Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 8/25/2005 6:22:02 PM EDT
I'll start;

Last week seen a guy bump-firing but that wasn't the funny part though.

I notice his brass flying on top of cars and a guy when up to him right away when he was done. Then the guy who bump-fired put a magazine in starting bump-firing again.

The guy who had approached earlier was standing in front of his truck batting the flying brass away from his truck with his bare hands. Damn that had to be hot knocking the brass away.

Feel sorry for the people who cars got hit but watching the guy protecting his truck brought a smile to my face.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:24:34 PM EDT
[#1]
340 pound guy trying to roll John Woo style shooting revolver class in a USPSA match.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:28:38 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
I'll start;

Last week seen a guy bump-firing but that wasn't the funny part though.

I notice his brass flying on top of cars and a guy when up to him right away when he was done. Then the guy who bump-fired put a magazine in starting bump-firing again.

The guy who had approached earlier was standing in front of his truck batting the flying brass away from his truck with his bare hands. Damn that had to be hot knocking the brass away.

Feel sorry for the people who cars got hit but watching the guy protecting his truck brought a smile to my face.

Thats hillarious the funniest thing I have seen was a year or so ago I went to the range and a couple bays down a guy had a new lady shooter (not bad looking either no pics sorry lol) and he takes her throught the normal safety speil and everything he started her on a 10/22 while he put a few down range with his g17. I looked over and saw her walking over and they were conversing about how she wanted to shoot the g17. He gives her the g17 and shes holding it gangster style and she pops off a round he stopped her immediatley to explain proper grip right when hes about to do that she interrupts him and said why do I have to shoot like you when I hit the bullseye and you didnt She apparently hit the bullseye first shot gangster style and he got embarrassed hardcore. I went over and bsed with him for awhile and she had to tell me the whole thing again lol.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:29:16 PM EDT
[#3]
At my club we have to make an apointment to fire full auto.  There is a guy who has an AC556 and he was at the range but only firing semi, some other dude was bump firing.  The saftey officer new the guy was there and figured it was him, ran out and tried to give him the "what for."  I didn't hear it (plugs in of course and I was at the other side of the line) the guy that was bump firing let loose behind the saftey officer, the look on his face was priceless.  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:31:00 PM EDT
[#4]
someone(accidentally I hope) locked one of the prop doors at the local IPSC club next
dude hit it so hard  t was a hollow core door he drove the front end of his gun into it  after he almost fell down the gun was still stuck in the door

Another guy at a IPSC match had something (im guessing the slide stop) break and his slide fall off as he was holstering after the   magzine out show clear and holster
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:32:18 PM EDT
[#5]
My wife popping .38spcl at a pay to play range.  Young kids acting punky in the next station, cutting up and being generally stupid.  None with hearing protection.  Hmmm.

Wife dumps the .38s for the .357s and goes to town - 6 shots, one after the other.  In the midst of the rounds, you hear "SHIT, WHAT THE HELL IS THAT!"  as they're running to get the hell outta there!

Didn't see them after that
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:33:14 PM EDT
[#6]
80+ Degrees out.

Some overweight fat body shows up.

Dressed head to toe in desert cammies.

Sleves down.

Has a clone M21 style rifle.

He wore a black winter style hat with a patch that said "Marines" on it, but the patch had the Ranger flare to it..

He had a K-Bar on his hip, some barreta hung low on his thiegh.

All he did was walk around with the rifle pointed upwards, unloaded, safety plug in.

We didnt see a car or other mode of transpo for him.

next time we looked up, he was gone.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:38:46 PM EDT
[#7]
I was at the range today with my son.

Deer season is approaching, and the Bubbas are begining to dust off their deer slayers and try to hit a paper pie plate at 25yds and call it good.

One of the Bubbas was out there today. He posted a target at 50yds and proceeded to sight in his slug gun. He was seated at the bench, and didn't have the shotgun pulled into his shoulder, and was seriously crowding his scope. The first shot had the gun bouncing off his shoulder, and the scope bit him but good. He had to stop shooting for a moment to tend to the bleeding.  Rather than call it quits, or simply hold the shotgun properly and back the hell away from the scope, he decided that it would be best to switch shoulders, and fired his second shot left handed with, yup, you guessed it, the exact same results. Now he has to sore shoulders and matching lacerations above each eye.

