Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 11:33:38 PM EDT
Here in Miami, about 3 miles SE of MIA, Katrina came in about 5pm almost like a typical noreaster, but she just started getting stronger and stronger, about 1730 I lost power, flashlights AR-15, just 2 30 rounders my SW99 also with 2 15 rounders and just hunkered down, this time with a battery powered TV. Katrina was no joke howling like a madwoman, my mom lives in the same comlplex so I even ventured out to check up on her. About the worst time was 2100 tree branches, exit signs, sh%^load of rain whipped up to a frenzy I estimated maybe 70 mph winds. One good thing I hadda a hot sammich and fries just before my date with Katrina so I was not wanting, nothing better than a full stomach before a crisis (haha).Lots of people driving around though, dodging trees and debris. the rain has stopped gusty winds now cleared all debris around my property and cars and I got power back about 0200....
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:44:32 PM EDT
[#1]
I'm glad everything is okay in So. FL, you folks down there need the rain. The Everglades is literally drying up because of the lack of rain. Actually it's the intrusion of salt water where there is usually fresh water, and it is killing many of the mangrooves.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 5:19:08 AM EDT
[#2]
Had my power restored about 0200, only one car killed by a fallen tree in my neighborhood things are slowly coming back to some normalcy, wind can be felt still from the south west and indication that the system is to our northwest....
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top