hate to see animals suffer unnecessarily.

Sometimes there is just nothing you can do. Our dogs are great around humans, kids and all, but small non-canine animals just seem to put them into instant predator mode. They have killed a possum and skunk that came into the yard as well as numerous rodents and birds.

All you can do is ensure the animals suffer as little as possible, control yours as much as possible. I respect those who hunt that follow this same belief. Kill, if you must, but minimize suffering. Sometimes these events are unavoidable.
I use pepper spray to minimize encounters with strays or unleashed pets when walking my dogs, who are almost always on a leash, this works quite well without permanent harm.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:12:47 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Im not shur why im sharing this story..opening myself up for cat lover attacks, but besides that it was wild to see it happen...

Actually, it sounds like you posted this to invite controversy.

I never saw A dog kill a cat start to finish and it was just one of those things..that made an impression on me...so i shared
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:13:42 PM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

and my dog was on a 6 foot leash, when the cat jumped out of no where

Looks like self defense to me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:13:58 PM EDT
[#13]
At the least you should have stopped the cats suffering.

Sgat15
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:16:53 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Sgat15

+1

You could have tried to make the best out of a bad situation you caused and maybe even invited/hoped for.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:18:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

well you asked...when i was able to pull the 2 apart which was not easy...
the cat was dispached by my brother..i'll leave out the details

im not a budding serial killer, and didnt enjoy seing it, just made an impression on me

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:21:55 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Sometimes there is just nothing you can do. Our dogs are great around humans, kids and all, but small non-canine animals just seem to put them into instant predator mode. They have killed a possum and skunk that came into the yard as well as numerous rodents and birds.

+1
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:25:08 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Sgat15

+1

You could have tried to make the best out of a bad situation you caused and maybe even invited/hoped for.

how dont take my dog for a walk??

or get rid of all the ferel cat's myself?

maybee ask the cat people to stop there welfare state?

i've called animal control more than once, cats it seems are "free range" and dont need to be accountable
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:25:14 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:25:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Why do we keep getting these moronic threads?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

well you asked...when i was able to pull the 2 apart which was not easy...
the cat was dispached by my brother..i'll leave out the details

Good enough then.

Sgat1r5
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:11 PM EDT
[#21]

Quoted:
I think if it wasnt a cat i might have felt bad...

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:28:39 PM EDT
[#22]
i called animal control to scoop the carcas, told them what happened ,they were very courteous, and acknowledged the cat problem

the officer said i had a nice lookin dog
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:33:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Why can't you just get rid of the cat food? I would hate to have a bunch f ferral cats roaming around the house or work.

Not that I advocate it, but if the problem is out of control it might be time to bait and poison.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:50:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Dog 1,..cat 0. That's life on planet Earth. The world keeps spining, & another cat allowed to run free suffers the price of freedom from human safety. I'll never shed a tear for a cat. If it were a dog that ran lose, that got run over, I'd feel the same way. Their animales in our world, & need to be tended to. The world doesn't suffer fools.

Domesticated animals that aren't watched over can expect a fools death.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:55:15 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

Quoted:

is there a problem being honest here?
or should i shut up, so not to offend anyone?
it's a statement of truth...so what..

PC culture is everywhere...even here
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:56:05 PM EDT
[#26]

I dont have a problem with it as long as you or the dog ate the cat after it was dead.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:56:36 PM EDT
[#27]
What no pics im done with this thread
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:57:31 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

is there a problem being honest here?
or should i shut up, so not to offend anyone?
it's a statement of truth...so what..

PC culture is everywhere...even here

I don't know how long ya been here, but the trick is to develope thick skin. It doesn't really matter what you say here, someone will take offense 99% of the time, & then those who back them will join in to help their buddy out.

Sometimes I think the reason so few people ever leave ARFcom is because they can't stand to leave their buddies behind, just like the Greek soilders.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:59:38 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Why can't you just get rid of the cat food? I would hate to have a bunch f ferral cats roaming around the house or work.