Where the hell is Darwin. This guy should recieve honorable mention, and should be followed closely, as I'm sure he will eventually be an award winner....probably by the end (or the very outset) of the hunting season
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:43:58 PM EDT
[#8]
Watching this guy so proudly shooting his POS Hi-Point rifle with a Mag Light hosed clamped on.
Also watching fat guys trying to move and shoot , take three steps gasp for air and sweat like a hog.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:44:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Was at an indoor shooting range, and hadn't started firing.  Well this particular indoor range will let you shoot a shotgun as long as you are only using slugs.  There was a sheriffs deputy at the range just generally acting like a jack ass.  Talking about how is glock was the best production gun ever made and how he could out shoot anyone with it.  He was going from lane to lane and just annoying the hell out of everyone.  So we were on live fire and this idiot says that he has shot enough that he doesn't even need ear plugs anymore.  OK fine so guy takes out his ear plugs and sits them on the table.  

This is where it gets good.  I happened to bring my 590da1 with me that day, and I just happened to wait until this guy proceeds to shoot with no earplugs on.  I got his timing down and just as he was squeezing a round off I let a three inch magnum slug go at the same time.   The guy literally throws his pistol away from him and into the line of fire.  We had to call cease fire just so this asshole could go retrieve his pistol after being scared/in pain because of the sound of a three inch slug in an indoor range.    
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:48:34 PM EDT
[#10]
I always laugh when I see a double-stack pistol's magazine do a "B52".

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:36:45 PM EDT
[#11]
Back about 15 years ago I was shooting at an indoor range.  I saw a deputy in full uniform come to the stall next to mine and put out a Q target at about 7 yards.  I had just finished firing my last magazine so I stood couple steps back to load my magazines and to see what the deputy could do with his S&W auto.  This range allowed LEO to shoot free so deputies frequently came in to shoot couple magazines before, during or after duty hours.  This one looked like he was going to go on duty.

He had one of those (then new) level III Safariland holster.  He grabed the pistol and un-did the thumb safety strap and the trigger guard safty but forgot to tilt the pistol back.  He yanked on the pistol and his pants came up half way to his chest but the pistol was still in the holster.  He pushes his pants back down and then grips the pistol again and pulls on it but it doesn't come out.  He yank hard again and his pants comes back half way to his chest.  He pushes his pants back down and then re-snaps both safty straps back on.  Then again he grips the pistol and un-do both safty straps and yanks HARD on the pistol and the pants come up to his chest again.  

I could not believe it, he spend maybe 10 minute or more trying to get his pistol out of the holster and he could not do it.  I didn't want to make the deputy feel like a dope and didn't want him to go out with a holster he didn't know how to operate so I acted like I didn't see anything.  I walked over to the deputy and asked him how he like his new holster (he said it was okay) and asked if he had gotten used to tilting the pistol to the rear to draw from it.  He looked at me with a little smile and said he is still trying to get used to it.  I just told him to have a good day and went back to my shooting.  Few minutes I can hear him shooting his pistol... unfortunately he couldn't hit shit at 7 yards.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:48:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Back in the olden days I was at a small range and there was a guy with his young son trying to hit clays that his son was throwing for him.  He couldn't hit the side of a barn form the inside.  He did manage to hit one of the birds with the wad.  I wanted to help him but he was too pissed off to want to listen to anybody.  Obviously the shotgun was a POS etc.  Another guy there was getting sick of listening to the guy so he asks if he can give it a try.  Guy say sure.  Kid starts thowing, the guy knocks off three in a row, hands the shotgun back to the owner and says "Nothing wrong with the gun.".
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:01:13 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
80+ Degrees out.

Sleves down.

He wore a black winter style hat with a patch that said "Marines" on it, but the patch had the Ranger flare to it..

All he did was walk around with the rifle pointed upwards, unloaded, safety plug in.

LOL i think i was there that day ZIT was that at the pit, if so i remember that guy. He had what looked like a jump case for his rifle, he had a cold weather knit cap, full BDU's combats boots the whole bit, this was a couple months ago, could have been the same guy just a different day. McM
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:03:23 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:04:06 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:

Quoted:
80+ Degrees out.

Sleves down.

LOL i think i was there that day ZIT was that at the pit, if so i remember that guy. He had what looked like a jump case for his rifle, he had a cold weather knit cap, full BDU's combats boots the whole bit, this was a couple months ago, could have been the same guy just a different day. McM

Ya, that was the day. I was talking to you under the canopy towards the end of the shoot, IIRC.

