Warning

Close

Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Posted: 8/25/2005 4:03:32 PM EDT
Sometimes I reply to a "flaming" thread, and check the thread out the next day.  After a day or two, often there are hundreds of posts piled on top of my post and I can't remember what page I posted in.  At this point I have to scroll through all the pages to see where I left off last.

I suggest to AR15.com staff that you add a "find my post in this flaming thread" button to make it easier to jump through all the text and pick up where you left off.  This may or may not be possible, but I figured I would make the suggestion.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:04:04 PM EDT
[#1]
More goats.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:04:56 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:
More goats.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:06:03 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Quoted:
More goats.

In order to upgrade the site, there is a quota of goats that must be collected. There was a recent upgrade performed, so in order to do any more, the membership must collect more goats.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:06:34 PM EDT
[#4]
I'd like to find my posts as well in the Mega-Threads.

More squirrels?

Danny
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:07:00 PM EDT
[#5]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
More goats.

In order to upgrade the site, there is a quota of goats that must be collected. There was a recent upgrade performed, so in order to do any more, the membership must collect more goats.

When my goat needs to be resleeved, I'll trade it in on here.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:09:41 PM EDT
[#6]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
More goats.

OK, tell me how to get the goats then.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#7]
1 vote for "thread checkpoints"
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:13:25 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

You would have to pay membership for "thread checkpoints", I'm sure.  You can't even "tag" anything.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:15:20 PM EDT
[#9]

Quoted:

Quoted:

You would have to pay membership for "thread checkpoints", I'm sure.  You can't even "tag" anything.

Team Forum.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:16:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:19:44 PM EDT
[#11]

Quoted:
Working as Staff, I could SURE use something like this--good idea.  We routinely have to search for things.  We will see member XXXXXXX posted in the following threads--and there will be a list.  If a thread is ten pages we just see the thread, but have no clue what page of the thread the actual post is on.  It is a major drag on our time to skim through ten pages looking for what we need.  

That said, the software for this site is completely custom, written by GoatBoy, so I don't know if he can, or would be inclined to spend the necessary time to create something like this.  I would suggest posting a thread in the "Site Suggestions" (or whatever it's called) forum, at the bottom of the forums list, just above the Mod forum.  Again, good idea!  

Any chance you could pass the word on to GoatBoy?  I never noticed a "Site Suggestion" forum, I'll give that a try too.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:23:39 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:32:15 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:35:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Great suggestion!  I would like to see this feature!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:36:53 PM EDT
[#15]

Quoted:
In order to have your goat resleeved, you must provide your goat resleeving device to us, free of charge. We cannot possibly stock all the sizes and types of goat resleevers.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:40:34 PM EDT
[#17]
every response has an ID number....it shouldn't be to big of a deal from a database standpoint

as it is, searches are pulling up thread numbers

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:43:10 PM EDT
[#18]
<<<<NEW TITLE LINE

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
In order to have your goat resleeved, you must provide your goat resleeving device to us, free of charge. We cannot possibly stock all the sizes and types of goat resleevers.

I have no idea what you're talking about, so here's a Nigerian scammer with a package on his head.

If you have a worn cylinder in an engine, there are sleeves that fit inside the cylinder to restore the proper diameter.  If you have an old goat, you need a goat resleever. Of course, we'll provide the sleeve itself.
If you attempt to get a resupply of goat resleevers from a Nigerian Scammer, he'll take off with all your bovine borescopes.

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:44:13 PM EDT
[#19]

Quoted:
When my goat needs to be resleeved, I'll trade it in on here.

You could skip the embarassment and expense of goat sleeving by having your goats honed. This entails only a few quick minutes on a goat reamer.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:48:29 PM EDT
[#20]

Quoted:
More goats.

No, more COWBELL!!
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:53:57 PM EDT
[#21]
What if my goat has one 'o them hi techery plasma sprayed chrome-nickel cylinders? T'ain't no sleeve in there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 4:57:56 PM EDT
[#22]
Goat Reaming, I tell ya! The answer is Goat Reaming.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 5:29:46 PM EDT
[#23]

Quoted:
Goat Reaming, I tell ya! The answer is Goat Reaming.

< Changed my title again.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 6:56:02 PM EDT
[#24]
When the dupe police strike at least link to the duped thread so we may refine our search fu before posting.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:12:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Make it like AK47.NET, there, you get one email, and not another one until you check the thread again.
I belive it also takes you to your reply., or the page your reply is on, dont remember which.

Its hard to subscribe here, because you get like a hundread emails from one topic...it sucks.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:28:58 PM EDT
[#26]
Can we resleave worn out sheep too? I got a few around here and I would like to tighten them up a bit for better compression.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:30:32 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:
Can we resleave worn out sheep too? I got a few around here and I would like to tighten them up a bit for better compression.

Just trade them in for chickens

Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:31:47 PM EDT
[#28]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Just trade them in for chickens

There no good you can only choke them.. What the use in that...
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:37:47 PM EDT
[#29]

Quoted:
Sometimes I reply to a "flaming" thread, and check the thread out the next day.  After a day or two, often there are hundreds of posts piled on top of my post and I can't remember what page I posted in.  At this point I have to scroll through all the pages to see where I left off last.

I suggest to AR15.com staff that you add a "find my post in this flaming thread" button to make it easier to jump through all the text and pick up where you left off.  This may or may not be possible, but I figured I would make the suggestion.

Actually that’s what happens when you Subscribe to a thread.
You get an E-Mail notification from each and every subsequent post from where you decided to Subscribe.

So to find out where you left off, just find the earliest E-Mail message and work from there.
Link Posted: 8/25/2005 7:39:46 PM EDT
[#30]
+1  need a bookmark for botd threads!!
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top