Not that I advocate it, but if the problem is out of control it might be time to bait and poison.

then I wind up getting arested for animal cruelty...

and ive tried to remove the food but these people are organised, 2 groups who operate twice a day..thats 4 food deliveries a day!!
WTF
get a life
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:00:25 PM EDT
[#30]
Couple of questions.

What breed is your dog?

Do you have a real, fixed length leash or one of those reel things?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:01:46 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:
Quoted:

and ive tried to remove the food but these people are organised, 2 groups who operate twice a day..thats 4 food deliveries a day!!
WTF
get a life

You could be at the "bait" stations with your dog on a leash 4 times a day, & let your dog eat the food while they watch.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:04:45 PM EDT
[#32]

Quoted:

What breed is your dog?

Korean chow?

Chinese pug?

Vietnamese retriever?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:04:48 PM EDT
[#33]
"He killed, he dies." - Auda abu Tayi
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:06:41 PM EDT
[#34]
Take your dog back out and let him off the leash.  Make sure you have a video camera rolling.  Once you have enough videoes you could make THOU$AND$ selling them on the Internet.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:07:58 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

WTF
get a life

You could be at the "bait" stations with your dog on a leash 4 times a day, & let your dog eat the food while they watch.

I dont want my dog near those diseased vermen..flea and tic transportation devices..

I shur as hell dont want him to get into a habit of eating there num num's...
I stay away as much as possible but the sheer numbers make that , impossible

honestly im mad my dog got scratched...

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:11:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Quoted:
Couple of questions.

What breed is your dog?

Do you have a real, fixed length leash or one of those reel things?

he is an "old family red" irish american like myself

and he was on a fixed length leash w/ a pinch collar..so i can keep him from killing cats!!

unless they are unlucky and or stupid or let there guard down, enjoying the welfare goodness
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:13:20 PM EDT
[#37]
ferral cats are PESTS.  

take you dog to the vet and get him patched up. After that get him a pound of his favorite treats.  

you pooch did your city a service pat him on the head for me.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:13:28 PM EDT
[#38]
'in for cat lovers

Boo hoo $80 in shots

My cat would have torn your dogs head off

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:18:25 PM EDT
[#39]

Quoted:
ferral cats are PESTS.  

take you dog to the vet and get him patched up. After that get him a pound of his favorite treats.  

you pooch did your city a service pat him on the head for me.

bought him a whole chicken...(he eats better than me)

and pat on head has been issued...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:20:09 PM EDT
[#40]
hmm now that i think about it. If the kittah's are ofer running the place.
might i suggest a small investment. In....

NVG's
a scoped pellet rifle
or a scoped bolt action 22 and a box of corbi's?

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:20:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:26:37 PM EDT
[#42]

Quoted:
'in for cat lovers

Boo hoo $80 in shots

My cat would have torn your dogs head off

img.photobucket.com/albums/v625/akethan/2003_0109sarge0005.jpg

lol at the pic,  i got no beef with house cats.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:27:02 PM EDT
[#43]
What kind of dog was it?

[flame suit on]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:38:38 PM EDT
[#44]
bring on the hate...he is a great dog, best one ive had the pleasure of living with

sorry about the lip stick

heres his war face

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:46:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:47:45 PM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
bring on the hate...he is a great dog, best one ive had the pleasure of living with

tinypic.com/b6zwiw.jpg

heres his war face

tinypic.com/b6zwpi.jpg

Where's your twin brother?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:49:22 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:

Quoted:

tinypic.com/b6zwiw.jpg

heres his war face

tinypic.com/b6zwpi.jpg

he took the pic..

he aslo dispached the cat
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:50:20 PM EDT
[#48]

Quoted:

Digging a hole Nevermind, animal control scopped up the vermin

T_I, you ever get your S&W 1911?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#49]
I watch your show. Pretty cool

Glad to see you're a gun lover.

I had a Golden Retreiver that killed most of my neighbor's cats, rabbits whatever was running around on our 11 acres.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:51:26 PM EDT
[#50]

The only way he could have fixed the situation probably would have landed him felony animal cruelty charges....NOT worth it!

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 2
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top