Dude had me laughing all the way back to Livonia.

Ziti, btw, not ZIT.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:05:30 PM EDT
[#16]
Many years ago at a range in California...

Two guys with accents are playing home defense with a TC contender. They were using the electric target puller to simulate a charging intruder at three yards. "Wait wait I'm not ready" as he's trying to load his next round
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:19:43 PM EDT
[#17]
This guy was cussing out his new scope, "piece of shit", etc. because he couldn't get it to hit center at 100 yards. My buddy goes over to help the guy... takes a look... the cross hairs were in an "X" pattern

We were cool with the guy though... got him situated and sighted in... and he was appreciative. The toughest part was trying not to laugh too hard about it the whole time
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:25:20 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
I could have frigging died of embarrassment.  

?!
Embaressment? I'd have laughed along! I've never actually managed to cut the damn line like that!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:28:04 PM EDT
[#19]
Guy with a bunch of friends (obviousl newbie shooters) are shooting. One friend is shooting a Mini-14. At the direction of the guy who owns the guns, the shooter is shooting a round, then hand-cycling the action.

Each 10rd mag got a total of 5 shots.

It would have been extra funny, but the ringmaster of this group muzzle-swept everyone at the range with two guns, twice, within a minute of each other during the range orientation with the rangemaster.

I'm surprised he wasn't kicked out, but then remembered that that particular rangemaster is generally just a dick to younger shooters.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:34:11 PM EDT
[#20]
Last time out, the range decided to burn itself down.

It was the darndest thing... I hear there was even video on the intarweb
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:39:18 PM EDT
[#21]
I saw a SBR on the range once. 11.5" AR.

You people might not think it's funny........but they ain't legal here

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:39:24 PM EDT
[#22]

Quoted:
Last time out, the range decided to burn itself down.

It was the darndest thing... I hear there was even video on the intarweb

You shoot in Waco?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:46:07 PM EDT
[#23]
How about the little old fella that showed up at the range with the 500 A-Square . . .

. . . pistol !

NOTE:  This is the no shit truth.  I was present and I am relating this to the best of my memory.  

An old friend of mine and I were out at the French Creek PA public range about 8 years ago.  French Creek was (is?)  a pretty nice range with about 12 100yard lanes, a 25 yard pistol range, and an area to shoot clays.  We were both  working over our Glock 23's and our hunting rifles . . . deer season was only a month away and all of us know that  it takes at least 3000 rounds for an ARFCommer to get "ready" for the hunting season.  At the time my main hunting  rifle was a 1943 Enfield No4 Mk1 that I had purchased at Boscov's for $40 . .  . man those were the good old days  .  

It was getting later in the afternoon and we were getting reay to pack our stuff up.  The range was getting crowded  and we both had our Ruger MkII's in the Jeep - we were getting ready to head out to our private hunting reserve and  bust some small game.  Then, about three lanes to our left, a little older fella starts bringing forward his rifle  cases and stacking them up at his station.  When he finished, he started unpacking his stuff and lo and behold - the  first case had what I remember to be an LAR Grizzly or some sort of single shot .50 cal.  At this point, all  shooting on the range had ceased - this rifle had pretty much grabbed the full attention of everyone on the range.

Before I go any furthur, let me describe this "little old fella".  He was about 5' 4" and weighted perhaps 120  pounds soaking wet before a good crap.  He appeared to be in his late sixties.  He had that particular hunched over  stance that told of a life spent working hard outdoors with his hands.  The top of his sunburned head was completely  bald, but there was a fringe of wild 2-3 inch long hair sticking out at the base of his skull and at his temples . .  . kind of a Woody Allen meets Friar Tuck sort of thing.  His clothes probably would have stood up by themselves if  he had taken them off . . . hygiene was definitely not on this guys list of priorities.  He had money (the new Range  Rover and expensive weaponry gave it away) but it was completely obvious to everyone assembled that this guy was a  real, all-American, true blue psycho.  Perhaps the clothes didn't denote insanity, but his constant  stream-of-consciousness conversation with himself just gave it away.  Here's a sample from memory:

