Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 6:56:36 AM EDT
The email address they sent this to is ONLY used on monster.com, so I know damn good and well how they got my email address. This almost seems like a bad babelfish translation, or something.

----
THE BUSINESS OFFER FOR YOU
Work in the big foreign company

Hello! I am Mickle Johnson, a general manager of international company "Any Trans" and I have a favorable offer for you.

We render the services consisting in reception of payments from clients of the various companies when the client and the company are in the different countries. We save money of the companies - now the commission for the international transactions is not raised - the small commissions for transactions between two banks inside one country are raised only.

To open the representations in each country is rather problematic and, in some cases, unprofitably. Therefore we invite people to a post of the financial courier; which will carry out some functions: reception of money resources on their bank accounts and the further transfer it on our bank account in other regions. The thought over circuit allows us to save maximum on percent. It is necessary for you to have an account in Bank of America on which you will receive remittances. Your account should be activated for inside bank transactions. If you do not have an account in Bank of America, it is necessary for you to open it.

Today we suggest you to work with us on a post “the Financial courier”. Function of the financial manager is reception of money resources from the legal persons - clients of our company - and the further transferring to our representatives.

We pay high percent from each operation - 5 %. To work with us you should meet the following requirements: the majority, full capacity, an opportunity to make a bank operations, efficiency limiting accuracy at carrying out of operations Bank of America account (require, checkings).

It is your really favorably chance to earn!
Start to work right now! For the beginning with us you need to fill works only labour agreement

Get more details: http://www.any-trans.com/careers.php

Thanks for attention, yours faithfully, the general manager of company "Any Trans", Mickle Johnson
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:58:12 AM EDT
[#1]
"It is your really favorably chance to earn!"

I'd reply:  Hey Mickle!  Suck my pickle!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 6:59:44 AM EDT
[#2]
Scammers are like any other group. There are the industious ones, the self-starters, the followers, the merely adequate, the woefully inadequate. Then there are some too lazy to even try. I think yours is the final type.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:01:18 AM EDT
[#3]
"efficiency limiting accuracy"

There's a Six-Sigma Black Belt for you.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#4]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:10:22 AM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

OMG, my side hurts.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:12:41 AM EDT
[#6]
I subscribe to the Monster job alerts. A good percentage of what I get from them is crap like this. I don't think they care.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:13:46 AM EDT
[#7]

Quoted:

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:14:22 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:18:56 AM EDT
[#9]
monster is joke now, maybe it always was
every time you apply for a job they try to sign you up for some scam
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:19:24 AM EDT
[#10]
I keep running across thes things from time to time and I have to ask isn't there a branch of the Govt where something like this can be reported?   FBI or Tresuary dept?  It's ether a 419 scam or a money laundering operation. There has to be an internet fraud division somewhere that can at least warn a person to avoid something like this before they get taken and then complain to the police after is too late.
I run under the policy , There is no such thing as Free and if it looks too good to be true it is. That's kept me out of the scam  radar so far.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:19:33 AM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:

The mere mention of "Six Sigma" gives me douche chills...

<brrrrr>
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:21:03 AM EDT
[#12]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG, my side hurts.

hahahaha I just spit out my swallow of coke I just took
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:24:44 AM EDT
[#13]

I just spit out my swallow of coke I just took

Say that five times, real fast....
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:25:58 AM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:
Interestingly, unless they have hacked monster, they are likely paying $10k plus for a monster account.

Or monster.com sold my email address to somebody, who sold it to somebody else, who...

...it doesn't matter. Every website I give my email address to (even arfcom) is given a unique address. It's kind of amusing to see "privacy" statements completely ignored. I've learned alot about who spammers get email addresses from. Some times when I'm bored, I actually fight the spam. Most of the time, I just nuke the email address (sendmail virtualuser) they sent it to. Problem solved.

Arfcom is fine, btw. No spam to that address yet.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:26:12 AM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

I'll see your Six-Sigma, and raise you management that has a hard on for the "Toyota Way"

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:26:43 AM EDT
[#16]

Quoted:
I keep running across thes things from time to time and I have to ask isn't there a branch of the Govt where something like this can be reported?   FBI or Tresuary dept?  It's ether a 419 scam or a money laundering operation. There has to be an internet fraud division somewhere that can at least warn a person to avoid something like this before they get taken and then complain to the police after is too late.
I run under the policy , There is no such thing as Free and if it looks too good to be true it is. That's kept me out of the scam  radar so far.

[email protected]
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:27:17 AM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

Quoted:

OMG, my side hurts.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:29:24 AM EDT
[#18]
To open the representations in each country is rather problematic and, in some cases, unprofitably.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:36:00 AM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Interestingly, unless they have hacked monster, they are likely paying $10k plus for a monster account.

Or monster.com sold my email address to somebody, who sold it to somebody else, who...

...it doesn't matter. Every website I give my email address to (even arfcom) is given a unique address. It's kind of amusing to see "privacy" statements completely ignored. I've learned alot about who spammers get email addresses from. Some times when I'm bored, I actually fight the spam. Most of the time, I just nuke the email address (sendmail virtualuser) they sent it to. Problem solved.

something that somtimes works is adding "+sitename" after your username and before the @ when putting your email address in the field. the + part is ignored
read it in one of my computer magazines a few years ago and it worked for me from some sites
although now that I have 100+ gmail invites between my 3 gmail accounts I could just do that
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 7:50:22 AM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

something that somtimes works is adding "+sitename" after your username and before the @ when putting your email address in the field. the + part is ignored
read it in one of my computer magazines a few years ago and it worked for me from some sites
although now that I have 100+ gmail invites between my 3 gmail accounts I could just do that

I own my mail server, so I do things a little different. This works every time. Let's say my email address is [email protected], and I want to sign up at xyz.com. I ssh into the server real quick, and create a virtual user named [email protected]. As expected, normal mail from xyz.com is addressed to [email protected]. When I start getting spam to that address, I have two choices: Complain to xyz.com to try and resolve it, or just nuke the virtual user. I usually do the later.

The benefit of doing it this way, is that all mail arrives in the same mailbox. There's no need to check hundreds of mailboxes. I also don't have a spam problem, and haven't for a very long time using this method. Works like a charm!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:44:39 AM EDT
[#21]

Domain Name: ANY-TRANS.COM

Registrant:
   Trans
   Byrgazov Vladimir Viktorovich        ([email protected])
   Marata 25 str.
   Yst-Ilimsk
   Yamalo-Nenetskiyavtonomnyyokrug Jamalo-Nenetskijavtonomoyjokrug,666683
   RU
   Tel. +7.3953557127

Creation Date: 18-Aug-2005  
Expiration Date: 18-Aug-2006

Domain servers in listed order:
   ns1.suspended-domain.com
   ns2.suspended-domain.com

Administrative Contact:
   Trans
   Marata 25 str.
   Yst-Ilimsk
   RU
   Tel. +7.3953557127

Technical Contact:
   Trans
   Marata 25 str.
   Yst-Ilimsk
   RU
   Tel. +7.3953557127

Billing Contact:
   Trans
   Marata 25 str.
   Yst-Ilimsk
   RU
   Tel. +7.3953557127

Note: This Domain Name is Suspended. In this status the domain name is
   InActive and will not function.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top