Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 7:16:12 AM EDT
Was patrolling my area yesterday when I come across this?   Guy told me it took him about and hour and a half with spray paint.  

Pic is from my camera phone.  

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:18:44 AM EDT
[#1]
LOL, I had a truck like that one time, but it was a 71 Ford.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:19:58 AM EDT
[#2]
If that was my car, I would swear that was vandalisim.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:21:46 AM EDT
[#3]
God bless Texas. Oh well, at least it's just a ricer.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:21:47 AM EDT
[#4]
I'd have to draw-down on that ...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:26:05 AM EDT
[#5]
There is an Idiot who did that with a Chevy Cavalier in my town(but it was a proffessional paintjob) it had the ground effects the whole deal, I though, Crap he ain't taking that downa dirt road with ripping the Glass off his bumpers, let alone into the woods!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:28:44 AM EDT
[#6]
I've seen worse.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:31:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Has mismatched rims and tires too.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:31:43 AM EDT
[#8]
Can't beat the late 80's Dodge Caravan I saw the other night that was fully camo'd.  It was amazing - couldn't see if there was burlap over the headlights or not.  Except for the all around shiny windows and the dork driving it, it would have blended into a treeline like nobody's business.    

(Spotted on exit ramp #126 of I-40).
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:36:13 AM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:
Can't beat the late 80's Dodge Caravan I saw the other night that was fully camo'd.  It was amazing - couldn't see if there was burlap over the headlights or not.  Except for the all around shiny windows and the dork driving it, it would have blended into a treeline like nobody's business.    

(Spotted on exit ramp #126 of I-40).

Uh, he came from here apparently.  I-40 runs through conway and little rock and I've seen one here too.  Flat paint job that reminded me of a chalk board.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:02:17 AM EDT
[#10]

An acquaintence of mine painted one of his Neons (domestic, designed and made in the USA, so it isn't a rice burner...) olive drab green with a flat black hood.  Forever known as the Army Neon.

I actually like that color scheme on a Neon a lot.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:36:00 AM EDT
[#11]
I have seen that car on the SW side of Houston.

You should have written him for no front plate.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:45:41 AM EDT
[#12]
Around here, we let our vehicles camo themselves.

The roadsalt turns sheetmetal into rust, and the rust is really hard to see come fall

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:07:17 AM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
An acquaintence of mine painted one of his Neons (domestic, designed and made in the USA, so it isn't a rice burner...) olive drab green with a flat black hood.  Forever known as the Army Neon.

Ok, I understand getting a lightweight hood that can't be painted, but painting a standard metal hood flat black to make it look all high speed should be a crime punishible by walking for a year.

Unless the rest of the vehicle is OD of course
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:47:09 AM EDT
[#14]
There's a car in that pic?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:51:11 AM EDT
[#15]
What mall does he work security for?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:54:19 AM EDT
[#16]
What a monumentaly failed attempt at a camo paint job. My digital Jeep looks good....that looks...laughable!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:55:08 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:
What a monumentaly failed attempt at a camo paint job. My digital Jeep looks good....that looks...laughable!

Yes it does!!!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 10:57:48 AM EDT
[#18]
if your ever in san antonio, look on military drive for the impala convertible painted like the mexican flag with gold flake and all . makes the camo car look good
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:02:00 AM EDT
[#19]
2 hours, 5 cans of spray paint.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:03:53 AM EDT
[#20]
That looks ricer looks crappy.  Although some of the lines give me an idea.

I think it'd be cool to see a big truck or 4x4 done in camo flames.  Like a 6 color camo, but the colors in in hotrod style flames.  Or actually it could look like complete crap, so I'm not footing the bill.  50/50 on good idea or horrible idea.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:13:36 AM EDT
[#21]
MALLpat.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:22:03 AM EDT
[#22]
Coolest cmo job I've ever seen was my buddy Mike in San Diego...he had an 85-87 Toyota Corolla GTS hatchback painted desert camo with spray paint, with black wheels.

It was a drifting beast
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:22:29 AM EDT
[#23]
Why isn't the spare strapped to the roof?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 11:29:25 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

home.nc.rr.com/blueshockey77/truck.jpg

Looks pretty good. And easy to do!

What color are those stripes? Is it a tan or yellow? Hard to tell with my monitor
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:19:22 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

How can I write him when I didn't see him driving it!  

Plus 2 things:
1)  If you have to use spray paint to paint your car you probably don't have money for a citation.
2)  I don't write chicken shit tickets like no front plate unless they really make me mad.  
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:33:49 PM EDT
[#26]

Quoted:

Quoted:

How can I write him when I didn't see him driving it!  

Plus 2 things:
1)  If you have to use spray paint to paint your car you probably don't have money for a citation.
2)  I don't write chicken shit tickets like no front plate unless they really make me mad.  

You can't write a ticket for ugly?
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:38:51 PM EDT
[#27]

All that AND the stupid fucking wannabe 'racer' rims..  

Ohhhh boy    Where to start.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:14:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Looks pretty good. And easy to do!

What color are those stripes? Is it a tan or yellow? Hard to tell with my monitor

tan
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:19:16 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Ok, I understand getting a lightweight hood that can't be painted, but painting a standard metal hood flat black to make it look all high speed should be a crime punishible by walking for a year.

Unless the rest of the vehicle is OD of course

The hood was either carbon fiber or fiberglass, and I think he also replaced his fenders and trunk lid with fiberglass.  It was a pretty beat-up car when he bought it, and he specifically bought it to build it for some level of racing--I don't remember if it was bracket drag racing or what.  I think the hood was delivered primed in flat black, and that's the way he left it.  

I prefer cones (autocross) to to christmas trees (drag racing) so I didn't pay all that much attention to the whats and hows, but I did like the look of the car.

Jim
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:23:03 PM EDT
[#30]

Quoted:
Has mismatched rims and tires too.

I can't see what his tires are--I know guys who run "nice" rims on the street, and swap to steelies with fat drag tires on the drive wheels (front, in this case) when they are going to the track.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:30:37 PM EDT
[#31]

Quoted:

That would make a sweet hunting vessel.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top