HEHEHEHeeee . . . easy now . . . eeeeeasy . . . it's just a little punch and all the work's done . . .  *snicker**snicker* . . . slowly . . don't let little ol' me down . . . squeeze . . . fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck . . .  little more . . . . BBBBAAAARRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! (sound of .50 cutting loose) YOU  SONOFAMOTHERFUCKINSHITBIRDWHORE!!!!  A BULLET THE SIZE OF MY MOTHERFUCKIN THUMB AND YOU MISS (slaps rifle and scope)  WHY YOU LITTLE MOTHERFUCKINASSLICKINWHOREMONGERING PIECE OF SHIT I'm TRADING YOU FOR A SACKOFSHIT MARLIN!!! (throws  spent casing at target)

After a couple of rounds of this, he finally gave up and set the .50 aside.  He pulled out a slightly smaller case  and noticing that we were standing right behind him, signalled for us to step up and check out what was in the case.   Lying in the case, nestled in foam, was the most insane pistol that I had ever seen.

After talking to him for a few minutes we realized that this guy was absolutely fixiated with owning and firing the  most gonzo crazy assed pistols that money and insanity could buy.  500 Linebaugh wouldn't even get a rise out of him  . . . if it was designed for a pistol it was by definition boring.  The Thompson - Center was initially appreciated,  but soon lost its luster.  Then suddenly, while crushing .338 caliber bullets into a supermax load for one of his  SSK anti-aircraft pistols, he had the idea for the ultimate pistol that would lay it all to rest.  Forever. He immediately called his gunsmith (SSK??) and asked if they would build him a .50 BMG pistol.  They said (and I qoute) FUCK NO.   No one could shoot it and or even hold it up to fire it . . . they simple wouldn't even consider doing it.  The man  he spoke to on the phone JOKINGLY said that he should "limit himself to rounds that can fit into a Weatherby magnum  action".  He was joking, but the little old fella took him at his word.

Research soon showed him that the nastiest, most impressive, and dick stiffening round that could fit into the  mammoth Weatherby action was the 500 A Square - - - a .460 Weatherby Magnum necked up to take .50 BMG bullets.  He  called back his gunsmith and related his new plan.  The gunsmith (who by now had probably picked up in the fact that  this guy was a loon), told him that he would not build it because no one would or could shoot it.  No one (the  gunsmith stated) could fire such a device without permanent injury.  The little old fella promised proof and hung up  the phone,

The next day, he said, he visited his local gunsmith and ordered a braked .460 Weatherby magnum and 20 rounds of  ammo.  When it arrived, he said that he promptly whacked off the stock right after the pistol grip.  Donning a  football helmet and a PAST shooting glove, he proceeded to video tape himself cranking off 10 rounds from the bench  with this beast.  With his hand and elbow still numb (I'm guessing) he proceeded to mail the video to his gunsmith,  reiterating his idea for a 500 A Square pistol.

Six months later his local gunsmith called and said that he had received a package.  Upon inspection, the package  turned out to be a 500 A Square bolt action pistol.  It had a 16 inch long bull barrel with an integral brake in all  stainless.  The black fiberglass stock was reminiscent of the old Remington XP-100 with the pistol grip near the  center of gravity so that you could actually hold it up.  With the Leupold, it had to weigh at least 10 pounds.  It  was a single shot . . . you had to pull the bolt out of the rear to load it.

In the shipping box was a note.  The gunsmith stated that if received videotape proof of the weapon being actually  fired from a standing off-hand position, the gun was free.  Otherwise, there were instructions to contact him for  billing. The little old fella had never had the nerve to fire it yet and wanted to crank off a couple of rounds from the bench before he broke out the video camera.  We were his first audience.

So here we were on a gorgeous fall day, all staring at this beast.  The ammo came in a nice plastic box . . . I  really didn't believe the old guy until I saw those rounds.  It looked like something out of a freakin' A-10.  He  carefully pulled the bolt out and dropped a round in.  He slid the bolt home and applied the safety.

He tried to get situated on the bench, but it was too short for him to get into a position that he was comfortable  with.  He was obviously completely pant-shitting terrified of this weapon.  He knew that it was going to kick his ass into a new dimension of hurt, but it's hard to back out with 25 folks stand around eagerly awaiting your imminent demise.

I donated my field jacket for him to fold up under his elbow and one of the other folks present found a five gallon bucket for him to sit on to get far enough back from the bench.  With the front of the stock resting on a couple of shot bags, he took his position behind the monster.

