Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 6:05:25 PM EDT
I went to Steak and Shake for lunch today and realized i forgot my cash. so i pay with the debit card.

She hands me the slip to sign and it has a space reserved for their tip.

eh?

I am always a good tipper however, i reallly never thought about tipping the person in the drive thru.

is this normal for fast food debit\credit card transactions?

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:06:39 PM EDT
[#1]
I wouldn't tip jack sh*t at a drive thru.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:07:26 PM EDT
[#2]
It is probably a generic form, and I belive they serve you if you go inside.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:07:32 PM EDT
[#3]
ummm....
HELL NO!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:08:53 PM EDT
[#4]
My tip would be to tell them to not piss IN TO the wind.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:10:25 PM EDT
[#5]
Their ATM/Charge form prints the space for a tip automatically, IIRC.

It's the same one they use for inside (sit down) orders.

Don't fret it.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:10:36 PM EDT
[#6]
The ONLY drive through I tip at (and ever have tipped at) is the mexican place I frequent.

They have NEVER screwed up an order, speak english well, are fast and serve damn good, fresh food.

They have a "tip cup" on the counter and I always drop my change back in.

I'd never even consider it for a franchise fast food joint.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:11:15 PM EDT
[#7]
here's your tip:

make sure your hand is not stuck in my window when i drive off.  

how's that?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:11:57 PM EDT
[#8]
Tips for the drive thru?...

"They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets fucked? Ol'Triumph955i ! Okay, sure! I don't give a fuck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:13:43 PM EDT
[#9]
the machine that prints out the receipt for drive through is the same machine that does that dine-in orders, where a tip is common. not rocket science really....
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:17:10 PM EDT
[#10]
No, and don't ever go to SNS for drive-thru it is a joke .  
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:43:42 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Tips for the drive thru?...

"They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru, okay? They FUCK YOU at the drive-thru! They know you're gonna be miles away before you find out you got fucked! They know you're not gonna turn around and go back, they don't care. So who gets fucked? Ol'Triumph955i ! Okay, sure! I don't give a fuck! I'm not eating this tuna, okay?

Quoted:
the machine that prints out the receipt for drive through is the same machine that does that dine-in orders, where a tip is common. not rocket science really....

I figured that much on my own. just found it odd.

I was also curious how many people feel obligated to leave a tip because it is right thier on the receipt.
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top