BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Posted: 8/25/2005 10:13:18 PM EDT
19 Charged for Gang Violence in Maryland
ASSOCIATED PRESS
August 25, 2005
www.lasvegassun.com/sunbin/stories/nat-gen/2005/aug/25/082509788.html
GREENBELT, Md. (AP) - Nineteen men were charged in a federal racketeering indictment that accuses them of killings and other violent crimes as members of the MS-13 gang.

The indictments released Thursday say the men committed shootings, kidnappings and other gang-related crimes from April 2003 through June of this year. Six people were slain and gang members allegedly attempted to kill five others.

Montgomery County police arrested 12 people this month after MS-13-related attacks in which six teens were stabbed at a high school and shopping mall. Prince George's County police are investigating possible MS-13 links to recent stabbings as well.

The federal indictment, which a grand jury handed up Tuesday, accuses the 19 men of violating federal racketeering law. It does not charge them with individual crimes such as homicide or assault.

MS-13, also known as Mara Salvatrucha, originated in Los Angeles among Central American immigrants. An estimated 10,000 MS-13 members are in the United States, many in the Washington suburbs, which have a large population of Central American immigrants.

Federal prosecutors said the gang divided into "cliques" that operated locally under the MS-13 name.

At least one of the men indicted in the federal case has been charged in state court with murder. Everec Alvarez Chacon allegedly helped kill a member of a rival gang last year. One MS-13 member has already been convicted of murder in that case, and another defendant pleaded guilty to lesser charges.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:28:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Sigline test
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:52:53 PM EDT
[#2]
How about a group buy on ammo?  

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:58:45 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:
How about a group buy on ammo?  

What is the best round for...Uh...nevermind
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:03:57 PM EDT
[#4]
I do not believe it.  My local Gov. said there are no gangs in my county.  That can't be, I refuse to belive it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:05:30 PM EDT
[#5]

The indictments released Thursday say the men committed shootings, kidnappings and other gang-related crimes from April 2003 through June of this year.

I guess homeland security really is getting serious about getting tough on the illegals
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top