AWFUCKAWFUCKAWFUCK . . . ITS GONNA HURT LIKE SHIT . . . easyeasy . . . <quiver in voice>. . . fuckin crazy ass gunsmiths . . . slow . . slow . . . awwwwwwwwwwww (finger tightening) WWWWWWWWWWW  . . . .

BAAARROOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMMMM!!!!!!!!!

Fire totally obscured the target and I could feel a punch from the shockwave from behind the old guy.  Shit was blow off of benches for two or three lanes on both sides of that massive brake.  The old fella was pushed clear off of the bucket and has lying on his back with the pistol in the dirt held in both hands above his head.  As the echoes of that shot were still ringing through the trees we all could hear the little old fella say . . .

". . . fuck that.  I'm paying for this bitch."

Everyone on the range nearly shit themselves laughing.. We laughed so hard that we couldn't even help the little old fella load up his Range Rover.  It was a solid hour before we trusted ourselves to drive.  

For years after that all one of us had to do was say "fuck that" in that little old fella tone of voice to send us into gales of laughter.  Sometimes the truth is MUCH stranger than fiction.

Disconnector
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:46:48 PM EDT
[#24]
Saw a guy before hunting season trying to zero a scope.  The scope was mounted backwards!

What was even funnier was that the guy had glasses with lenses that were about 3/4" thick!!!

I don't think it mattered which way the scope was mounted!!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:56:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 8:56:22 PM EDT
[#26]
I have too many after working at a range/shop for 6 years

Right now I was just remembering the time my wife took the full auto Maadi and shot down both cables, strings and carriers on the rifle range in one burst.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:00:54 PM EDT
[#27]
These happened years ago. A friend was shooting my pistol gripped shotty and kept "shouldering" it on his chin to sight down the barrel. After 3 shots he handed it back and said "I don't like that thing".

Another buddy was shooting his new Poly Legend for the first time. We were shooting at some exploding tartgets that they used to sell which needed a good hit to explode them. He had a pouch with 5 fully loaded 30 round mags and after missing with each mag, he'd move closer for the next. By the time he got to the last mag, he was pretty damn close. Being the smart ass I am, I yelled to him to just put the bayonet on and stab the SOB.

Another guy I know when handed a high cap pistol would shoot one round and then rack the slide, ejecting every other round into the dirt. You need a high cap if you do that.

Another time I saw a guy while getting ready to shoot a M11 9mm, drop to the ground and do a roll,  sweeping everyone behind him with his finger on the trigger. At the end of his roll and while on the ground he emptied the 30 round mag and missed the target completely. Dumb ass.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:04:11 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:
HEHEHEHeeee . . . easy now . . . eeeeeasy . . . it's just a little punch and all the work's done . . .  *snicker**snicker* . . . slowly . . don't let little ol' me down . . . squeeze . . . fuckfuckfuckfuckfuck . . .  little more . . . . BBBBAAAARRROOOOOOOOOOMMMMMMMMMMM!!!! (sound of .50 cutting loose) YOU  SONOFAMOTHERFUCKINSHITBIRDWHORE!!!!  A BULLET THE SIZE OF MY MOTHERFUCKIN THUMB AND YOU MISS (slaps rifle and scope)  WHY YOU LITTLE MOTHERFUCKINASSLICKINWHOREMONGERING PIECE OF SHIT I'm TRADING YOU FOR A SACKOFSHIT MARLIN!!! (throws  spent casing at target)

This is unusual in what way?

". . . fuck that.  I'm paying for this bitch."

Winner.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:06:43 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:

Quoted:
How about the little old fella that showed up at the range with the 500 A-Square . . .

. . . pistol !

NOTE:  This is the no shit truth.  

<snip>

Disconnector

You win!  

ETA:  Whenever a Southerner hauls out the "no shit truth" you know it's going to be GOOD!  

Amen, I saved that.

Thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:21:22 PM EDT
[#30]
I think i have meet that 500 A square guys brother   seriously......
meet a really weird old  guy at the tulsa gun show in 99  talking about a 458 winchster bolt pistol
this guy had a full head of hair
that said you win
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 9:38:30 PM EDT
[#31]
My dad shot the ceiling at the indoor range with my Kimber... What was really funny was watching him try to talk his way out of it..

" Ahhhhh.... Doubled up on me..........................."
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:26:45 PM EDT
[#32]
Over the years I've seen some funny shit .
Like an RO spending 10 min trying to get an
AK bolt to lock back .  Or a little Asian guy
shooting a 12 ga 870 that kept knocking him
on his ass .

