Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/26/2005 3:40:29 AM EDT
Hey Guys,

Time for me to grow up and buy a house.. I've put together a small downpayment and think I'm ready to start looking for a lender. What's the best was to go about doing it? I'm looking for a fixed interest rate loan, none of that hokey "nterest Only"or creative lending bullshit.

Should I just go to my bank?

Thanks,

Dave
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:00:32 AM EDT
[#1]
BankRate is a good place to start to get an
idea of what range you should be looking in.

Quoted:
I'm looking for a fixed interest rate loan, none of that hokey "nterest Only"or creative lending bullshit.

Way to take options off the table and to
potentially waste money...
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:04:15 AM EDT
[#2]
LendingTree.com

When banks compete for your business, you win!

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:07:48 AM EDT
[#3]
Dave,

Do not start jumping all over the net and handing out your SSN.

I am in Livonia. I am a Real Estate Broker. IM me with some contact info, I can help. I got 2 good people depending on what your needs are who can take care of you. Also finding you a home as well.

You are right, for our area, for our trend here in MI, I would advise against an interest only loan as well.

Should I just go to my bank?

There are a few 'depends on's' with that question.

I wouldn't go out of the area for  a mortgage. No matter what anyone promises....Beware of those who may over promise and underdeliver. How do you find that out? Referrals.

If someone is not 100%, you will enver know if you do it alone...All people do is advertise how great they are in this line of work, no one advertises the mistakes and the extra costs associcated with their business....Referrals tell you that.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:14:14 AM EDT
[#4]
Go find a mortgage broker.  I used one; they even beat USAA's best offer.  And, they will usually go to the closing to be one more advocate on your side.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 4:31:48 AM EDT
[#5]
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top