Then there was a guy who was having a hell of
a time with a 1911 . It would fire maybe one
round out of each mag and it was failing to extract
or eject .  After watching him struggle a few min
I had to ask . Dude , are you sure that your using
45 cal .....  Sure enough he was using .40 cal .

But the funniest thing I've seen lately was just
a few weeks ago .  A younger guy and his GF
were at the range and he was trying to teach her
how to shoot .  They were using a full size Glock
which appeared to be a G22 .  

Anyway , he spent about 15 min giving her a rundown
on grip and aim etc . Then he loaded up a mag and
fired a few shots using rigid 2 handed stance .
By now I finished shooting and was packing up to go
but I stopped to watch her shoot . I heard him tell her
to hang on tight because " It Kicks Like A Mule "

Now she was an average sized girl , maybe 5' 4"  120 lbs
and She looked a little nervous but she brought the weapon
up to sight line and squeezed off a shot .. Bang !
She turned and looked at him with a quizzical look
then looked down the sights and fired again . Bang
Again she looked at him , then she looked back at the
target . Bang bang bang bang bang bang bang bang !
to slide lock .

She put the pistol down on the bench , pulled off her
ear muffs and said to him .

You call that a kick ..... You're such a wuss !  

I couldn't help but to bust out laughing .
which was bad because I was the only one there besides
them , so there was no doubt what I was laughing at
and it was clear that it was her intent to emasculate him

He looked pissed , but I couldn’t stop so I picked up
my stuff and left

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:55:21 PM EDT
[#33]

Quoted:
These happened years ago. A friend was shooting my pistol gripped shotty and kept "shouldering" it on his chin to sight down the barrel. After 3 shots he handed it back and said "I don't like that thing".

I handed my pistol gripped Mossy to a friend who asked me to throw a can in the air.  I did, he brought the pistol grip up to his face to sight down the barrel, fired and knocked his front tooth out.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 10:57:56 PM EDT
[#34]
I was at an indoor range with a few weapons including an FAL I was test firing for a friend and had to wait for about 20 minutes for some out-of-town folks in a n RV to get situated on a lane- there were no less than 12 of them sharing ONE lane.  With my luck, after waiting 20 minutes, I got stuck at the lane between them and the concrete block wall.  They kept wandering behind me, distracting me and basically making it a pain in the ass for me to load mags and prepare my weapons, not to mention concentrate. They had in their aresenal a Tec-9 and a couple of other trashy looking pistols, all of which were fired fairly rapidly, and none of which seemed to print on paper at 7 yards.  The best part was how they kept talking about how badass their weapons were and how powerful (and thus hard to get on the paper) they were.  

Well, apparently none of them were aware of the almighty sound of a FAL fired once per second for three full magazines with a concrete wall three feet away.  The best part was the few of them who managed to survive that onslaught without retreating out of the range looked on in awe at the 3" group I had put all 60 rounds in at 25 yards like I was some kind of sniper material.  

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:04:06 PM EDT
[#35]

Quoted:
<snip>
Another guy I know when handed a high cap pistol would shoot one round and then rack the slide, ejecting every other round into the dirt. You need a high cap if you do that.
</snip>

that's f'ing hilarious.

classic man, classic.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:14:52 PM EDT
[#36]
The RO once asked me how much I paid for  my pre-WW2 chinese SKS
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 11:43:38 PM EDT
[#37]
That .500 A-square guy is great!

I suppose the biggest character I ran into was this roughly 60 year old russian man at a PA SGL range a few weeks ago. He had an umbrella set up over the bench to give him shade, good idea. He was shooting some old rusty worn single shots like the NEF guns, but maybe not as high quality. He had a bicycle he rode to check targets at the 100 yard line. He had reloading gear set up on the bench.

He'd shoot a few shots, ride his bike to  check his target, work up another 10 or 20 rounds of a new load and shoot that.  Repeat process over and over. His reloading gear was at least 20 years old and had some WECSOG improvements. I think his scope mount was also WECSOG, like,  electrical tape type.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 12:03:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Man, I am such a noob.  I had to Google "WECSOG".  I know a man who fits that criteria.  He made an AK with a fire control group from a painball gun.  He tells me you can really rip rounds off with a springless trigger actuating a microswitch.  He also relaoded a 7.62x54R with enough powder intended for a 10mm auto that a crunching sound was heard when seating the bullet.  Took a hammer to open the bolt after firing that one.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 1:54:27 AM EDT
[#39]
Saw a Ghetto Goblin (250lbs) and two of his homies pull out a Mossberg Persuader (pistol grip pump 12ga.) WITH A SCOPE ON IT. After setting up and waiting for the line to go hot, the idiot brings it up to eye relief and lets a slug go.

Dropped him like a sack of shit and as soon as the stars stopped flying around his head they all left.

Dave
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 2:14:17 AM EDT
[#40]
I saw a police officer shoot a hole in the floor at a indoor range while he was showing off his duty weapon. They put a gumball machine over the hole
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:14:54 AM EDT
[#41]
I was at State Constable Firearms Qualification, required once a year.

We after being elected and certified have to provide our own equipment.

This guy shows up with a Lorcin .45!!!

Every other shot, Bam, Jam!

So the insructor told the guy.."Leave the firing Line, and don't ever come back unless you buy a Real firearm, Die cast metal is for Capguns!"
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:33:16 AM EDT
[#42]
I was gonna tell a story ... but _disconnector_ wins ... I wont bother ...

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:36:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Disconnector, you had me laughing so hard i almost pissed myself!!

We had a guy buy a .50 BMG rifle at the local gunshop, he wanted to see how it kicked without the muzzle brake so he took it off.

He was video taping this!

He sets it on the bench, sits down hunkers in, then BOOOOOM!!!

All you saw was the guy , the gun and the bench going backwards at an accelerated rate of speed, screaming FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!

The next scene shows our hero on the ground on his back, the scope is busted(the gun landed on it) and this guy laying there holding his shoulder, cussing up a storm!
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:40:11 AM EDT
[#44]

Quoted:
80+ Degrees out.

Sleves down.

He was your guardian angel. Don't piss him off.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 8:56:09 AM EDT
[#45]
disconnector, That was some seriously funny shit. I swear I almost shit myself laughing. Ray
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:05:51 AM EDT
[#46]

Quoted:
Disconnector, you had me laughing so hard i almost pissed myself!!

We had a guy buy a .50 BMG rifle at the local gunshop, he wanted to see how it kicked without the muzzle brake so he took it off.

He was video taping this!

He sets it on the bench, sits down hunkers in, then BOOOOOM!!!

All you saw was the guy , the gun and the bench going backwards at an accelerated rate of speed, screaming FUUUUUUUUCCCCKKKK!!!!

The next scene shows our hero on the ground on his back, the scope is busted(the gun landed on it) and this guy laying there holding his shoulder, cussing up a storm!

This thread is great!

WIZZO
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:09:17 AM EDT
[#47]
We were qualifying with the M9 in bootcamp and had to do something like 10 shots in 7 seconds or whatever. This tiny little blonde girl who had stated earlier she had never fired a gun before bootcamp gets ready for this series. The first shot she closed her eyes and just pulled the trigger as fast as she could. The last 8 shots went straight up right through the roof of the range we were at. Peices of rotten plywood and what not were raining down all over her. The RO didn't get to her before the magazine was empty, needless to say she didn't shot the rest of the time we were there.
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:24:25 AM EDT
[#48]
The only time I was ever at a gun range, some guys a couple lanes down were shooting a Mossberg Persuader. One of them asked the guy who was shooting if he could try a few rounds through it. "Sure!" He loads two shells from different boxes into the shotgun and, grinning, hands it to his buddy.

The first shell came from a box labeled 12 Gauge 2 3/4" Birdshot. No biggie. The second shell came from a box labeled 12 Gauge 3" Magnum Rifled Slug.

After the first shot, the guy said his wrist was sore, but it was managable.

After the second shot, what he said is unprintable.

Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:36:51 AM EDT
[#49]
best stories ever
Link Posted: 8/26/2005 9:41:59 AM EDT
[#50]
Saw a guy shooting a Glock 21 once...

after every shot he would pull the gun back close to his chest in a close retention, and then before firing his next shot he would tilt the gun back pointing the muzzle straight up, then ease it up, roll it back over his shoulder (muzzle sweeping everyone behind him) then point it straight up again and eeeaaase it up until his elbows were locked and then swivel his arms down until he was on target.

It was like he was some kind of Cagney/Lacy/TJ Hooker mime.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top